Weapon Making Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

shellshocker

Jr Member
Well, eventually I'm gonna make it after my armor, but I've been thinking about making my weapons.

I definately will have an AR and a Magnum, and I want a SMG.

I'm not crafty enough and don't have the materials for wood making or molding, I can't find pep files(since the one in Wiki is down, we don't have any, right?), and using cardboard is to 3Dish(?)

So I kinda got up with an idea with making weapons with cardboard(yeah, cardboard. It's not the material that's important, but how I'm making it).

I'm using instructions for an SMG, but it could work with other weapons too... or at least I guess so.

Step 1.
Go through the internet and find a blue print of an SMG and print it out of a paper in its real size (I think this thread would be good enough)

-All you need is the side part of the weapon. you could use the other parts to personally put in details.
-Remember, the paper blueprint you will print out should be the actual size of the weapon.

cut out the shape of the weapon from the paper

Step 2.
Get pieces of cardboards and put the cut out weapon on it, and trace it out.

-after that, cut the cardboard as the weapon's shape.
-do this multiple times, so you'll have 4~5 or enough cardboards to make the weapon's wedth enough.

Step 3.
Put the pieces together, and put in details.

-It would be useful to hold them together with masking tape, or using glues in small amounts and rip them later.
-probably you'll only need to put in details in the cardboard pieces exposed
-you won't need to do tiny details, but do rather important ones, cuz the you'll do the thorough ones with bondo.
-you should do the mechanic gimics(weapon's clips, movable butstocks etc) in this step.

Step 4.
Fiberglass one sides of the cardboards.

-Kinda the important part. to explain with details, lets say you have 4 pieces of SMG shapped cardboard pieces. 1 will be the far left with details, 2 and 3 will be just in the middle like a sandwich and 4 will be the far right with details.

So, You fiberglass the RIGHT piece of each 1,2, and 3 and leave 4 alone. It's like a burger or a sandwich. You don't put another patty above the top bun of your BigMac :)

-After this, glue these in order- 1,2,3,4

Step 5.
put a coat of resin on the outside.

Step 6.
Bondo the weapon and put in some more details.

- Just like you make the armor, bondo & sanding repeating.

Step 7.
Paint.

Step 8.
Small details(like the barrel and things) then it is ready to go!~

Well, this is just an idea, and I never tried it yet, and I probably won't until I finish with my armor.

I know the disadvantages, like it would be hard to make round and 3D ish weapons, but I got this idea just for making my SMG.

but I wonder what you guys think about this idea.

plus, because of my bad writing skills, I think some of you guys didn't even understand what I was saying. So if you guys have a problem, I could draw some pictures of it for better understandment.

I understand perfectly what you have written, and the idea is great. But this technique has fallen under common knowledge and is widely used by cardboard users and wood users alike. ;)

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
I understand perfectly what you have written, and the idea is great. But this technique has fallen under common knowledge and is widely used by cardboard users and wood users alike. ;)

Um... ok...
I didn't know it was common 'ㅅ'

Last edited by a moderator:
Humungotron said:
I do have the .pdo files for those weapons, if you need them.

I have the AR and Magnum, just no SMG

I would love it if you send it to me

shellshocker said:
-All you need is the side part of the weapon. you could use the other parts to personally put in details.
-Remember, the paper blueprint you will print out should be the actual size of the weapon.

I thought the same thing the first time I scaled up a blueprint to cut out of cardboard, and here's a tip. Scale as many angles as you can get at the same time. Trust me you get to a point where you don't want to make it too thick. Top angles atleast are neccesary. But overall I say get as many angles as possible. It especially help when you get into detailing the piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back