Pepakura Star Wars Clone Sniper Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuKoNu

Jr Member
CloneSniperHelm.jpg

Here is a Clone Sniper Helmet that I have unfolded and made available for you. It is game accurate to Battlefront 2. It is made with Pepakura 3, so if you haven't upgraded yet, you should to be able to view the file. I have scaled the model to the default size of 30 centimetres. I have not yet built the model myself, so I don't know if it will be too small/too big. This model is fairly chunky, so if you were going to fully build this thing with resin and fibreglass and such, a lot of bondo and sanding would be required. If you do build this model, I would be very thankful if you could post a picture or two. Thanks.

Here is the download link, I hope you enjoy.
http://filefactory.com/file/ag0cgc6/n/Clon...elmet_FINAL_pdo

*I reposted this in the Creation Discussion forum because I recently became a veteran. Hooray!*

Sherm said:
Why did you put this topic up again?

I recently became a veteran, and the topic in the Noob forum was not being read enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
ChuKoNu said:
I recently became a veteran, and the topic in the Noob forum was not being read enough.

In the future, it might be a better idea to either leave it be or, if you care that much, ask a mod to move it for you. It's hard to get away with double posting, much less double threading.

Malechei said:
In the future, it might be a better idea to either leave it be or, if you care that much, ask a mod to move it for you. It's hard to get away with double posting, much less double threading.

Alright, alright. Sorry.

A1TD said:
It's no details But It's looking good when finished.

its good for a base to begin with. But could use some more details and smoothing tho.

ACDCrockr209 said:
Can you make all the other clone helmets as well as the weapons!!!

Your new friend,

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Yeah I have one more that I made. It's a clone engineer. I'll put it up as soon as I have time. As for the weapons, I'm not too sure. They are fairly complex and thin, but I'll give them a "shot". :)

Yeah I have one more that I made. It's a clone engineer. I'll put it up as soon as I have time. As for the weapons, I'm not too sure. They are fairly complex and thin, but I'll give them a "shot".

Cool!!! i'll be waiting for that one!!

How about you make the helmet files(don't do the weapons if youn think its to much of a hassle), convert them so pepakura 3 can use them, and i'll unfold them.

Sound good??

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

ACDCrockr209 said:
Cool!!! i'll be waiting for that one!!

How about you make the helmet files(don't do the weapons if youn think its to much of a hassle), convert them so pepakura 3 can use them, and i'll unfold them.
Sound good??

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Thanks for the offer, but I think i'll be okay. I don't really find the unfolding hard. Thanks anyway.

It's not a bad base but the unfold could have been slightly better. I'd have gone for horizontal stips rather than vertical.

Skupilkinson said:
II'd have gone for horizontal stips rather than vertical.

Does that reduce warping or something, or is it just a personal preference?

Skupilkinson said:
It's not a bad base but the unfold could have been slightly better. I'd have gone for horizontal stips rather than vertical.

PersonallyI prefer the vetical because I find it easier to build. Also, if you are unsure about the scale, just by building the dome of the helmet and testing it, you can easily tell if the helmet will be too big/too small.

BTW Skip I've visited your site constantly for about a year now and I must say it's an honor to be talk to you. :D I really like all of the files you have made so far, and I am especially impressed with you using Metasequoia, which is also the program I use to make my models!

Thanks very much buddy! I appreciate it. :) I guess we all have our preferences, I wasn't saying your way is right or wrong bro. Just that I'd have done it differently.

Looking forward to following the rest of your build!

I downloaded this file and I just finished the top dome, It's a nice easy pep for when you've gotten rusty, and I think it works fine, because in the words of a friend; 'You can fix anything with bondo'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back