Wip Halo 3 Cortana Cosplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquidfire3

*Mods, if I posted this in the wrong forum, I apologize, just move it wherever you think is appropriate. :)/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> " border="0" alt="smile.gif" />*

Hello! Well, a loooong time of planning all last year, procrastinating, stress, and a huge rush job within a week, I finally have some progress shots of my Halo 3 Cortana cosplay. I have to say I'm very proud since I had limited screenshots to work with , mainly from the back angle and only a handful of hires, and my BF's xBox decided to RROD the week before Halo Wars. :cautious:/dry.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='<_<' /> " border="0" alt="dry.gif" />

After putting this project on the shelf last year due to the fact I was sent the wrong color suit and had no job, I decided to try and finish it for the Halo Wars midnight release at our local GameStop. I hunted down the original fabric I wanted in the color I needed, then proceeded to take apart the other one to use as a pattern. After the suit was sewn up, I Sharpied the designs onto my body just by sitting in front of a mirror with ref shots on my laptop; yeah, I'm crazy, lol. I then had my boyfriend paint the designs over the Sharpie areas.

Mind you, this cosplay is NOT finished. My plan was to paint a matte layer of black, then layer on metallic purple and blue for the iridescent effect, then go back and add the codes and circuits in very light blue. I also plan to cut and style the wig, and add strands of iridescent beads to make it look like pixels and whatnot. So there are more improvements to come. ;)/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> " border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I wanted to perfect the Halo 3 Cortana since I really hadn't seen it done before.

I would like to thank Ms. Valentine for inspiring me to do this since she makes the BEST Cortana cosplays out there, and my boyfriend for introducing me to the character Cortana, and in return HALO. :D:D' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> " border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Enjoy. (and yes, these have been shopped slightly to give me that AI look. ;)/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> " border="0" alt="wink.gif" />)

[attachment=8350:Cortana_2__resize_.jpg]

[attachment=8351:Cortana_..._resize_.jpg]

[attachment=8352:Cortana_3__resize_.jpg]

The first pic on the top left shows the old suit which is clearly the wrong color, and my horrible wig. The rest show my new suit that I sewed myself along with my awesome new wig.

[attachment=8343:Suit_WIP.jpg]

Here's a collage of the painting process. And mind you this is still just the base coat, I still need to add the purple, blue and details! (oh, and excuse my chunky physique, I haven't worked out in awhile and it really shows in this suit :oops:/icon_redface.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':icon_redface:' /> " border="0" alt="icon_redface.gif" /> )

[attachment=8344:Suit_WIP_2.jpg]

And here's a few makeup tests. I tried to make it look like my real skin color by added highlights and shadows in the proper places.

[attachment=8345:Makeup_Tests.jpg]

And here it is being premiered at the Halo Wars release!

[attachment=8346:Halo_War..._resize_.jpg]

Me being uber nerdy and trying to make it look like I'm holding the index. :p/tongue.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':p' /> " border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

[attachment=8347:Halo_War..._resize_.jpg]

A few shots taken when we got back home....

[attachment=8348:Cortana_..._resize_.jpg]

[attachment=8349:Cortana_Full_Body.jpg]

And me in my Halo Wars shirt!

[attachment=8353:Halo_Wars_tshirt.jpg]

looks good, and good luck adding the detail items due to the random nature of the scrolling objects on the in game char pics.

AFS

PS: the thought of a chick in my head while in my armor once i have it finished kinda scares me.

fantastic work! What kind of material is that suit made out of?

For halo-ween 07, I made a cortana (almost wrote corona) costume for the lady friend -

222.jpg

The detailing is a little difficult to see, but we made a stencil of some of the characters that float around Cortana and overlay them on the basic shapes of the suit. It went a LONG way in making it look more accurate, and with a suit as clean as yours, this technique might be worth looking into.

What kind of makeup did you use for this?

Excellent work on this, you've got the colors down exact!

This is by far one of the best Cortana's I've ever seen. Well done!

Dark Rogue said:
Nice job. One of the few Cortanas i've seen here.
Cortana needs more cosplay love. I have started to see quite a few pop up more recently.

rundown said:
Wow nice job you did there. You pulled it of. You really look like cortana^
Wow, really? Thank you! :D

sharkhead7854 said:
Sweetness! I especially like the second one :)
That's always been one of my favorite screenshots, I just had to add the index. :p

JOLTY TacoMan said:
that looks awesome
this is the second cortana that i have seen and definitely the best
Aww, thank you so much! :oops:

Air_Force_Spartans said:
looks good, and good luck adding the detail items due to the random nature of the scrolling objects on the in game char pics.

