Thought I Might Say Hi...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanners

Howdy all, been lurking on these forums for some time now, mostly reading up on tuts, figuring how to make my armour and deciding just how to go about it myself. After long deliberation myself and some of my accomplices have decided to make a full suit of MkV Mjolnir armour designed and scaled to fit one of our group. At 6'10" and built like a bodybuilder, we're expecting an awesome look once he's kitted up!

Before we jump in with both feet though we though we might test the water by doing something a bit simpler, but just as rewarding/useful. I happen to work for Games Workshop, and with the impending release of the new Imperial Guard it would be fantastic if on the day we could have a Cadian guardsman or maybe even a Kasrkin stormtrooper in our store. This suit would need to be made to fit myself instead.

The only problem I'm finding is that i can't find pep files for it anywhere! With less than a month to go till the release (May 2nd) I'm turning to you guys for aid. Does anyone know of or have any Cadian guardsman or Kasrkin pep files that they could share with me? Or alternately can anyone reccomend a nifty combo of existing Halo armour parts (Marine, ODST, or Mjolnir) that might be used to achieve a similar effect?

Cheers in advance

~Spanners

Granted I haven't played any 40k in years, but I do keep up with the figures. Turns out you can have too many hobbies.
Anyway.
If you're gonna go with a Kasrkin stormtrooper, bet bet in my opinion to piece it together would be a modified halo 2 ODST helmet -here - with a standard h3 torso. THe shoulders can probably be made using some cardboard and bondo, but you could try going with EOD shoulders as well.
As for the cadian guardsmen, your best bet would be a slightly modified ODST suit. THe helmets pretty similar, but then again, you're looking for a straight build as opposed to a heavy mod, so its up to you. The wiki -here- has pics of most of the parts, allowing you a better choice based on personal tastes.

Of course, your third option would be to talk to Skip, aka Skupilkinson. He does commission pepakuras, and I'm pretty sure he's not too terribly expensive, but I have no knowledge of his prices, only that his work is top notch. His website is skipspepakuracostumes.blogspot.com.

Have fun!

Cheers for that, don't think i have the money to fork out for a commission job sadly :( But the wiki and advice regarding the parts to use was sound, should be able to piece together a pretty effective set of armour from that!

I'll keep you guys updated to our progress once any progress is made ^^

~Spanners

I actually have a set of Cadian armour that was built for DragonCon 2008 I may be considering shifting:

l_0e866172a101065cd6586d8c26318ccc.jpg

Tempted to keep the Lasgun though ;)

:eek: I want that suit! The lasgun ain't major (we have a 40K shotgun here instead :D) but if you're looking to shift it what's the chances of it finding its way to Nottingham by the 2nd of May? :p Would there be a price? and if so how much are you looking at? Let me know in here of by PM and i may be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back