Plungers And Boots...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithica

Sr Member
I have seen many people use these before so I decided to post a Tutorial to show people how I did mine.

I used:
Hot Glue
Shoe Goo
Black Plungers
Black Boot
Boot Armor
Screws
Screw Driver

note:
You will need to adjust the size of the cut plunger based on your boot size.

2rcpi7b.jpg

Supplies (I used the Air to cool the hot glue faster, hold the can upside down to do that)

2yysf9u.jpg

Toes Armor with Shoe Goo where the plunger will go

erxsno.jpg

Plunger in place with hot glue to hold it snug in place. Just on the top edges and one spot in the middle bottom.

That finishes the plunger portion and here is what this looks like.
nffcs1.jpg

Finished Plunger

Now I will reinforce the spots that I will screw the armor to the shoe (with hot glue).

2kr0xh.jpg

A screw will go in the tip and I made two spots on the side for side screws if I wanted to add those later.

And here is the finshed product. The heel piece will also be screwed on. You will put some hot glue right on the heel where the screw goes in the heel. My and toe took one screw each.

2wq8i0l.jpg

Finished.....

Ithica

I'd sticky it, just not in the noob forum. This is a method that solves a very old aesthetic problem with the Mk VI boots. It's simple, easy, and cheap. I'd say win-win all around.

Where would it go? Creation? Molded? Underarmor?

Creation will probably work. ;)

Sigma-LS said:
I'd sticky it, just not in the noob forum. This is a method that solves a very old aesthetic problem with the Mk VI boots. It's simple, easy, and cheap. I'd say win-win all around.

Where would it go? Creation? Molded? Underarmor?

Creation will probably work. ;)

I didnt think you were plunging that much. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! Looks fantastic. I had always thought of using corrugated black drain pipe, but these plungers are probably the cheaper way to go. :)

I've never seen a plunger like that in my life. but...interesting idea.

EDIT : Darn creation discussion and its hardly posted on topics..sorry for the necro :/

that's amazing. I honestly would have never thought of that. I'll need to remember that when i get to the feet on my armor.

My God, hate to necro, but this is just way too helpful. Look at this picture of Weta's ODST design:

odstface.jpg

This same method could be used to make the rubber neck seal on the ODST. Of course you would have to find the right plunger design for accuracy, and you might have to compensate for comfortableness, but its still possible. I never thought of it before, until I saw this thread. Just some extra info for you guys that are also making or m interested in ODST armor.

Well as hard as I've tried I just cant find the right plunger for this project.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated. also if it matters I'm in the UK. thx

carnage i saw the plunger like Ithica used at ACE hardware for 10 bucks, and Damarius101 i think that one looks like the plunger i saw at walmart when i was trying to find the one i found at ACE, it has the ripples and also a large flat part i think it was like 12

I was wondering about a good way to connect the boot covers, and you figure it out.

Thanks for the insight.

I'll have to share with you some of my cretive product uses some time.

RELLIK NISSASSA said:
I was wondering about a good way to connect the boot covers, and you figure it out.

Thanks for the insight.

I'll have to share with you some of my cretive product uses some time.

Just found the thread, nice. Yah that looks just like the regular boot.

So sick.

carnage said:
Well as hard as I've tried I just cant find the right plunger for this project.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated. also if it matters I'm in the UK. thx

If you cant find a plunger, you can use those plastic tubes that you can find in hardware stores that are used for drainage. Here is a pic of one near my pool. if this is too skinny, you could compound/add them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back