Pets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithica

Sr Member
I wanted to started a side convo....

Ok these aren't only pets but an addiction as well. To eplain a lil...before I deployed this time I ran a Reptile Rescue caleed Herp Halfway House. I plan are continuing once I get back and to my next duty station. Out of all the Herps my fav by far are Burmese Pythons. I dedicated a site just to information on Python molurus bivitattus if you would like to see Click Here. Here are a few images our my babies. I have more invested in snakes than you can imagine. $5,000.00 alone to house them.

zjgk87.jpg

This is me and Sparti. We have a history together. She is the reason I started Herp Halfway House.

206eo05.jpg

Bath time with my wife Brittany.

2z86lnk.jpg

More bath time.

34fz4f9.jpg

This is Cleo. She is a very friendly Anaconda my friend Doug owns.

11btda8.jpg

This is Sunshine. He had passed away a few months ago and I feel like I lost family. Rest his soul.

If you have some pets you want to share your stories about then here you go.

Ithica

I have had so many pets over the last 6 years it isnt funny. Mine all started out with a green tree frog I got from summer camp named Sticky. Then my dad bought me 2 green Anoles which I named Wizard and Anna... I was 12 at the time, lol. Pushing past all of them, my tank now currently houses my baby snapping turtle named Gamera and a gaggle of guppies I bought for him/her to eat that have yet to die or be eaten, and have bred 8 times since October.

I have two guinea pigs called Starsky and Hutch! I love em to bits; theyre about four years old each now.

PiggiesssssandRaiden009.jpg

PiggiesssssandRaiden014.jpg

And thoses snakes are huge! >.<

xxFemaleSpartanxx - Those are really good photos. I do not want to tell you why I kept guinea pigs. My wife is into breeding Rabbits, mice and rats for shows. Of course most are food as well. That first pic I posted was right before I deployed so she has grown to about 14 ft right now. They will reach around 22 ft average. Your guinea pigs are cute though.

1diotic Gen1us - any pics?

Here they are, My Cat that is supposed to be a Bengel Mix (Doubt he is) He really does not have a name....my daughter calls him Hanza though. And my two ferrets, Artimis and Serino

IMG_1784.jpg

IMG_1785.jpg

IMG_1778.jpg

IMG_1652.jpg

Love the ferrets. we couldn't own one because they are small, smart and mammal which equals, snake cages open and food.

Ithica

The lizards and frog are dead, so they are out and my tank has had this super murkyness to it of late so I cant find the little guy to pull him out. Otherwise I would take some pics. I actually had a funny idea to make a plaster city that he can roam around in, with little tanks and soldiers and debris.

Therea already a pet thread, but i dont feel liek digging it up right now.... eh, I'll let this one pass only becasue i love pets and Ithica, you are the 405th Python man and i'm the 405th Boa girl lol :p

Here is Kaeda (and Chief):
P9120007.jpg

She's a Common Ret Tail Boa Het. Albino, she just turned 2 years old in December (she got an extra large meal witha a candle stickin out it's butt....jk, i was gonna do that but I didnt want Kaeda to consume wax lol). She is my pride and joy and I take her everywhere with me.

Here is Toki Wartooth during his first day home:
TokiWartoothCarrick.jpg

He's a Coral Albino Poss. Paradox RTB, he is currently 9 months old.

Heres Lola:
m_2388af4fb3b0bd800e3776ee361a6a19.jpg

She's a Blue Daimond Iguana, about a year old and we hate each other. She refuses to be trained and I refuse to give up so one of us gets hurt everyday (I get bitten, or she gets a slap on the head)

Here's Sadie:
m_3073cf947c7274b46e9b7899ec2f51ad.jpg

My precious kittykitty.

Absolutely Beautiful. I love snakes. I was doing the whole Boa thing. Had some issues and lost one to IBD so I went with my true love. I love big snakes. Certain Boas get big as well. My wife and I met through a snake trade. Fuego (Boa constrictor imperator) is his name and we still have him. Possible Paradox? I've been deployed and out of the loop a lil, so have they proven out the Paradox as a Morph? Are you going to breed? If you find yourslef looking for cages later try animalplastics..they are a lil pricey but worth it. We could prob talk for hours about snakes...lol.

Ithica

P.s. Ithica was the nake of my first BP.

why do the ginea pigs have that epic look of... i see what your doing.... or the whole oh really?

anyways i have many many pets.... i have these in order

tiggie lucky coco
fluffy(dead) karl (stray cat we know and named) shadow
tigger charlie and wiskers (no picture)
[attachment=7826:animals.jpg]

Ithica said:
Love the ferrets. we couldn't own one because they are small, smart and mammal which equals, snake cages open and food.

