Halo 3 Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
PillowFire said:
I meant that was this the final version or was more detailing to be done? I don't have the pictures of the rifle at hand, and I can't see it up close, so I don't know if some details are still missing somewhere.

Besides that, it's wooden, so something is needed to make it feel metallic (maybe metallic paint?)

Seriously though, the rifle looks amazing. All of the weapon props you have made look the right size, which gives them an added visual appeal.

As Lee said, it's okay. I was just kidding, dude. Hence the "J/k" (that's internet lingo for "just kidding") :lol:

I did spend a good deal of time pouring over what reference material I could find, so I'd like to think I got everything down just right, but it's entirely possible I may have missed the odd small detail or two (nobody's perfect, lol).

Even if that is the case, as others have said here this still makes for the best SR seen so far :D

Since he's been working from my schematics, all of the details currently present on his build are what I'd included, so this is the final version. I don't believe he plans on adding any other details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. I posted on your thread for the halo three rifle wondering where he got those schematics. I mean the way they are printed out, they are 1:1 scale on paper, so he can just lay the wood on top and cut according to the paper. I would like to do the same thing. I tried printing some of your schematics and they came out as small pictures on my paper, which isn't good for my purpose.

EDIT: NVM, found it on your thread. I think it would be helpful if you edited those files into the first post. Thanks a lot dude.

My gosh lee. I keep wanting to comment on your projects, but very time I reread the thread, I just can't seem to find any words that haven't been used already! These creations are just completely unbelievable. I'd have to say, this one is my favorite, but that's probably just because I use it more often in the game than the others ;) There's such an influx of great new weapons lately, I can't decide which one I want to invest in when I save up the cash! I think I'll pm you asking if you have estimated prices for future casts. I can't wait to see this one finished up! The detail on the sniper is just flooring. Must be because of the fantastic blueprints. ;) Looking forward to all your future endeavors!

HeavyGunner said:
My gosh lee. I keep wanting to comment on your projects, but very time I reread the thread, I just can't seem to find any words that haven't been used already! These creations are just completely unbelievable. I'd have to say, this one is my favorite, but that's probably just because I use it more often in the game than the others ;) There's such an influx of great new weapons lately, I can't decide which one I want to invest in when I save up the cash! I think I'll pm you asking if you have estimated prices for future casts. I can't wait to see this one finished up! The detail on the sniper is just flooring. Must be because of the fantastic blueprints. ;) Looking forward to all your future endeavors!

I'll take that compliment! :lol: lol

I know what you mean about the awe-inspiring awesomeness of Lee's builds. His skills at this craft never cease to amaze or impress :D

spartan1234 said:
im using that for my carboard sniper :cautious:

Do you mean you're using the same schematics to make your own? If so, kewl :cool:

very nice Lee! your work always impresses.

i'm only sad that this appeared while i was gone for a few days.

keep it up man, you do awesome work.

Lawl Gota question bout the sniper rifle's measurement

How long is the barrel? Between the Flash hider and the big circular thinggy connecting to the barrel?

Thanks
SprayNoob

Lee and I never discussed the actual measurement for the barrel -- that was something I didn't include in the schematics, and left up to his discretion -- but just gauging it by eye I'd put it at about 30" (two and a half feet; roughly the same length as the SR body, which is a little over 31"). That'd be my guess, anyway :cautious: lol

SprayNoob said:
Lawl Gota question bout the sniper rifle's measurement

How long is the barrel? Between the Flash hider and the big circular thinggy connecting to the barrel?

Thanks
SprayNoob

The whole thing from the tip to the actual receiver is about 31" but the section with the fluting is 19 3/4".

So SPARTAN II you were right about the overall length!

Damn, I'm getting good at that!:lol:

SprayNoob said:
Awesome, im attempting to workon the barrel :p

Thanks
Spraynoob

That's great! Be sure to post a WiP thread when you've got some progress to show for it ;)

W00T! Well done! long time coming but definatly deserved! Now we can go hang out in that secret Elite Sub-Forum.

...just kidding

...or am i?!

:p

Thank you guys,

I'm honored that the site has bestowed this on me.

Can't thank them enough for giving me some place to show off my prop's
and the ability to get help from such a great group of people!

Thanks again.

LeeKegan

Ithica said:
Congrats on the status...long deserved.

Ithica
(y)

Congrats, by the time your work is done, we're gonna have the whole UNSC Armory here. ;)

Help

I have fallen and I can't get up!

OMG Lee that is some of the most amazing wood work I have seen in a long time! congratz on the Elete status if anyone deserves it, it would be you.
I can say that folks use different methods of building but wood is new, and unusual, least most prop mamkers build out of something different. I find that refreshing and I am utterly blown away.

Maybe someday I might get something nice but I doubt ever that nice.. Keep posting your progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back