Blacrose's Works In Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my current WIP pics. The torso only needs a tad of body work to smooth everythign out but it really doesnt look too bad.

P2040251.jpg

Front. It's lopsided for a reason..... see next picture.

P2040252.jpg

The traditional way of getting this piece werable it to separate the chest from the back. I decided to go an easier route by taking out the part in the pink circle so i can easily slide it on and off (it's very convenient). The separated piece will have a very simple system rigged up to put it back into place when i'm wearing the armor (or for display) without the risk of loosing it, it coming loose and looking dumb, or breaking. Stay tuned to see what I do in the next few weeks.

P2040253.jpg

The back.

The area you took out of the chest... That's the hinged area I was telling you about earlier on the phone. There is actually a separate plate that goes right there that connects the back to the front. On mine, I am going to make the plate, and make a buckle on the back. Also, with that extra hinge, it gives it more flex. There are also 2 spots on the butt plate. Either side of the butt plate, is pretty much the same idea. It's like a hinge system for flex, and movement. Haven't seen anyone else do it for some reason, but it would come in handy. I'll send you the pics like I said. Got a bit wrapped up earlier today after work... And you said something about paint... Need more? ;)

Sick, Love the approach of finding an easier way to take it off, I havn't seen anyone creative enough to do something as simple as that :p , Nice job BRI.

-Doom

GIGGITY GIGGTY GIG-GAH-TY!!!

That is awsome.

keep workin on that armor Kelly, its looking great.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well well well, looks like we might be sporting some armor for D*Con afterall. Keep up the good work Kelly! Just an idea, keep that piece you cut off on your chest, and add snaps to each side of it. Leaving it empty like that looks weird in photos *raises hand* guilty as charged. Beat you to the punch on this idea on my first suit, but I ended up regretting it. Here's a photo to show what I mean:

CIMG1922Large.jpg

Not the best representation, this is right when HD files just came out and we were all mix-match Spartans trying to upgrade one piece at a time lol.

Cheers,
Kensai

Thanks Joe, I actually am workin on snaps and velro straps to hold that piece in place. I just didnt have it done when i took the pictures... actually, i'm gonna finish it after I make this post lol. Nice to hear from you again bud, catch you on AIM later :]

Wow Kelly, the detail in that spiker is incredible!
And the helmet looks awesome too, love the LEDs.
You're gonna paint the chest piece pink, right? Eeee I can't wait to see everything finished!
It all looks so amazing, really really good luck with it! =]

Kickass peice...

But...

USE YOUT XBOX LIVE FOR SOMETHING OTHER THAN NETFLIX!

YOU HAVE FRIENDS! PLAY WITH THEM!!!

lol. jk.

xalener said:
Kickass peice...

But...

USE YOUT XBOX LIVE FOR SOMETHING OTHER THAN NETFLIX!

YOU HAVE FRIENDS! PLAY WITH THEM!!!

lol. jk.
thats right. at least look at our >9000 party invites :p

Harris007 said:
omga. how did you get a spiker from smick? :eek: o_O

She came to my house in her armour and demanded weapons for her army of Spartans she is commanding. :eek:
Well she didnt really come over, she just asked really nice. :D
Ok, she did ask but she also paid for it.

Cant wait to see more pics, everything looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back