Stuck When I Shouldnt Be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

roguespartan

Jr Member
Ok, I have read the scale thread through and through and Ive downloaded all pep files including the tester chest. But according to the thread of how to scale, I opened the tester chest file and did the whole adding up my inches and all that and when i put it all in i get 15.3616 and the pre-scale is 19. that 15.3616 is way to small and then on top of that the HD file is a totally different scale all together. So even if the tester fit perfect, the hd wouldnt because the scale is different. Why divide by 86? What am i doing wrong?????? Also im 5'6 180 lbs. stocky build.

Use the above then if to small go by the widths and lengths in the bottom rigth corner of pep after you know the size you need. For example tester is 35 cm wide and a bit to wide just do high def at 34 or 33. and so on

FYI, the Pepakura scaling calculations in Fizzlefry's thread are meant for JediFraz's low-detail HALO 2 files (which are the ones linked in that thread for download), and so those calculations will only will correctly for Jedi's files (Fizzlefry even states as such). I'd go with box_o_crayons' suggestion in referring to abrant's system for determining the correct scale for the HD files.

I tried measuring my head from chin to top of head and its roughly 7 inches so i converted that to mm and its still not looking right! What is the 86 though that we are dividing by? Is that the chief's height? and also im using Flyingsquirrels HD chest and that scale is currently 2.414! What should the scale be for me if im 5'6 kinda stocky?

Well if you dont wanto have faults in scales ever. I suggest getting the designer :p and just calculate the height, depth and whidth...

Imagine Master chief being the number of 1, Full scale. And you are not as huge as him, in fact you are a lot smaller than him.

He is 86 inches tall, and you are 66 inches tall. Divide 66 by 86, and you multiply the number you get with either Height/width/depth/scale (In this case you get 0.76 but we always increase it a little).
Ex: You take the height of the model and multiply the height by 0.8, which is your scale compared to the MC.

Helmets are sometimes exempt from this as your head and the MC's head are relatively the same size, although I suggest scaling all helmets down by at least 10 %. If the helmet height is 30 cm (300mm), and you decrease the size by 10%, you get 27 cm (270mm). That is a good size for a helmet.

here's a bit of copy pasta that might help with scaling my models:

I could never get the scaling thing to work so I went by assembled height measurements hence the reference strips n what not.
The best way to scale the helmets is to get a ruler with cm on it, measure from the bottom of your chin to the top of your head making sure to keep the ruler perpendicular and being sure to make it in cm/mm (its what pep uses) take this measurement and add a few cm for padding and such and input it into the assembled height part in the scaling. most people get a measurement between 25 and 27.5 but its not unusual to get it some where around 24-32cm.

Keep note of the scale you get, it might be helpful if you have to print out something separately where the assembled height changes.

Same goes for the torso but I'd suggest printing out the reference strips and using them to get an accurate assembled height measurement relative to you.

there's no magical scaling theory that totally works every time, so if it comes to it, see where the pieces line up on the chief, then measure those points on yourself and put em into pep.
easy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back