Pepakura Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey fellow 405th builders, I am trying to find a pep file for a grey warden helmet from dragon age. I'll even take just a basic helmet model and start from there. Here some reference pictures.

upload003-20.jpg

Wardens_Coif_Dragon_Age_II.png

- - - Updated - - -

Hey I saw SWTOR trooper pep files in the market place.

hello i'm new here. and just started to do this. i have 3d model of my items from valve workshop but i cant make it good unfolded template. can anyone help?
Item Name: Dragon knight items
Item Source: Dota 2
Reference Images:
Dota2_Anims_DK.jpg
Additional Info: Can some one help me with helmet, sword, shield and shoulder armor?
Existing File Link:
http://www.dota2.com/workshop/requirements/Dragon_Knight u can download 3d model of dragon knight in here. Dragon knight - models - heroes - dragon knight - smd - and files are smd

Dota2_Anims_DK.jpg

Does anyone know if there is a pep file foam template for the Halo 4 Mark 6 Multiplayer helmet. I am looking to make one out of foam. Just a simplified version would nice so I can add detail in later. Please let me know?

Hello all! I have a request that I would greatly appreciate! If anyone is willing to, please, unfold the model uploaded at this link:
http://www.405th.com/half-life/download-768-half-life-2-combine-soldier-helmet-obj-file.html

Much appreciated!

I see what you're doing there!

I think it would be really cool to form the face component in pepakura, and then detail and cast it in rubber, like a real gas mask. I'm not exactly sure how you would go around doing that, but I'm sure it'd look really cool!

I see what you're doing there!

I think it would be really cool to form the face component in pepakura, and then detail and cast it in rubber, like a real gas mask. I'm not exactly sure how you would go around doing that, but I'm sure it'd look really cool!

Actually, you've just reminded me of that. I never really considered making the mask rubber; I did years ago but managed to forget that it is a gasmask and should be rubber. :rolleyes I did find a video of these guys who have a Civil Protection mask made out of rubber.

Link: http://youtu.be/0Tp4k5MlG9g?t=57s

I did later realize that the mask isn't really rubber; (cannon) or at least, I am pretty sure it isn't based off of this: http://youtu.be/91uWeqArrok?t=2m49s

I don't know about the Combine helmet though, but I assume that it is a bit more than just rubber based on the way it would need to stop bullets. However, the concept art did show a rubber gas mask for the original Combine soldier.

Actually, you've just reminded me of that. I never really considered making the mask rubber; I did years ago but managed to forget that it is a gasmask and should be rubber. :rolleyes I did find a video of these guys who have a Civil Protection mask made out of rubber.

Link: http://youtu.be/0Tp4k5MlG9g?t=57s

I did later realize that the mask isn't really rubber; (cannon) or at least, I am pretty sure it isn't based off of this: http://youtu.be/91uWeqArrok?t=2m49s

I don't know about the Combine helmet though, but I assume that it is a bit more than just rubber based on the way it would need to stop bullets. However, the concept art did show a rubber gas mask for the original Combine soldier.

Sorry for the short reply, but I've just done some cursory research and found this from Corridor Digital's video: http://youtu.be/AkxLaC1rhUg?t=1m22s

They don't give any credits to who made it, but take a look; it might lead you somewhere!

Can I get a fixed version of the Appleseed "Briareos Gun" in the file archive? I tried to open it with Pepakura Designer, and it spazzed itself to the point I had to forcibly shut my computer down. I've had similar issues with certain models from the paperpokes Pokemon Pepakura group and the best they could offer was "it was made for Pepakura Viewer, not Designer." I don't know how that works, but it doesn't. So I was wondering if someone could edit/update/whatever needs to be done to it so that it works with PD.

Item Name: Destiny Iron Regalia Female Warlock Armor
Reference Images:
360_iron_regalia_vestments.jpgdestiny_female_iron_regalia.pngiron_regalia_boots.jpgiron_regalia_vestments.jpgIron_regalia_gloves.jpgiron_regalia_hood.jpg
I'm about 5 foot 2 and have a petite build. I don't know if that helps lol. I want to cosplay in this full suit of armor maybe next year. I can make the cloak with fabric, but I really need some files for the helmet and gauntlets. Also, I'm not sure what weapons I should take, because I don't want to make anything too big like a sniper rifle (I'm going to a fairly big convention so I don't want my props to break or bump people) Could somebody suggest a hand cannon or some kind of weapon that's not too detailed? Nothing like the thorn please! **Also note that some of the above images may be for the male characters. So you could look up the names of some of the armor if you want better images. Thanks! :)