AFS

PS: the thought of a chick in my head while in my armor once i have it finished kinda scares me.
Yeah, those are gonna be kinda tough, but I think I can do it. :)

LOL!

Yodajammies said:
fantastic work! What kind of material is that suit made out of?

For halo-ween 07, I made a cortana (almost wrote corona) costume for the lady friend -

222.jpg

The detailing is a little difficult to see, but we made a stencil of some of the characters that float around Cortana and overlay them on the basic shapes of the suit. It went a LONG way in making it look more accurate, and with a suit as clean as yours, this technique might be worth looking into.

What kind of makeup did you use for this?
I used a stretchy metallic lycra, it stretches 4 ways so it really really fits nicely.

Oh, very nice job!! I really like all the random coding you added, it looks perfect! I'm definitely adding that once I get the chance, and I think it will make my plain suit look way better.

I used this makeup in Light Blue, and it works really well, especially since I only applied it with my fingers. I also used this sealer so it wouldn't smudge or rub off. Oh, and you would only need the 1 oz since you'll just be doing the facial area. :)

Hope that helps you out.

Sean Bradley said:
Excellent work on this, you've got the colors down exact!

This is by far one of the best Cortana's I've ever seen. Well done!

Gosh, I'm flattered, thank you very much! :D
Centurion said:
holy sweeeeeeeeeeeeeetness

I love Cortana. I love your outfit. Deeply. Disturbingly.

wow.
:lol: I hope disturbing in a good way. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Really badass! Great work and excellent detail!

P.S.: I wouldn't call that physique of yours chunky because it's not. I would call it womanly as it is very nice.

And as a side note, you definitely weigh in at less then me so therefore you are thin. :)

It's nice to see another Cortana here on the 405th... one of the best I've seen! Really would like to see it fully done. Excellent job!

To me, you are the first Cortana cosplayer i seen ever, and i gotta say, you out did yourself and did a AWEsomely awesome job :D

(I LOVE YOU!. AND I LOVE CORTANA! 1+1= LOVE x2)

SprayNoob

I showed this to my wife last night and she was very impressed. She's usually very critical of Cortana cosplays I think mostly because it's such a revealing costume, but she really liked yours.

You should send your pics to Halo.Bungie.Org, they would definitely be interested.

BFDesigns said:
Really badass! Great work and excellent detail!

P.S.: I wouldn't call that physique of yours chunky because it's not. I would call it womanly as it is very nice.

And as a side note, you definitely weigh in at less then me so therefore you are thin. :)
Thank you! I'm extremely anal about details, so I OBSESSED over every single line, I wanted to get it right.

Aww, thank you for the moral boost! :D

pooper said:
It's nice to see another Cortana here on the 405th... one of the best I've seen! Really would like to see it fully done. Excellent job!

Thanks. I really wish there was more Cortana cosplayers out there. Hehe, soooooon, I promise not to disappoint. ;)

SprayNoob said:
To me, you are the first Cortana cosplayer i seen ever, and i gotta say, you out did yourself and did a AWEsomely awesome job :D

(I LOVE YOU!. AND I LOVE CORTANA! 1+1= LOVE x2)

SprayNoob
Wow, thank you! Yeah, I definitely wore myself out on this one, and I still need to finish it soon.

(Awwww. Cortana = <3 :p)

Peter Cooper said:
Hold RB to pick up STALKERS.

Great work on the costume. Can't wait to see how it progresses.

Keep your eyes out, I will be finishing it by mid-late April. ;)

Sean Bradley said:
I showed this to my wife last night and she was very impressed. She's usually very critical of Cortana cosplays I think mostly because it's such a revealing costume, but she really liked yours.

You should send your pics to Halo.Bungie.Org, they would definitely be interested.
ORLY? Well tell her I'm deeply flattered. :)

I totally should, and I think I'll finish it first. Thanks for the suggestion.

CommissarHartman said:
Looks great! I'm guessing that was just a blue zentai suit in the beginning?
Thanks! Yup, you guessed it. It sucks though since it was the wrong color, and I had to take it apart completely and make a new one. :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back