Ithica

They hide my car keys all the damn time

Last edited by a moderator:
Ithica said:
Absolutely Beautiful. I love snakes. I was doing the whole Boa thing. Had some issues and lost one to IBD so I went with my true love. I love big snakes. Certain Boas get big as well. My wife and I met through a snake trade. Fuego (Boa constrictor imperator) is his name and we still have him. Possible Paradox? I've been deployed and out of the loop a lil, so have they proven out the Paradox as a Morph? Are you going to breed? If you find yourslef looking for cages later try animalplastics..they are a lil pricey but worth it. We could prob talk for hours about snakes...lol.

Ithica

P.s. Ithica was the nake of my first BP.

The Breeder I got Toki from seems to have proven Paradox as a morph, he's a local breeder in my NJ town. Look up DM Breeders (they have a website, i just dont feel liek tryign to remember what it was) to check out their breeding records. I do plan on breeding once i get my collection bigger so i can mix n' match the morphs. I'm trying to decide wether or not to breed Kaeda because i'm afraid of loosing her as my companion T_T

I need to construct newer and much bigger cages for my loves but i just dont have the time or woodworking skillz to build what i want. I have blueprints and stuff ready if i can find somone to do it for me or help me with it.

If you ever just want to talk about snakes, PM me lol.

Col. McBride Tyson L. said:
They hide my car keys all the damn time

ROFL

Last edited by a moderator:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xxFemaleSpartanxx @ Jan 15 2009, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I have two guinea pigs called Starsky and Hutch! I love em to bits; theyre about four years old each now.

PiggiesssssandRaiden009.jpg

PiggiesssssandRaiden014.jpg

And thoses snakes are huge! >.<</div>

WE SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.

Or HOW DARE YOU?! lol

Blacrose...I had and iguana just like that. his name was iggy(very creative BTW). He would fight to the death against training. We just let him roam the house, and he behaved. He just sat on top of the couch in the sun. Scared the $#!T out of my cats. Sadly, we couldn't keep him, so we gave him away to someone who could.

AWESOME PETS ARE AWESOME!

My pets and hobby from hell lol

My 55 gallon Aquarium- Inhabitants are 1 firemouth meekie, 1 bristlenose plecostomus, 6 Zebra danios (mixed colors) and 3 corydaras catfish (cory cats for short lol)
Note this pic was taken a while back, Its changed a bit since then.
img8089ms9.jpg

My cats- Orange-ish cat is Cambridge, black and white is Salem.
picture002vq7.jpg

2 Iguanas, both friggin' huge!

DSC01402.jpg

Sugar, the elder brother (9 years old):

DSC01404.jpg

DSC01405.jpg

Chili, the younger brother (7 years old):

DSC01406.jpg

DSC01407.jpg

Did I mention they're huge?

DSC01410.jpg

They both measure about 47 inches from nose to tail tip.

1 yellow belly slider

a couple fish, 6 i think

2 cats

and 2 pug dogs. named huggie bear ( the pimp from starsky and hutch lol) and louie

huggie
[attachment=7833:_cid__Img307C000C.jpg]

louie
[attachment=7830:Copy_of_..._picture.jpg]

I am absolutely gutted, just a few days after I first posted pictures of the piggies, Hutch died. He seemed so healthy, he was eating well and was happy, but on friday he wouldn't eat or drink anything and he had his eyes half closed, fur sticking up and he was shivering even though the temperature was what he was used to. He was on antibiotics last year for a respiratory problem but that seemed to have passed ages ago. We booked him in for the vets on Saturday, but I think his health just deteriorated all through the night. Next morning he couldn't walk and so I kept him snuggled on my lap for the whole morning waiting for the vets, and then he just went - I think he had a stroke - and that was it. I miss him so much and I know Starsky does too because he keeps running around the cage looking for him, and he's been really depressed these last few days. I don't think I've ever cried so much in my life :[ I was happier that he was with me when he died though, I would have hated it if he had had to have been left at the vets to be put down.

PiggiesssssandRaiden013.jpg

Miss you Hutch! Rest in Peace x

I am so sorry for your loss of Hutch. He had a very loving home and I am sure he knew that. You did everything you could for him and made him very happy. That is what matters. Keep your head up and maybe you will start a search for a new friend for Starsky. I wish you the best.

Ithica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back