destiny_female_iron_regalia.png

360_iron_regalia_vestments.jpg

iron_regalia_boots.jpg

Iron_regalia_gloves.jpg

iron_regalia_vestments.jpg

iron_regalia_hood.jpg

Item Name: Destiny Iron Regalia Female Warlock Armor
Reference Images:
View attachment 8795View attachment 8794View attachment 8796View attachment 8798View attachment 8797View attachment 8799
I'm about 5 foot 2 and have a petite build. I don't know if that helps lol. I want to cosplay in this full suit of armor maybe next year. I can make the cloak with fabric, but I really need some files for the helmet and gauntlets. Also, I'm not sure what weapons I should take, because I don't want to make anything too big like a sniper rifle (I'm going to a fairly big convention so I don't want my props to break or bump people) Could somebody suggest a hand cannon or some kind of weapon that's not too detailed? Nothing like the thorn please! **Also note that some of the above images may be for the male characters. So you could look up the names of some of the armor if you want better images. Thanks! :)
I'll give these a shot when I'm done modeling my current project.

I don't know if anyone ever requested this and the point of this request isn't to complain or critisize the work already done by other members but:

Would it be possible to improve the details of the HALO WARS SPARTAN MARK IV armor?

Just like Robotchicken is doing with the halo 3 Mark VI master chief armor (the new version are Ultra-High detailed and an exact replica of the games... Beautiful work he is doing)

Thank you!!!

Would it be possible to improve the details of the HALO WARS SPARTAN MARK IV armor?

The files in the archive HERE are already fairly good. I don't understand why you'd want ultra-detailed files for Pepakura use anyways - a higher-detail file doesn't necessarily mean less work later on down the line, unless you're moving into 3D print territory.

Who ever spoke of wanting to do less work? I'm very meticulous. I want my work to be perfect, and fairly good is not satisfying when you've seen true amazing details like the ultra-detailed version of the Mark Vi being created. If I'm going to spend over a years work on this project, I want my end result to be as accurate as possible to the real thing. I've started building the chest piece and I'm already seeing big noticible errors from reference pictures.. Anyways, the whole thread was to propose someone as crazy as Robotchicken a nice project :)

Who ever spoke of wanting to do less work? I'm very meticulous. I want my work to be perfect, and fairly good is not satisfying when you've seen true amazing details like the ultra-detailed version of the Mark Vi being created. If I'm going to spend over a years work on this project, I want my end result to be as accurate as possible to the real thing. I've started building the chest piece and I'm already seeing big noticible errors from reference pictures.. Anyways, the whole thread was to propose someone as crazy as Robotchicken a nice project :)

RC isn't the one modeling his own files (I don't think) he's just the one assembling them. There's another guy that's modeling them for him, can't remember who that is right now though.

You're missing the point. Ultra-HD files don't necessarily mean better in any way - more often than not, any small details you've assembled in the Pepakura form will be lost and hidden once you reach the resin and bondo stage, which means you'll spend more time trying to dig those intricate details out later on down the line. It's often far better to strike a balance between complete accuracy, and which details might be better off added in at the bondo stage - critical thinking before you even print off the files to assemble will mean the difference later on between a few sessions of fruitless work you could have used to perfect your work, rather than undo damage to the intricate detail caused by the chemicals you're using.

RobotChicken's files are an interesting project, I'll admit, and the models look very nice, but they're unsuitable for resin and bondo work. All of the detail in the world means absolutely nothing when you come to the stage of hardening your product - resin has a tendency to collect and bead up in small nooks, and bondo is extremely unsuited towards refining intricate detail. So, I'll say it again: ultra-HD files aren't what you're looking for if you're interested in creating a costume from Pepakura. If you have access to a 3D printer then it's a different story, but I would urge you, based on many years of experience earned through actually working with files and taking them through to full production, to consider not constructing a costume from UHD files.

File detail aside: unfortunately, there are no 'true' references to the Mk IV armour. The game models are unsuitable for reference materials, and the only other way to gain decent references would be to supply frame-by-frame screens of each cutscene. What we have already in the file archive is a very good interpretation of the in-universe armour, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it off-hand.

This is just too funny. All I'm gonna add is ..

"Consider not hitting the 'Submit Reply' button."

:lol:lol:lol

That's very nice, and rather cute, but there's a subtle difference between rendering assistance and honest advice, and trolling and generally acting in a detrimental manner.

Now, if you have an issue with me, I invite you to discuss it with me. Otherwise, I'm going to have to ask you to take your own advice, reconsider what you hit 'Enter' on, and not clog up the forum with useless trolling. Quite honestly, we don't need this type of behaviour on the 405th.

I think Dragosfire83's comment was towards me..

Anyways, I totally understand what you explained Librarian, and after thinking it over, I think you are right. Once I get to bondo/Resin, I'll add/modify the small details that bother me.
So thx alot for great advise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back