Scout Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuansen

Hey

This is my first serious armor project. I have almost finished the helmet (pep). for some reason my resin does nothing to strengthen the helmet at all any ideas? Also how should i paint this and get the visor done?
Thanks

[attachment=7306:Helm1.JPG]

Looks like you did a good job on folding it up. Is the resin getting hard? Did you put the hardener in it? Not using the hardener would be my guess. It will dry over time but not be as solid as it should be.

Did you use cardstock or regular printer paper? Just curious...
Make sure hardner is mixed in with resin.

From what I can see it looks decent. Hard to tell from just one angle though.

Try to get a 45* pic if you can, and point it down a bit.

I haven't seen a full set of scout yet so I'm anxious to see this completed. Good luck.

pooper said:
Did you use cardstock or regular printer paper? Just curious...
Make sure hardner is mixed in with resin.

I think i used like 180gsm card

Last edited by a moderator:
Reventorghini said:
From what I can see it looks decent. Hard to tell from just one angle though.

Try to get a 45* pic if you can, and point it down a bit.

I haven't seen a full set of scout yet so I'm anxious to see this completed. Good luck.

Hey Thanks.
I will post a picture later today or tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok

Here are the shots. The resin does dry (i use the hardener) but the card remains the same. The resin stinks like hell and can still be smelt strongly on my marine helmet that i made months ago...

PB200020.jpg

PB200021.jpg

There are a few gaps in my pepakura that i can see through. I am not very good at this yet but i suppose it comes with practice. Any tips on how to fill them in?
I am also thinking of making a movie next year for our high school film comp! (show off me and my friends armor and my adobe after effects skills :)

For the small gaps, glue some card stock on the inside to cover them. If you are using the right amount of hardener, it should stiffen the card up and the smell can last for up to a week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back