Syphon's Prom Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphon

Hey guys, im getting somewhat along on my project so i thought i would finally bring it into the light

Im building my Mark VI armor to wear it to prom (y) which is May 2, i have roughly 2 weeks till i have to have it all done, i have everything pepped and im currently applying the first layers of resin. but anyway, blah blah blah lol, i know everyone wants to see some PICS!!

first up is my work area, yes that is a little kids picnic table...hope they dont need that for a while lol
IMG_2307.jpg

Flying Squirrel's awesome HD helm turned sideways
IMG_2308.jpg

HD chest piece, cant remember whose model this is tho
IMG_2309.jpg

Up close pic of the chest piece shoulder where i plan to add speakers to play some theme music (y)
IMG_2310.jpg

Gut Plate, separated from the chest piece, i plan on having it free floating, haven't quite got that all figured out yet
IMG_2320.jpg

3 piece Boots one and two
IMG_2311.jpg

IMG_2312.jpg

Upside down belt/cod piece
IMG_2313.jpg

Calf Pieces one and two,
IMG_2315.jpg

IMG_2317.jpg

Low-D Thigh piece, i have both but one fell over and im to lazy to put it back up lol
IMG_2316.jpg

Biceps one and two with their awesome spray paint supports
IMG_2321.jpg

IMG_2322.jpg

HD forearms that were a pain to assemble but came out looking alright, one and two, also supported by spray cans lol
IMG_2319.jpg

and finally, my 4 gig zune and some portable Sony speakers that will be supplying the music for my suit, i even have the Halo Theme Song and the Battle Songs from Halo 1 and Halo 2
IMG_2318.jpg

Well, hope ya like what ya see, let me know what ya think, im off to finish the first coat and get ready for the next resin coat, one quick question tho, how many coats does everyone usually use? i've heard 2 to 3, anyone think i should go with more?

lol, thanks, i just got back in from applying the rest of the resin on, everything now has one coat except for them helmet, it has 1.5, i plan on adding the second coat tomorrow, and possibly a 3rd coat if i need it

Syphon said:
Up close pic of the chest piece shoulder where i plan to add speakers to play some theme music (y)
IMG_2310.jpg

and finally, my 4 gig zune and some portable Sony speakers that will be supplying the music for my suit, i even have the Halo Theme Song and the Battle Songs from Halo 1 and Halo 2
IMG_2318.jpg

This is an excellent idea! I love it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't help but notice no one has asked if you have a date linned up yet. :p

I think it's an awesome idea, and i've seen crazier things done for prom, but i'm curious as to the girl that would go with you in a suit.

Dude! That looks so cool! I never would have thought of that! It's like one of those million dollar Ideas that stares you right in the face!

roguewarrior2001 said:
And how long did it take you to pep everything?

if i remember right i started putting all the pep together around late January early February, partially because i didnt know when prom was and i hadnt really committed to the idea yet. so i would safely guess that ti took me somewhere around 2 1/2 to 3 months, pepping around 20 or so hours a week at max, also the only thing i had done before this was a helmet that came out too big and some tiny hand plate so i was pretty new to the whole pep thing, i could probably pep it all alot faster now

lol i WAS trying to think of a girl who i could con into wearing a cortana suit to prom, but no one came to mind, so I actually dont have a date to prom, i decided that i wouldnt put a girl thru something like that because i go to a small school ( our graduating class is only around 67 people) i also wanted to keep it a surprise so i could enjoy the look of shock on everyone's faces when i show up.

TheSpartanMjolnir said:
Your prom date should wear a Cortana suit. Lol, you seriously going to wear it. I'd bet that's going to be a really rememable experince.

Do what this guy says, it'd be the most bad ass thing there, even better than the king and queen. Heh heh, you'd steal the spotlight for the whole night.

lol, i would do that if i could find a girl crazy enough to actually go through with it, right now im just aiming to show up and see how it goes from there. probably the best thing i can think of happening is getting elected prom king, just imagine the year book photos:lol:

UPDATE: just got the second coat of resin put on today, if all goes well i will probably start adding fiberglass tomorrow.

quick question, since i will need to cut the chest piece to get it on, should i fiberglass it then cut it or should i cut it then fiberglass it? i wanna keep the warpage down as much as i can ;)

*claps* This is the most epic thing I've heard in a while. I can't stop imagining how awesome this is gonna be. Dude be sure to post some pics of your prom.

Anyways back to other buisness. Very nice pieces, well done. Can't wait to see the final product.

I want to see epic painted like a tux pictures...lol

i was actually thinking about getting a tux to wear over it lol, or atleast a clip on tie, dont know how thats gonna go at the moment tho

Dude be sure to post some pics of your prom.

i will, ill have a camera there the whole time lol, i might even take a video or two :lol:

You'd better work fast.

lol im haulin' right now, i got the whole suit with two layers of resin on the outside in 2 days, i might have to put a layer on the inside before fiberglass or not, havent decided yet, my goal is to be in the bondo stage by next saturday at the latest

now for the stuff everyone wants to see....more PICS! :notworthy:

just a couple quick pics of my helmet with a visor from a previous helmet attempt
IMG_2323.jpg

from a couple angles
IMG_2324.jpg

IMG_2325.jpg

and here is my first helmet attempt from last year, did it for an advanced art project, it came out too big cause i hadn't heard on scaling yet and very warped since i was running behind in the class, the funny part is that most of the warpage was in the "bill" part of the helmet that over hangs the visor, hence this helmet was dubbed "Gansta Chief"
10-20-08_1543.jpg

10-20-08_1544.jpg

10-20-08_1545.jpg

well, there ya go, hope ya enjoy the progress so far

Dude, nice Helm :D

Gotta see those prom pics hehe, hope you win prom king hehe, and YES, I can almost imagine it in the year book hehe :D

Dude you should totally give it a tux paint scheme. Paint on a tie and everything, would be so awesome. Should also get a top hat, I think that would be the icing on the cake.

Syphon said:
i was actually thinking about getting a tux to wear over it lol, or atleast a clip on tie, dont know how thats gonna go at the moment tho

Use the formal dress comment from the halo2 opening scene. "You told me you were going to wear something nice~!"
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back