My Printer Is Not Printing The Lines, Only Numbers Of My Pep File!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hm try rebooting everything. Print again. Cerivy your printer is plugged in i.e. unplug and plug it back in.

Are you getting an error message? Is it feeding paper but no ink is coming out? What model printer is this?
Anyway this should get you started in trouble shooting. :cool:

hmm same thing happened to me
try changing the transparency to 0 in printer and paper configuration
that fixed it for me

untitled.jpg

I actually had the same problem once. I thought it was because I haven't bought the password for Pepakura Designer, but I've been able to print out other things that I've modified on designer. It seems to be an intermitten problem. Now, before I print anything on cardstock, I run a single sheet of 20lb paper to see if it prints ok, then I use that piece of 20lb paper to lay down on my workspace to keep glue from getting on my table.

I had the exact same problem today ...are you using pepakura 3 by any chance?
I have my printer set-up so that it shows a preview before it prints so I can tell before printing if there will be any problems or not.
Anyways I was trying to print out a few sheets today and no matter how hard I tried it just wouldn't print the lines.
So I closed it and loaded up the same file in pepakura 2.17 set up my printer ....all fixed. I'm not sure it may just be my pc but pepakura 3 for me is a little buggy. I use pep 3 when building up my armour simply because the check corresponding face option seem to work better in pep 3 but I use pep 2 for printing mainly as I get the no lines error's a number of times in pep 3

I hope my little rant has some usefull info in there for you.

I think I might just download the older version. Seems scaling options are better on the older version and for MC armour it is all about the scaling.

I hate it when this happens to me, it happens so much.
It has nothing to do with the version of pepakura designer, or the file, just your printer I think.
I try to print it again and clean the nozzle( its an option for troubleshooting).
It is a mystery for the most part it just happens to print on occasion.

It has nothing to do with the version of pepakura designer, or the file, just your printer I think.

If it's happening to multiple people, chances are it's the program, not the printers. It's a free program, so there are bound to have bugs, since it most likely didn't go through rigerous quality testing and inspections before being released. It's one reason I'm so reluctant to shell out the $40 for the password.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a similar problem. Pep would print the lines, but not the numbers. Two PCs, same result. Finally hooked up my old printer and it worked. I'd guess your problem was similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back