Swine Flu!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we are all screwed....

IMG_0262.jpg

Hey everybody look over here... pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. :p

It's a distraction, whitewashing plain and simple, just like Avian Flu. There's something big going on that the government doesn't want the general populace to pay attention to. A fear story like this spreads across the media so all the other stories are small in comparison. Suddenly middle America doesn't care about what's going on in Afghanistan... they just want to know what brand of dust mask keeps out viruses!

:oops:

And thus the media does the government's dirty work again.. and we play along..

We'll find out what all this was about in a few years when people start coming forward to confess and nobody cares what it was about anymore.

All I know is that the CDC is asleep at the wheel... either that or they're a secret branch of the CIA. ;)

*steps off soapbox*

So what else is new guys? :lol:

Uhhh, its not that bad. Its classified as a medium strain influenza virus. not too bad. The only life it has claimed was a two year old (I'm pretty sure), so I see no reason to panic. Does this mean to not be safe and completely ignore it? No, I just think you shouldn't freak out about it.

<----agree's with mr bradley , ....makes you wonder what else is going on , any know that in the event of a pandemic outbreak we switch our laws over to those of the United Nations(U.N.) , and they take control? like a temporary global government (heres a tip ,stop watching cable news , and watch c-span or somthing like that , its better to sit there and listen to the whole story than to flip through channels and get spun to death , not the politicians are well known for theire honest behavior)

Adam said:
The swine flu is something cooked up by the media. Thousands of people got it last year. 40,000 people die from the regular flu each year in the US. 1 person has died of swine flu in the us this year. OVERBLOWN!
I think it was a mexican baby, my teacher was talking about it in class yesterday but I was half asleep so I didn't really catch the whole discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, they already F*%^ed the hog market with this little "slip up" saying its from pigs. So, a little too late to change the name to H1N1 and try to calm everyone down. *also steps off soapbox* lol

Lol, my gym teacher said the funniest thing. He was like "I don't let the swine flu keep me from doing anything, I just had a pork roast last night." Lol

Sean Bradley said:
Hey everybody look over here... pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. :p

It's a distraction, whitewashing plain and simple, just like Avian Flu. There's something big going on that the government doesn't want the general populace to pay attention to. A fear story like this spreads across the media so all the other stories are small in comparison. Suddenly middle America doesn't care about what's going on in Afghanistan... they just want to know what brand of dust mask keeps out viruses!

We'll find out what all this was about in a few years when people start coming forward to confess and nobody cares what it was about anymore.
All I know is that the CDC is asleep at the wheel... either that or they're a secret branch of the CIA. ;)
*steps off soapbox*

Agreed :p

Bigalt424 said:
Lol, my gym teacher said the funniest thing. He was like "I don't let the swine flu keep me from doing anything, I just had a pork roast last night." Lol
A bit off topic but my 80 year old communist digital design teacher told the entire class she didn't like Adobe Photoshop because it wasn't like Microsoft Editor....

imMonkeyGOD said:
Well we are all screwed....

IMG_0262.jpg
lol dude thats funny welp time to pull out the guns down here in the south! im ready bring on the zombie horde :D SAFE ZONES IN TEXAS!!! lets go to adams and set up camp :D
only one persons got it at my school, they think, but no bodys else has got it. yeah where i live they got a big way from making the virus spread there closing all the schools if 2 people get it here. yeah that should contain it not.

Sean Bradley said:

*steps off soapbox*

Nice soapbox session there, buddy:lol: Point well made.

spartan 26 said:
lol dude thats funny welp time to pull out the guns down here in the south! im ready bring on the zombie horde :D SAFE ZONES IN TEXAS!!! lets go to adams and set up camp :D
only one persons got it at my school, they think, but no bodys else has got it. yeah where i live they got a big way from making the virus spread there closing all the schools if 2 people get it here. yeah that should contain it not.

When I read that article I was like "WTF?" Zombies that come back to life for two hours? That can't be a serious article. It just can't be. I know April Fool's Day has come and gone, but... :p

Bigalt424 said:
I was watching the news this morning....someone died from it.

