I've Decided To Start My Own Charity

Status
Not open for further replies.
+10 for Dirkadirka reference. Harpoon on the Jeep was freakin' epic. :lol:

"Humpback" Skeleton at the bottom is actually a Sperm Whale. Yeah folks, you too could have access to such trivial information with a minor in biology. ;)

Sigma-LS said:
+10 for Dirkadirka reference. Harpoon on the Jeep was freakin' epic. :lol:
"Humpback" Skeleton at the bottom is actually a Sperm Whale. Yeah folks, you too could have access to such trivial information with a minor in biology. ;)

Out of all the things that are wrong with the page, I suppose it was only a matter of time before someone pointed out the whale skeleton. I wasn't exactly aiming for scientific accuracy. Mostly I was just happy to find a picture of a full, laid-out skeleton from a useful angle.

Funny thing about the truck-mounted harpoon: that's the only picture in the whole thing that I didn't photoshop. It came up in a Google image search for "harpoon gun." Seriously.

Please feel free to email this link around. The world needs to know about the plight of the Afghan whale...

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally emailed it to a few fellow rock nerds after reading. Absolutely classic. I just thought it was funny to point out that little bit because I was kind of surprised that I actually noticed it after 3 straight years of studying dirt. :lol:

I think their relatives West Texas whales became extinct not from hunting by poachers like the Afghan whales but by overpopulation of their natural predators, the Texas Graboids.

Tremors.jpg

Sigma-LS said:
I think their relatives West Texas whales became extinct not from hunting by poachers like the Afghan whales but by overpopulation of their natural predators, the Texas Graboids.
Tremors.jpg

HA! there was a 3 part documentary series about the evolution of the texas graboid's..(spoiler ) the third one sucked...lol...

good idea thor ,made my morning

i feel like Peta should be on the front lines on this one... they are really slacking off if they let a tragedy like this continue...

tonight before bed i shall pray for those poor whales...

LOL this sort of reminds me when that guy threatened to cook his pet rabbit if people didn't donate.

(Hehe don't let me give you any ideas!)

Save the whales!!!! This is an outrage! :D We should be focusing on this instead of Manbearpig. Where is Al Gore when you need him anyway? :p

There are plans in effect to train US Navy Seals to thwart the efforts of these poachers. Specially equipped sand diving teams are currently in training in the badlands of South Dakota.

P.s. Shhhh! It's TOP SECRET!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back