Unsc/sierra,s Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.

Well this is my second thread since i joined the 405th, in my last one I made the my Halo 3 battle rifle and at the end i was wondering what to make next. I did say I was going to start on my Mk VI suit, and i have almost finished all of the cardboard stages, But I thought wile I'm waiting to be able to afford all the stuff for the resin, I'd start on my second weapon.
I have all the stuff I need already downstairs, so I don't need to buy anything, which is good, and to make things even better I have recently been given a Dremel tool as a gift, so you can imagine how exited i was, it was kind of funny, the moment I opened the box, the first thing I thought of was, mmm what can I make on the 405th with this lol. So Im pleased to announce i will be starting on the HALO 3 Sniper Rifle, yay!!, so I will post some pictures as soon as I have em and maybe even a video or 2. c ya laters

nvm.
also unsc you need pics if you are starting a progress thread.

edit. i just released that you were the one that made the balling BR. i was looking at that thing earlier its pretty nice. cant wait to see how your sniper turns out. so hurry up and get some pics up so we can see and this doesnt get closed.

Skullcandy Girl said:
Quad post... ease off the post button....

Yeah I know, sorry bout that, something was going on with my mouse, it wasn't releasing or something it kept clicking and I wasn't even touching it. Um yeah pics are coming, I'm only just starting the thing so...just giving a heads up on my next project, so not to be nasty or anything but hold your horses. Ill most likely have some ether tonight or tomorrow. bloody printer is not working, so Im still trying to print some pics so I can get my measurement's lol so yeah I will work as fast as i can on those pictures but yeah ether tonight or tomorrow.

PS what does Balling mean

Last edited by a moderator:
urban dictionary take your pick. im going with definition 5.

it was a compliment. j

ust letting you know Wip threads without pics usually get locked, thats why i was telling you to get them pics up.

DreadMullet said:
urban dictionary take your pick. im going with definition 5.

it was a compliment. j

ust letting you know Wip threads without pics usually get locked, thats why i was telling you to get them pics up.

yeah cheers lol I know it was a complement, I just wanted to know what it meant, cuz I've never heard it before that's all but yeah thanks anyways

Hey, its not much yet but its a start.

Heres basically what I'm using.

4 pieces of 20x90x1000.25mm Pine
1 piece of 2x100x1000 Balsa
and I used the lath to smooth out the basics for the first part of the barrel.
all this you should see here.
06122008.jpg

there will be extra materials, but these are the main ones

First off I glued and screwed 2 of the pine pieces together then I just marked up and cut out the 2 pieces that on this job, will make up the bulk of the gun.
06122008002.jpg

I was gonna continue after this but ya know being that human thing and all, i had to eat, but i will have more for you tomorrow, it will look more like the rifle tomorrow lol

Right Oh, i was a little buzzy today so i didn't get much done.

I routed out and shaped the section for the magazine, started on the magazine clip and the first part of the barrel. I also cut out a small housing for the middle, then I glued and screw the 2 middle pieces together down through the routed bit, by doing this, I have hidden the screws from view and it makes the join just look allot neater, rather then having more screw holes on the outside. I then fabricated a few small details out of balsa and then placed all the stuff together just to show what it looks like so far, as i said before, it will start to sort of look like the rifle today. So this is it

07122008003.jpg

07122008004.jpg

07122008002.jpg

07122008006.jpg

Hey guys

Ok well I have the ammo clip finished, and i have made up a few more pieces for the rest of the gun, like the rear section and the little handle bit at the front. With the ammo clip I just used my dremal tool, a hole bit and drill to do the small detail.

08122008006.jpg

08122008008.jpg

08122008009.jpg

08122008010.jpg

Ok guys that's all for today. I will be away for work for the rest of the week and wont be able to make anymore progress on it until I get back, so just letting ya know. but ill still have access to the net, so if u have any questions on what i have so far, then please let me know. Thanks

c ya

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

In other words: Damn! That sniper is coming along nicely!

You know what, Sierra? I might start on a new Sniper myself, thanks to your thread. ;)

That looks great so far, I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.

What are you going to use to smooth it?

woooooooooooooow looks awesome! you put alot of detial in the mag and in the rest of the sniper to i cant wait to see the finished product.

Hey, only a small update, I got home late this afternoon so I didn't get much time to spend on it.

Basically all i did today was shaved of the edges of the rear piece, I have also attached it to its appropriate spot on the rear of the gun. and added some bog, will be sanding it tomorrow.

Image000.jpg

CPU64 said:
Looks like its going to be pretty heavy..

I was thinking that too, but its actually pretty good, in fact its probably just right. Its not hard wood remember, its only pine.

All righty then.

Today I started and completed the handle, the trigger and the trigger guard, Ive also added all the rear details in and gave it a quick undercoat at the back for later sanding purposes.

this is the handle, trigger and trigger guard before i attached it to the gun
13122008.jpg

And on the gun
13122008007.jpg

Rear and side detail.
13122008012.jpg

some of the details are still a little rough but i still have lots and lots of sanding to do so that should be no problem.

Bravo Zulu! I must say that you really know how to work in wood. It looks great. I agree about the weight, anything 20 pounds or lighter should be fine. Real-life anti-materiel rifles are heavy suckers. Heck, a SAW (light machine gun) weighs 20 pounds loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back