Complete Noob List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a question, i dont know if it bealongs here. those motorcycle visors, how do you cut patterns into them? isaw they were double layered, what does that mean? can i like put an exacto knife to them and one layer will cut off? or is it more complicated? hmm....

I am grateful for this noob list, but the only thing stopping me from making armor is that I can't seem to find a pepakura reader available for a macintosh computer... can anybody help me out or offer some advice/alternative?

WITH MUCH THANKS,

Watz

Thank you for taking the time to list these things for all of us. You saved me a ton of heartache and head bashing!

Phil

I may not need everything on the list but thank you for spending the time and effort for making a list of things. It will help me greatly.

Forester155 said:
Just a question, i dont know if it bealongs here. those motorcycle visors, how do you cut patterns into them? isaw they were double layered, what does that mean? can i like put an exacto knife to them and one layer will cut off? or is it more complicated? hmm....

I found that one of the best ways to double layer the lenses is to first draw your pattern on one lense, then with a rotary tool cut out the design. Once done, simply push both lenses together. I wouldn't glue the lenses except along their outside edges and connect them to you helmet that way. That should prevent your vision from being blurred by the dried glue. I'd still ask around for other advice, perhaps someone else can give an easier and/or better suggestion. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey ithica, when you were talking about "Cheating" where you talking about using molds instead of going through pep and all that other stuff? lol. Jw.

I too thank you for the sticky. I know the feeling of being overwelmed when you

start these projects for the first time. This makes your goals seem much more

achievable.

oh man thanks! this list is really helpful! there's alot i need to prepare obviously, an since my other half is deployed i'll have to wait to start on his armor, but making us our own spartan armor as well as making myself a grunt suit (i'm 5' lol) are goals in my life.

thats pritty good list but thats for rich noobs man if u plan on buying that u mit keep in mind they make the armer for 750-800

BECOUSE some do not have the time

Seriously, thanks so much for the list, being new to the forum and pretty muhc the Halo universe I really would be lost without it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back