Halo Turret

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent updated this in a few days so here you guys go.. let me know what you think :D :D

IMG_2672.jpg

IMG_2673.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2675.jpg

it isnt completed yet. right now it does exactly what you see. eventually i will have a motor mounted in it on a bearing spinning the barrels

it is a major undertaking trying to get everything somewhat right.

This looks great! I love these scratch builds that are popping up...makes me wish I had the machinery to do something like this :cautious:

dang man looking good. what kind of motor you going to put in it? i suggest a weed eater motor, or something of the swort :D

spartan 26 said:
dang man looking good. what kind of motor you going to put in it? i suggest a weed eater motor, or something of the swort :D

not a gas motor a electric motor i am thinking more like a makita motor or something like that

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad ass desolate. Looking really keen. What are your materials? Aluminum alloy and some sort of HDPE?

Push comes to shove you may be able to modify something like a cordless drill (cheap one, mind ya). Not sure what all electrical motors are available from hobby shops or professional sources, the only ones that come to mind are stuff like RC boats or some research automotive stuff.

looks good, you should angle the pvc so its more like a cone then a cylinder lik on the real thing, other then that looking great

I suggest an airsoft gun motor they have quite a bit of power and torque and all you need to power it is an RC car battery or if you really want to go the distance get a custom airsoft battery made

That's some kinda awesomeness. I really wish I had access to a shop like that. How heavy do you expect it to be once its done??

If you have the motor, and the barrels turn, it might as well fire. But forget it. In the game, there is an ammo box and a ammo belt attached to the gun. What do you plan on using for those two parts desolat? Real bullets perhaps!?

hahaha great build, maybe you could ask Bevbor for the original render to his warthog turret for reference, pepakura isnt the best medium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back