What do you think of this novel so far?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, It's ok! XD, There'll be plenty of specialties for Marines and Elites. There are plenty of Elite slots left. :p And to the fan art thanks a lot! XD! I'll need a lot of support when writing this.

THERE'S AN UPDATE TO THE STORY! READ IT ON THE MAIN POST!! >:D

looks good so far :) However, I think it's not a bad idea to add more information on the chracters, especially on the barrack.. Remember, Spartans are like treated as war hero. All marines will be freaking out and scream like girls (?) if they see spartans XD.... I'm not criticizing or anything, just want to see more descriptive story :(

Other wise awesome! (y)

MarneusCal said:
looks good so far :) However, I think it's not a bad idea to add more information on the chracters, especially on the barrack.. Remember, Spartans are like treated as war hero. All marines will be freaking out and scream like girls (?) if they see spartans XD.... I'm not criticizing or anything, just want to see more descriptive story :(
Other wise awesome! (y)

Yeah, I should add more background knowledge but this is one hundred years after the Ark is destroyed. But I understand what you mean to make the marines more... Awestruck when they see a spartan in real life.

Last edited by a moderator:
MarneusCal said:
now awestruck was the word I was looking for :)

Haha :D Well I'll incorporate more of that when the Spartans start grappling with the enemy :)

You seem to be jumping around between POVs. In the first part, it looks like a 3rd person limited, then as you go into the part with the action, you seem to switch to first person. (Using words like "us" in the narrative).
/constructive criticism

Are we allowed to submit more than one character? I have an idea for an AI if you'd like it.

Achille said:
You seem to be jumping around between POVs. In the first part, it looks like a 3rd person limited, then as you go into the part with the action, you seem to switch to first person. (Using words like "us" in the narrative).
/constructive criticism

Are we allowed to submit more than one character? I have an idea for an AI if you'd like it.

I tend to switch perspectives a lot in my novels, sorry it's a habit XD. I'm welcome for another AI the more the merrier. We won't exceed 3 though.

TheSpartanMjolnir said:
Name: Nick or Nicholas or Niko

About: Nicholas was a trained at 6 like every other spartan. He lacked the skill of quickness and aiming. At age of 19 he was sent to war w/ a Mrk V armor, but got very burtally injured by a brute/covenant specie. There was no chance of suviving until they did a test with some new armor sciencetist created. He was the first to test it, but it had some glitches. ( You can make the glitches) the glitches was good but bad.

Sorry for making a story, just wanted to let you know how he got his occupation. Plus you can change the biography a little, like he was something else and then became hayabusa or whatever you want

I'll like to add a little more. If you like, i can make his auto biography bigger so you can have flash backs for him in the story since it was an experiment and some chemical reaction started. ( that be cool if i could have a bigger auto biography but there're to many people taking so many spots it's so hard!)

PRIMARY WEAPON: Specialized in every weapon except for spartan laser, and he's "okay"w/ the sniper.
FAVORTIE WEAPON:AR and SMG
GREAT AT: Doing sneak attacks, Close combat situations, plans, and decoding codes and languages
FRIENDS: ( I'd like this guy to have some friends w/ lots of spartans,covenant, and UNSC people.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We should make a machinima, but that's hard with all the people joining. But we all should!

TheSpartanMjolnir said:
I'll like to add a little more. If you like, i can make his auto biography bigger so you can have flash backs for him in the story since it was an experiment and some chemical reaction started. ( that be cool if i could have a bigger auto biography but there're to many people taking so many spots it's so hard!)

PRIMARY WEAPON: Specialized in every weapon except for spartan laser, and he's "okay"w/ the sniper.
FAVORTIE WEAPON:AR and SMG
GREAT AT: Doing sneak attacks, Close combat situations, plans, and decoding codes and languages
FRIENDS: ( I'd like this guy to have some friends w/ lots of spartans,covenant, and UNSC people.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We should make a machinima, but that's hard with all the people joining. But we all should!

Yeah with flashback chapters it'll be easier for the reader to understand the characters :)

Sorry for posting so much here.

I like the story so far, really suspensful but you go to say who the spartans are, or give us the spartans or cove's the spartan number, so we know when thats us or not. If adam doesn't want to be admiral, then you should put in the story that the unkonwn named admirals dies or worms or something, then a sparta,cove's, or UNSC people to get rpomoted because they did something oustanding

TheSpartanMjolnir said:
Sorry for posting so much here.

I like the story so far, really suspensful but you go to say who the spartans are, or give us the spartans or cove's the spartan number, so we know when thats us or not. If adam doesn't want to be admiral, then you should put in the story that the unkonwn named admirals dies or worms or something, then a sparta,cove's, or UNSC people to get rpomoted because they did something oustanding

Yeah I may just make a random person Admiral, As for Spartan Numbers I will make them up unless people provide with numbers to work with. So far I'm working down the posts so everyone appears in order. More or less so.

