Marine Helmet/armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys I hope I can keep up with yalls expectations lol. I think thighs are going to be the next project. I just need to push this and some of the pilots out to get the materials. Smoothon is some expensive stuff as Adam and all the moulders can attest to lol.

Possible Vid tomorrow if not Im refilming it with my dvd cam.

Cheers!

I saw your new update and...

asjimp01bt7.jpg

How many years of sculpting experience do you have? Also, I'm assuming this is oil-based clay you're using, and you're spraying primer over it? Does the primer stay malleable and work with the clay somehow?

The smoothness of the top is just incredible.

I have only been sculpting for a couple of weeks but I have been a modeler for years mostly with figure and wargame models. It is oilbased and as long as you use thin coats of primer your ok. The primer works a little but since its a very thin coat it just blends into the clay if you need to do major work on a area. I had to scrap the original vid my camera decided to take a mental helth day and erased the sound from my original clips. So Im working on dubbing in some narration so the vid isnt a total writeoff.

Ok sorry for the double post but I think I have the video working.............. Maybe! apoligies for the quality of my filming lol.

"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Privateer said:
I have only been sculpting for a couple of weeks ...

That blows me Privateer. As someone who's been sculpting for almost 20 years let me tell you that you have a gift. You seem to have a real talent for freehanding detail with great clarity and symmetry. The fact that you're really just getting started is just amazing.

Well done on this, and your pilot helmet. Are you going to leave anything for us to sculpt? :D

Cheers, keep up the good work bro.

Love it....great job. Now you started and you won't stop..lol. Let's see the next one already. Keep it up.

Ithica

WOW!! thanks guys and thanks for the promoting this I hope I can start slinging pinkstuff on this thing by the weekend then we see if my moulding skills have improved any lol.

Cheers!

thats it, i gotta try some clay sculpting.

really nice job dude.. :D are you doing the cheekguards that are in the ref pics?
theyre my fav part of the concept art by far!!

Privateer,

I'm currently working on an Iron Man costume, and the little hot water trick sure did help! As you probably know, its a really smooth, sleek costume, and that trick really eased my pain in terms of smoothing lol. Thanks a lot!!

Ixius said:
Privateer,

I'm currently working on an Iron Man costume, and the little hot water trick sure did help! As you probably know, its a really smooth, sleek costume, and that trick really eased my pain in terms of smoothing lol. Thanks a lot!!

No problems Thats what I wanted to hear someone getting some use out of my vid.

I cant imagine trying a IM costume way to many smooth surfaces for my shakin hands lol. and not long ago I learned about the heat equals soft for that clay, I was looking at the clay and wondering how to make it more pliable when being the pyro I am I held my lighter under it lol that stuff will melt like candlewax if you get it to hot becareful, it also sticks and burns for ages btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back