Who's Watched The Watchmen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowan

Just got back from the Watchmen... and wow... no spoilers, but its a brilliant film.
I cant really think of anything to describe it, its left me totally speechless...
I know a lot of people will be comparing it to the dark knight, in terms of action it doesn't have as much. But that doesn't stop it from being a brilliant movie.
Jackie Earle Haley was brilliant as Rorschach, IMO he rivaled the performance of heath ledger in the dark knight.

So what does everyone else think of it?

Going to midnight showing tonight. I haven't been this excited about a movie in forever. I've read the graphic novel, so I know what to expect from the story, albeit with a few little tweaks Zach Snyder made for the movie adaptation. Still it looks to be amazingly accurate to the source material.

I think I'm going to go at midnight tonight :3

Looking forward to it. I had read the GN before any news of the movie so I've been stoked for a minute.

I'm anxiously awaiting as a LONG time Watchmen fan. I'm a little upset they changed the ending... I hope the new one is a justification equally as good. I have faith in Zach Snyder, so here's hoping!

Cheers,
Kensai

It's gotten a fairly crappy review on Rotten tomatoes so far, so I dono. I've never read any of the graphic novels but Dr. Manhattan looks like a certifiable badass, so we'll see.

+1 Midnight showing.

Woot! My roommate just surprised me with midnight tickets! :D Looks like I'm doing the dishes this weekend afterall though :\ shucks. Never trust movie review sites, especially Rottentomatoes. Tons of A-list films and directors/actors have gotten horrible reviews and vice versa.

Cheers,
Kensai

Sean Bradley said:
Going to midnight showing tonight. I haven't been this excited about a movie in forever. I've read the graphic novel, so I know what to expect from the story, albeit with a few little tweaks Zach Snyder made for the movie adaptation. Still it looks to be amazingly accurate to the source material.

They're completely changing the ending, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm open to a new ending. I mean, this is an adaptation, so it's not really cannon... I'd like to see what he does instead.

The book ended with a whimper anyway. Not really satisfying, but there was still closure.

I'm going to see it Friday after school, and again Sunday with all my friends.

Midnight showing for $5 tonight. Student discounts FTW! Definitely going to enjoy it. Going with someone who's not a comic illiterate like I am, so we'll see what she has to say. :rolleyes

Tomorrow night for me, the first showing in little ol' Pulaski Wisconsin. Me and a bunch of High school kids are going and I'm in my Rorschach costume.

I'm a little sad that the ending has changed, I liked the Ozy winning one, but I believe Zack can do it justice, he's never disappointed me before.

I just got back from it. I can say it's really good, but it felt lacking. There was also a whole hell of a lot missing when you compare it to the graphic novel. A lot of stuff was mixed up too, which disappointed me.

I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

"Never compromise, Not even in the face of Armageddon"

One of the greatest quotes ever.

Movie was ungodly amazing!!

I saw it at midnight.

I haven't read the novel (certainly will be now), but damn this impressed the hell outta me. LOVED IT!

Though there was a bit too much dudity for my taste.

Perfect adaptation from the original source material (minus the ending of course... which I prefer the original way more) provided the amount of time given to the movie 9/10, one point reduction for changing the ending. Must see film, and if you haven't read the graphic novel.. you really should it explains a lot of little things they didn't cover in the movie (Anyone who watched the movie know what the symbol on Dr. Manhattan's head is or why its' there? Didn't think so. It's the symbol for a single atom of Hydrogen, it's because they tried to dress him up like a superhero and he doesn't roll that way especially with the stupid hat the US was going to make him wear. Little stuff but all very cool to hear so pick it up and give it a read :) ) I gotta say I love the new stuff they put in the opening credits and the little details like Sally Jupiter's picture hanging up as a pinup in the Comedian's room, the number 300 for the apartment door, the watchmen graphic novel in Nite Owl's books... too many to list but alot of quick little things to look for in this film. All in all, go out and see this as soon as you can. Chalk up another win for Zach Snyder.

Cheers,
Kensai

Well I did not read the graphic novel. Im just a fan of good movies. I have been wanting to see this movie ever since last summer. And I was bored. It was not a bad movie i knew what was going on in it. It was just Boring to me. it made me not want to read the GN

kensai111 said:
Perfect adaptation from the original source material (minus the ending of course... which I prefer the original way more) provided the amount of time given to the movie 9/10, one point reduction for changing the ending. Must see film, and if you haven't read the graphic novel.. you really should it explains a lot of little things they didn't cover in the movie (Anyone who watched the movie know what the symbol on Dr. Manhattan's head is or why its' there? Didn't think so. It's the symbol for a single atom of Hydrogen, it's because they tried to dress him up like a superhero and he doesn't roll that way especially with the stupid hat the US was going to make him wear. Little stuff but all very cool to hear so pick it up and give it a read :) ) I gotta say I love the new stuff they put in the opening credits and the little details like Sally Jupiter's picture hanging up as a pinup in the Comedian's room, the number 300 for the apartment door, the watchmen graphic novel in Nite Owl's books... too many to list but alot of quick little things to look for in this film. All in all, go out and see this as soon as you can. Chalk up another win for Zach Snyder.

Cheers,
Kensai
I just read the wiki article on the graphic novel, and it sounded pretty damn close to the ending in the movie, what exactly is different?

The book had a giant squid with the brain of a phychic GN Writer instead of an elaborate framing of Dr. Manhattan.

Black Tony Starks said:
Well I did not read the graphic novel. Im just a fan of good movies. I have been wanting to see this movie ever since last summer. And I was bored. It was not a bad movie i knew what was going on in it. It was just Boring to me. it made me not want to read the GN

Well, my friend. That's a little thing I like to call a decent character driven storyline. It may be a bit more layered than many purely MOVIE goers are accostumed to. No need to feel threatened by being forced to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back