Here's the lovin'! All of these things happening.. Auctions, Game dates, and our own little Halo novel! What would be amazing if this gets published or so, I wouldn't be surprised to find something of this in the E-zine. Well, I don't have anything contribute but, I would think it'd be most appropriate if I were an ODST(You guys will see in the Creations area :rolleyes ). Saaay.. If someone died BUT, I'm not actually encouraging it. Here's the info if you need it:

Name: Rik(Just fer shorts)
Occupation Preferred: ODST Reserve

HaloFreakX said:
Here's the lovin'! All of these things happening.. Auctions, Game dates, and our own little Halo novel! What would be amazing if this gets published or so, I wouldn't be surprised to find something of this in the E-zine. Well, I don't have anything contribute but, I would think it'd be most appropriate if I were an ODST(You guys will see in the Creations area :rolleyes ). Saaay.. If someone died BUT, I'm not actually encouraging it. Here's the info if you need it:

Name: Rik(Just fer shorts)
Occupation Preferred: ODST Reserve

Not to break your spirit or anything, but all the ODST's and Spratans have been taken. It would be much easier for Spartan SRS to have you as a UNSC Commander or a marine squad leader or something else he says that's open

Hey, this is only the beginning. Anything can happen and I just read it and I say it's pretty good better than anything I can come up with.. Which is nothing. Lol, anyway I would change members to soldiers. I really don't spot any flaws.

Good job!

SPARTAN II said:
What he said, lol. I'm game ;)

Rank: Chief Petty Officer. Notice it's not Master Chief Petty Officer; I suck at remembering military/navy ranks, and have no Bungie ranking. So, figured I'd go with something I know, lol.
Name: Eric Blackwell, aka SPARTAN-079 (N/A)
Specialization: SRS99D-SR
Armor Variant: Standard-issue UNSC Mk VI MJOLNIR Armour (N/A)

EDIT: Just went back to the first page and saw all ten SPARTAN slots were taken. Oops, lol. And all the ODST slots are taken, too (that would've been my next choice). Bugger... going to have to think about this *ponders*.

EDIT # 2: Okay, decided on what occupation my character would have. Though not quite as bad-@$$ as SPARTANs or ODSTs, Marines are still kewl, heh.

You put down a Navy rank, it should be Gunnery Sergeant if in the Marines. Sorry, but I had to correct your little error.

well... fan art more to come!!(yaay people like my art!!!)

my backstory.:
a eod that had alot of things explode up in my face in battle as a eod. so i learned to cope with
the Horrors of seeing your best mate being blown to smitherens. and has a sober outside but guffy inside.
loves to see a battle turn for me to use my favorite weapons and equitment. was a artist before being turnd to a spartan.
frend with other eod spartans.

Shade said:
Well In Halo 3 ODST there are some new ODST Perms.

But anyway.

Name: Robert 088.

Armour Variant: MJOLNIR Mk. V. ( The Best. )

:Edit: Like TheSpartanMjolnir said, I would like to add some of my character's Favorite Weapons, ect,

Primary Weapon: MA5C ICWS Assault Rifle, with a red dot sight instead of the usual ammo counter. ( Made it up on the spot. ) :p

Secondary Weapon: SRS99D-S2 AM Sniper Rifle ( Aka The Halo 3 Sniper. ) with a Oracle Scope Attachment. ( If not sure what a Oracle Scope is look it up on Halo Wiki. )

Preferred Mission types: Black Ops. Assassinations. Weapon and Armour Testing.

Best at: Being a Sniper/Spotter. Stealth. Scouting. Weapon Customization.

spartan1234 said:

name:spartan05

amour varient:recon amour

i wanna die in the last chapter.
Spartan/Odst Slots are already filled, sorry.

Heey, liked the first chapter of this story :p Got my attention as i finally got back on the site

Name: Ralph Williams

*Just added my own :p you don't have to follow it, but eh. Its your choice."
Personality: Likes to flirt with other crewmen, likes to hide all emotions.

The Boss MGS3 "Just because soldiers are on the same side right now doesn't mean they always will be. Having personal feelings about your comrades is one the worst sins you can commit. Politics determine who you face on the battlefield. And politics are a living thing. They change along with the times. Yesterday's good might be tomorrow's evil."

Spraynoob.

i'll be the crew chief- SGT Marine on the pelican of Robert Owens
Name :Gabriel Vilanova

remarks
cautious, brave, thoughtful, and prowes in cqb and mid range.
he hangs out with Owens all the time and always prefer working him.
Always carries his dagger and people consider it impractical but it is a cool dagger.

looks: long brown hair, spanish (white), brown eyes, tall (6.5).

PS: he loves to take cover and keep a cool head in a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back