Force Fx Lightsabers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan 270

So today, I was walking around the mall when I saw a store that was selling Force Fx lightsabers. I always wanted one, so I decided to get one for myself as an early Christmas present, really early present. Anyway, a friend ordered one online and is getting it in a week or so. My basic question is, can you use these sabers to duel? I understand the LEDs are inside the blade but if you don't smack the blade at full force but just at like a decent amount just to make the clash sound can you duel with these sabers?

SpArtan-270 said:
So today, I was walking around the mall when I saw a store that was selling Force Fx lightsabers. I always wanted one, so I decided to get one for myself as an early Christmas present, really early present. Anyway, a friend ordered one online and is getting it in a week or so. My basic question is, can you use these sabers to duel? I understand the LEDs are inside the blade but if you don't smack the blade at full force but just at like a decent amount just to make the clash sound can you duel with these sabers?

I only clashed mine around a little...
And part of the blade stopped working...
So I wouldnt reccomend it...
I have to stop using the ...'s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keegan said:

Off Topic: I love the ...'s! They are called ellipses! lol...

On Topic:And I want one of those too. How much are they? And are they worth it?

Well, I got mine for around $119. In my opinion is was all worth it. The light, the sound, everything. Totally worth it. ;)

Keegan said:

Was yours an MR saber? The one I got is the new Hasbro Force FX Lightsabers. I heard that the blade on the Hasbro version is a lot more durable but the lighting on the MR one is a lot better.

Is your one by Master Replicas?

I've had mine for about a year now, and have beaten it around quite extensively with no problems yet.

I'm actually very impressed as to how resilient it is.

I have 2 lightsaber of MasterReplicas : Darth Vader and Anakin, and this two work fine, no problem, I don't try the new version of Hasbro, but the look is similar and I think is the same thing with no difference...

I got one for free, a dude I know was moving and had to get rid of some stuff so he game me the saber and a DS..
I've fixed things for him before so it was a kind of "thankyou"

The saber is the Mace saber with the 3 rectangular gold buttons...

SpArtan-270 said:
Well, I got mine for around $119. In my opinion is was all worth it. The light, the sound, everything. Totally worth it. ;)

Was yours an MR saber? The one I got is the new Hasbro Force FX Lightsabers. I heard that the blade on the Hasbro version is a lot more durable but the lighting on the MR one is a lot better.

Oooh, yeah, mine was a MR one.
Nevermind.

the MR blades will break, as well as the internals if you duel at full speed.

119?

ripped off. you can get them at some stores in malls for about 75 USD.

anyway, check out parksabers or lighttech industries or ultra sabers if you want dueling sabers that wont break.

Eh, I tried these out with a store rep once (he's my friend who worked at the store :D ), they're ok for duelling as long as you don't start swinging full-force blows. But I don't think you were planning on doing that, were you?

You should be fine with some light to moderate swordplay. Anything beyond that and well, it's all up to you.

Admittedly, we were going slower because I was using a Starkiller grip, it just looks so BA that you can't help but try it. Hard to block with any amount of strength though.

interesting question, there's a group known as the NY Jedi in NYC (obviously) for which the group builds lightsabers meant to dual and give shows in which they do wack the living hell out of these things. they mod their lightsabers quite a bit but after all is said and done you still have to replace the blade after awhile. if their website was still active i would recommend it but unfortunately it seems to be down at the moment. Keep an eye though for NY Jedi and other spring off groups.

I don't think if you would want to duel with it, because it may break, and if it doesn't, it will be in pretty bad condition. I would say keep the FX as a collectors item (I assume you have a collection of stuff like this, I know I do), and make your own for dueling with parts from this site:
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com

Jax Archillies said:
use parks sabers for dueling full force.

unbreakable.

same with light tech industries, but i recomend parks sabers....
They use polycarbonate blades right? thats the same kind of blade they sell at "the custom saber shop", and your right, they are indestructable. I forgot to mention before that you can buy a kit to convert your FX saber into a luxeon saber with a polycarbonate blade, and keep all the same functions. I guess it just depends how badly you want to duel ;).

BTW, Park's sabers are really nice, I would recommend them too.

I haven't heard of any Hasbro Force FX sabers, but I guess if it is made by Hasbro, then they must be aimed around the younger ages, and must be pretty resilient.

The Master Replica sabers, however, are somewhat fragile.

thecustomsabershop.com has some nice saber kits, and you can even design your own, or convert an existing MR saber for dueling. They are also less expensive than Parks sabers.

Yeah, I was surprised too when I found out Hasbro was starting to create FX Sabers. It says here on the box "Hasbro Signature series: Darth Vader Force FX Lightsaber from Empire Strikes Back." I did a side by side comparison between my saber and my friend's old MR New Hope Darth. His was definitely brighter but the blade on mine was a lot more sturdy. I had a duel with the saber and it was pretty good. We didn't swing the blades at full force, but more like just enough force to make the clash sounds.

I've owned/own almost all the MR Force FX lightsabers. Even the big, bulky original Anakin Ep II, which was their first one.
Right now I have:

Mace Windu
Luke ROTJ
Anakin Ep III
Vader ESB
Darth Maul - yes it's 8' tall and can be separated.

They're really cool and fairly sturdy, but when you hit too hard you will most likely break the blade where it's housed in the hilt. In that section of the tube, there are some holes for attachment and for some wires. That's the weak point.

If you're really serious about your sabers start here:
Beginner's Guide

And here's the main page:
Custom Saber Shop

They have everything you need, from hilt parts, to alternative lighting methods and different thicknesses for blades.

Hehe, I thought I was done with my saber phase, but all this reading has me wanting a new saber!

The custom saber shop really has me interested, I've always wanted a double bladed saber...

Shame everything is so damn expensive for me in the US these days, our dollar just keeps dropping and dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back