What do you think of this novel so far?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All these callsigns are too serious and cool! You need something goofy! MAC! Like MAC-DONALDs.

Google search Aviator callsigns and see what comes up! You will get stupid stuff about a thousand times more often than serious stuff.

That is true, but it depends on the pilot. Since my character is willing to risk it for his fellow combatants, think something along those lines, but please be creative with all the callsigns for us pilots.

BTW, what are y'all gonna call our other pilot? We need suggestions!

We'll make a huge post later on all the soldiers that are included in the story :).

Back on topic: For call signs look for reference in the books. As long as they stay constant they'll be fine. Something simple like in Halo: The Flood they used call signs such as Charlie (3 digit number), or Echo (3 digit number). Just think of simple 4-6 letter words for the call signs for pilots.

Of course there'll be Covanant! But we'll have slots open for Covanant mercenaries ;D, Most of the Covanant we find will be of different nature. You guys will be surprised with what you'll encounter in my novel :]

Not a bad idea, I like it. :D

Oh, and not to boof anyone, but shouldn't we try to get others in on this thing too? I mean, it IS supposed to be a recruiting thread.

Texan2012 said:
Not a bad idea, I like it. :D

Oh, and not to boof anyone, but shouldn't we try to get others in on this thing too? I mean, it IS supposed to be a recruiting thread.

I wasn't quite sure where to put this. Because the Noob Forum is probably the most visited forum on the forum. I'll add into the title to recruit more people onto this.

Last edited by a moderator:
well some art for the spartans
thethreecopy.jpg

the three
did this in a 2 hours off and on. your velcome.
iall add to it in the days to come.

Name: Brandon Pomeroy

Note: You will either appear as the main character, supporting character, antagonist, neutral character(s), cannon fodder, or you'll come in later in the story.

What will be the "rating" of this book? I'd like myself to die the WORST possible death, doesn't matter when. Maybe my pod malfunctions, I crawl out covered in burns with an missing leg that's been cauterized by the extreme heat of entry, missing an eye or something. Look up, see a brute/elite/antagonist-in-general, and have him/her/it pick me up, grin, and rip off my head, tossing the limp body aside.

I've always thought it would be cool to die a gruesome death in a book. If that description could be worse, then make it worse. it's what makes a good story. :popcorn:

Name: Grey
Occupation: Spartan #1969 (if you still have a slot open, if not ODST)
Armor Variation: Rogue Helmet with Security shoulders and Hayabusa body

I like what you have so far and can't wait to read more.

I'd love to be in this novel.

Name: Areg 'Adurn
Occupation: Elite/Arbiter (The 19th Arbiter who was thought to be dead, and not an antagonist)
Armor Variant:

EDIT: Saw the update on the first page.

If the offers still open

Rank: Private first class ;) (probably the only one to ask for a low rank [besides Achille] :D)
Name: Jon Bonus

Can you make me one of the stupid clumsy ones that dies :) Kinda like Carmine.

As stated: if the offer is still valid and I'm selected of course. I see you already have a bunch of people.

Ithica said:
Sure why not, that would be cool. I wanna read it.

Ithica

What he said, lol. I'm game ;)

Rank: Chief Petty Officer. Notice it's not Master Chief Petty Officer; I suck at remembering military/navy ranks, and have no Bungie ranking. So, figured I'd go with something I know, lol.
Name: Eric Blackwell, aka SPARTAN-079 (N/A)
Specialization: SRS99D-SR
Armor Variant: Standard-issue UNSC Mk VI MJOLNIR Armour (N/A)

EDIT: Just went back to the first page and saw all ten SPARTAN slots were taken. Oops, lol. And all the ODST slots are taken, too (that would've been my next choice). Bugger... going to have to think about this *ponders*.

EDIT # 2: Okay, decided on what occupation my character would have. Though not quite as bad-@$$ as SPARTANs or ODSTs, Marines are still kewl, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back