Blacrose's Works In Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlacRoseImmortal said:
PB240156.jpg

ZOMG that is ONE SEXIII spiker! J'ai jelouse! :D
Arrr, you guys n gals in the US are lucky, you get to work together on your stuff! I just got my lil' brother running round my bedroom shouting "Mastuuurrr Cheeeeeefff!" in a cutee voice. It doesn't help to be honest!
Anyway, all your props and armour look great so far, I really can't wait to see everything finished! Good luck! Not that you need it though! ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
omg...that spiker is amazing... in love with the leather handle wrap...tre sexi!... try not to slip on the drool stain i put on the floor...i'll put a wet floor sign up...

wow... haha i think it is obvious that you have experience doing this haha. everything looks so good =D *hopes that his armour and props turn out as good*

and i know its probably been over said but i really can't resist the urge so i'm gonna apologize right now but.... "it's not pink !!! its light red you guys !!"

to quote the immortal words of Red Vs Blue. >_< lol

Sorry Ive been MIA for a long time, life has gotten in the way of my prowling the 405th for hours a day. Hopefuklly once I get my living and school situations settled I'll be back full time. Anyway, I DO have some nice little updates on my armor/weapons. I FINALLY finished my Spiker by installing the 6 LEDs, it took me so long because I didnt know how to solder or how to make sense of electrical wires and stuff lol, lucky I sucked it up and gave it a try and *gasp* It worked lol.

I also re-painted my helmet because, as most of you know, I was very unsatisfied with my paintjob. The new paint still isnt near perfect but it makes me a tad happier. Oh and i also got the LEDs installed and so far 1 fan along with the helmet padding. I have yet to get new visors :cautious:

I'm working on the torso right now, it's FS's model and it's fully built and fiberglassed, I will continue with the work once i buy a new saw and some expanding foam, you'll see what I'm goin to do later lol. I finished the gut plate. I'm setting it aside for afer I finish a handplate and a shin piece so I can do all the molding at one time, again later on.

I have the pics here and will update my first post too. Enjoy :]

P2010248.jpg

P2010250.jpg

P1180241.jpg

P1310246.jpg

P1310244.jpg

Heh thanks, the electronics scared me because I hate screwing up and redoing things so I was very nervous. Not only did the soldering go well, I only burned myself twice! :p

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Heh thanks, the electronics scared me because I hate screwing up and redoing things so I was very nervous. Not only did the soldering go well, I only burned myself twice! :p
Thats why I didn't do the wiring for my M6G. I have a friend thats an electrical engineer and he did all the soldering for me. He had every thing needed to do the work.

LeeKegan said:
Thats why I didn't do the wiring for my M6G. I have a friend thats an electrical engineer and he did all the soldering for me. He had every thing needed to do the work.

You have to have a few battle scars or its like you missed the war right? :D

Everything looks great. I liked the first helmets paint job as much as the new one, it was good work on them both. I have painted things multiple times when everyone said it was fine but it just didnt satisfy me, so I understand the repaint. Im glad the wiring worked out for you, you are the first one to finish a spiker with lights other than me. Keep up the good work, now you have soldering skills under your belt.

Me like me like xD Me thinks this is awesome. :3

high5 for your progress!

*Waits with his hand up*

Spraynoob (Ralph P.)

very nice! im liking the way your armor is coming out. and i hear ya on the electronics. when i installed the fans in my helmet it was the first time i ever soldered. i burned my self a bunch of times, and even dropped the soldering iron on my hand :lol: but ill be watching this thread...youve got some nice armor.....

The two tone pink paint job rocks! Wish my lens covers looked half as good too. My local Radioshack doesn't stock 'em so I had to ghetto tint covers I made from taking apart googlie eyes. :lol:

smick's stuff always blows me away and your finished spiker just impresses me more. ;)

smick6 said:
You have to have a few battle scars or its like you missed the war right? :D

Everything looks great. I liked the first helmets paint job as much as the new one, it was good work on them both. I have painted things multiple times when everyone said it was fine but it just didnt satisfy me, so I understand the repaint. Im glad the wiring worked out for you, you are the first one to finish a spiker with lights other than me. Keep up the good work, now you have soldering skills under your belt.

Yeah, I dont think I'll ever get my helmet the way I want it as far as paint goes, but hell, It's done and I'm happy lol. And you know the LED's took me forever. I've been tryign to talk myself into soldering them together ever since I first asked you via PM about the electronics XD

Though, I do admit I killed most of the LEDs you sent me. I had to go buy out my local Radioshack's (30 mile drive :cautious:) blue LEDs, heh.

Thank you so much for THE greatest weapon replica in the universe. I love this thing so much.... now the only thing left is to sharpen the blades..... :p

blackshield77 said:
No more dual layer golden visor ? why ?

Because the other crappy layer kinda exploded..... I'll get around to the visor replacement eventually lol

SprayNoob said:
Me like me like xD Me thinks this is awesome. :3

high5 for your progress!

*Waits with his hand up*

Spraynoob (Ralph P.)

*highfive*

Sigma-LS said:
The two tone pink paint job rocks! Wish my lens covers looked half as good too. My local Radioshack doesn't stock 'em so I had to ghetto tint covers I made from taking apart googlie eyes. :lol:

smick's stuff always blows me away and your finished spiker just impresses me more. ;)

The two tone paint job is a pain in the neck, I'm just amazed that Ive been able to get the right mix together for all my so-far-done pieces. I'm kinda dredding the torso though.... thats gonna be alot of mixing, effing up, mixing, cursing, mixing, quitting, mixing, etc

Ghetto tinting FTW btw. Luckly a great friend of mine sent me these LED's with holders that were perfect for the job (thanks Scott!)
-------------------

Thanks everyone for the lovely words, it's things liek your comments that just amps me up to get much more done sooner <3

LOVE the re-paint!!! There wasn't anything "wrong" with the first one but I much prefer the new and improved version. The Spiker's looking great as well - I finally broke down and picked up a kit which will hopefully be here this week so I'm looking at all the references I can find...

Keep up the great work! :D

The old paintjob didnt sit well with me because yo ucould barely tell if it was pink with black or black with pink, it really bothered me. After getting some painting techniques down pat I thought it was time for me to tackle my helmet again.... and I may do it once more in the future :p

Good luck with your Spiker, you'll love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back