So... what? Not to sound like an @$$ or anything, but as unfortunate as it is that the odd person here and there have succumbed to this latest viral outbreak, in recent years people have died from a lot worse, and a lot more died from those previous contagions.

Like Adam pointed out back on Page # 01, in the US alone approximately 40,000 people died from the common flu just last year. So, comparatively speaking, this swine flu (or N1N1, which I have dubbed "Nee-Nee") has so far had a much lower threat rating.

As I (and others have) said before, the media's simply blowing this all out of proportion, making it out to be much more than it really is. If the CDC hasn't stepped in to curb this potential "pandemic", it can't be all that serious.

Then again, I don't usually buy/eat pork. Well, except for bacon. Mmm... bacon :D

99.9% (if not 100%) of these "deaths from swine flu" were actually caused by underlying physical conditions or age. If you're already sick, a flu isn't going to help you.

Frankly, I'm getting really sick of it. I coughed the other day and some girl looks at me like I'm about to jump her.
.. yeah. I gave her a death glare.

Anywho, it's a propogandal diversion, as Sean pointed out. If you really are worried about it, it's just a flu.. It's not like it's an indestructable death machine, it's just a new strain we don't have the antibiotics for. It won't kill you, unless you're a newborn baby or a really old person, or your immune system can't fight it off like any other flu.

:D I'm one of those lucky low-immune people, though. Woo for near brush with death due to chemical pneumonia!

Drakku said:
99.9% (if not 100%) of these "deaths from swine flu" were actually caused by underlying physical conditions or age. If you're already sick, a flu isn't going to help you.

Frankly, I'm getting really sick of it. I coughed the other day and some girl looks at me like I'm about to jump her.
.. yeah. I gave her a death glare.

Anywho, it's a propogandal diversion, as Sean pointed out. If you really are worried about it, it's just a flu.. It's not like it's an indestructable death machine, it's just a new strain we don't have the antibiotics for. It won't kill you, unless you're a newborn baby or a really old person, or your immune system can't fight it off like any other flu.

:D I'm one of those lucky low-immune people, though. Woo for near brush with death due to chemical pneumonia!

Lol @ death glare line :D

I'm always sick with seasonal colds that seem to last the entire length of that season, but I've never had the flu. *knocks on wood* Even if I did get this flu or any other, it would truly be more of an inconvenience to me than anything else. I have had food poisoning that lasted a good week though. I thought I was going to die then, but I didn't.

Seriously though, it's been officially reported that only 20 or fewer people have actually died from this strain of flu directly. It's nothing to stop living your regular lives or become germaphobic over.

23Magnum said:
Seriously though, it's been officially reported that only 20 or fewer people have actually died from this strain of flu directly. It's nothing to stop living your regular lives or become germaphobic over.

Agreed.

And agreeing with Sean, the media is flooding the airwaves with this, scaring thousands of people, keeping our minds off of other stuff.

The normal flu kills thousands a year, you don't see the media going crazy over that do you? Magnum said it best, "it's nothing to stop living your regular lives or become germaphobic over." (worth repeating.)

Not to rain on the funny parade of making fun of a influenza outbreak propagated by the media.

Swine Flue is H1N1

Maybe calling it the Hiney flue would be more accurate...

In other personal news, went to buy school supplies as part of teacher appreciation week for the kiddo, and all of the Hand Sanitizer was gone... I mean all of it... media hype rediculous.

Spase said:
Not to rain on the funny parade of making fun of a influenza outbreak propagated by the media.

Swine Flue is H1N1

Maybe calling it the Hiney flue would be more accurate...

In other personal news, went to buy school supplies as part of teacher appreciation week for the kiddo, and all of the Hand Sanitizer was gone... I mean all of it... media hype rediculous.

Whoops. Actually, that's what I'd meant to say, dubbing the H1N1 the "Hiney" flu (said it like that to a friend recently, he couldn't help but laugh). For some reason, I didn't realize I'd even misspelled/mispronounced that when I posted it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back