Skupilkinsons / Spc Hayabusa Lid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skupilkinson

Morning guys,

I wanted to start a short thread here to let you guys know I'm gonna make my 'Busa lid freely available to members of the 405th!! ;)

Image7.jpg

Image8.jpg

Up until now I've only sold copies of it through my blog as I do with all my other work. However, I've recieved some negative posts in my threads here of late concerning the fact I sell my work. For whatever reason it hasn't gone down too well with alot of members here.

I already have my 'Busa chest perm in the Wiki here and thought it made sense to do the same with my 'Busa lid. Keep them together so to speak for people who'd appreciate them. Also, to show that I don't only come here to "advertise". :p

It's a good file in my opinion, Smilie120 was the first to build it and his early WIP pics looked promising.

Anyway, I'll get in touch with SKG or someone to see about getting it uploaded for you all.

Thanks. :)

Thanks buddy. :)

I was modelling this around the same time ABGates was doing his. I got sidetracked by a commission and he carried on to finish his first. It was funny, no 'Busa lid pep and then two came along at the same time.

u could always post it on filefront and then post a link in here for us to download it
while you wait for someone to get back to you

adventSpartanMatrix said:
u could always post it on filefront and then post a link in here for us to download it
while you wait for someone to get back to you

I could, but I'm a little busy right now for that so I'll hang on. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Skupilkinson said:
I could, but I'm a little busy right now for that so I'll hang on. ;)

But if you had friends who has server space...you wouldn't have to worry now would ya!! LOL ***HINT HINT***

BTW, I think there was a reason why you kept it as you did...its a shame that others don't remember that!!

Thank you buddy! It's nice to see others remember. :) Even though it's become more than that these days it's reassuring to see that some of my friends here still remember how it started.

I'll email ya in a bit. ;)

Hey Skip, If you need a back up server for you file let me know. Got your back mate!

Love your clone trooper armour by the way!

Hey! Go hear from you buddy! Thanks alot!

Glad you like the Clone armor too! I'll finish that soon, just have one or two commissions to finish first. ;)

thats sick and like on you clonetrooper rifle you put the strip to scale you should do somethign like that on the hayabusa cause i cant seem to ever get the scale right but anyway awsome job (y) (y) (y)

The strip?You mean on the DC-17m? The RC rifle?

That strip is the same height as the length of the rifle. At the time I only had the length of the rifle to scale it by, yet Pep scales things by height. Rather than turn the rifle upward I used that strip for scaling it.

Thanks buddy, glad you like it. ;)

Hey guys,

I've had a PM asking if I'll send the file out via email. Can we hang on a little longer please? The file will be made available for download one way or another so just be a little patient please.

Thanks. ;)

Skupilkinson said:
Hey guys,

I've had a PM asking if I'll send the file out via email. Can we hang on a little longer please? The file will be made available for download one way or another so just be a little patient please.

Thanks. ;)
my first thought were: why skip your selling yourself short, I know you, you should continue to sell them. you put hours into your projects why should you have to give them away for free and I bet most of the people complaining are little kids that dont have paypal. there are only 8$ for peet sake go mow a lawn

but I can understand offering one file though since I offered a free AR in a contest that I build here a bit ago,
but if anyone reads this skip does not just post here to advertise he stuff is worth buying and showing off I'll be showing all you that in my progress threads as soon as it gets warmer. but thanks skip for the free file, I'll probably build that one too.

Very kind of you for offering this pdo for free.
But like timecon said, keep selling your stuff. They are worth buying of you ask me.
As you work very hard on these models. So dont let your head get down by some people.

Well thanks for offering this one but i agree with every one above me keep selling them for fee. Personally i would rather pay alittle money for a good file rather then a free not so hot model

This is extremely generous of you man.

Not only is it a great model, it should also serve as an example of the quality of your work for people interested in commissioning models.

And models for a modest fee is a good idea in my opinion. It keeps the market fresh, and I also don't ever want to see again what happened to Tim when that kid built his scout helm from the wiki and claimed it as his own on HBO.

I think why people are complaining about your work is because you have the nicer pdos and they just dont want to pay for it.

But thanks for reposting those pictures. But has any one else noticed some small details are more game accurate then agbates pdo which is still a rather good pdo. But there is a good example of you get what you pay for. So i think you should keep selling this one rather then giving it out for fee and dont give it to what people say.

EDIT: just read this

Also, to show that I don't only come here to "advertise".

If you wont to look at this technology any one who post a thread on what they built are "advertise" if they sell copys or casts in the classifieds

One word. WOW!!!

I wake up this morning and come to read the replies only to be amazed with some overwhelming support from you guys! Thank you so much. It's very warming to see that there are people here who understand and support my choice to sell my work and that you think it's worth a small price.

I've done PDO templates for Boba Fett costume parts such as the helmet, gauntlets, rocketpack and so on. Those files I offer for free as a "thank you" to The Dented Helmet forum members for the support I've got there over the years, so making the Busa helmet and chest free to 405th members is no different really. Like I said my other work still has a small price on it but I wanted to do something for the 405th for various reasons. I've had some great support here since joining and some great feedback, so to those people this Busa helmet is a Thank You. To those younger members it's more of a, "See, I'm not so bad.". LOL!!

Thanks for that link to the PDO uploader, I've uploaded the file and you can get it here: http://www.aftershockcreations.com/405th/uploads/Busa.pdo

Spartan051: Thanks very much for your comments regarding accuracy on my model. I owe a lot of that to Ruze!! He drew up some truly fantastic blueprints for this helmet and without them I couldn't have done this so a big "cheers dude!" goes to him.

Anyway, I'll shut up now and leave you guys to download the file and see what you think. Thanks very much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back