Big Update On Samus Samus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemcott

I searched, and then used google to search, as far as I know, this hasn't been noticed around these parts.

so here ya go, the holy grail:

final_07.jpg

Here's the download

of course all credits go to the creators, who may eventually surface themselves (I know I'm too lazy to search :p )

from my source (rhymes with finety-fine flan), apparently this stems from nintendopapercraft. being only 12 some odd inches, the pep isn't wearable (unless cortana reeeeaaally likes metroid), but I've been lurking around here long enough to know someone here has enough magic to pull this through

yay first post so I guess I also have some liberty at saying something... I have my MK IV helm, torso, shoulders, and thighs folded, now that spring is coming I can finally start fiberglassing. I have finished innumerable amounts of other crazy little papercrafts to.

EDIT: forgot to mention that, if there isn't much progress on blowing this up, I'll be just scaling this up in all of it's polygonal glory to the size of a girl I know, and then I'll dremel and bondo LIKE NEVER BEFORE! SCULPT SCULPT SCULPT!

Ah, the confidence of the new kids on the 405th...

Good first post. First 'decent' Samus pep file i've seen, even if it's just for a model.

Note to you though, might just want to edit your post next time instead of posting again.

I saw this when it was still a work in progress on /po/. :p
But then again I spawned into this from the world of paper craft so that is still my hobby before this.
(Not that I don't love my Hayabusa helmet I'm working on!)

Or instead of going to the trouble of blowing it up and having it be really low detailed, you could use the Samus armor pep files in this topic right here.

It doesn't have the gloves or lower torso unfolded, but since the 3D file is included in the download, you can just import them.

Skip from spc pep armor already has a commision from someone to make a samus set of armor it may be awhile but with his talents it will be worth the wait

Dark Rogue:
honestly, no idea why I did that lol. I never do usually.

Achille:
I saw that on my searches, but didn't download it because even though it being bigger, it looks like near the same poly rate as this one. I believe they are both from the same models, seeing as they used the ones from the game.
I like lower detail pdo's, I'd rather use the paper as a base for the fiberglass and then sculpt with bondo/dremel/etc. more accurate... for me atleast. the paper wont skew.

timecon:
oooohhh I didn't hear about this, I'll certainly have to keep my eyes peeled! I've seen some other wearable suits and the past, and the 2 main I'vve seen, I wasn't impressed with as much as most other people were. one was made out of fabric (lol wut) and the other was plastic that looked like they melted down legos to make it, it was a great suit... just oddly fabricated.

Honestly, the only reason I haven't made a samus yet is due to A. not having a geeky enough female willing to pay for one, B. not being of the double-X chromosome myself, and C. price. with pdos and fiberglass, this cuts down the price of making it A LOT, seeing as the old method was making a body cast, a mold, sculpting the mold, cast the mold, mold that cast, then vacuum form. a lot cheaper to fold, resin, and paint.

which reminds me, I forgot to add the 2 Daft Punk helms to my list of completed, Thomas' has full scrolling tri-color LED display, I'm still waiting on Guy's circuit board to come in.

Ah, I see what you mean... I have both peps open in front of me, and they do look to be about the same model wise. The poly count of the one I linked to seems to be slightly higher than the model, but that may be due to different settings in the files.

Still, why go through the trouble of try to properly scale and unfold an entire suit at once when you can do the armor in bits, and have it already scaled to human size? It just seems counterproductive to do all that work when it's already been done for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back