Brittanys' Foam Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithica

Sr Member
Here is Brittany being me and doing a tut on using the foamie sheets. I will do one later talking about building up.

Ithica

Last edited by a moderator:
well it is about time... Thank you daves better half (dont know your name)... and dave i guess you can get props for posting the vid.

Now i can use this method for detailing my cqb that is going to arrive tomorrow :D, thank you again for that dave.

one question tho, when you were explaining this to me on the phone before your phone died a couple weeks back you had said something about putting a coat of Resin on top of it... so the question is, do you need to just put a heavy coat of resin on and the foam will soak it up and harden?

can you spray paint it or do you have to seal it in anyway like with resin?
nice video by the way. thanks!

Enrisan said:
can you spray paint it or do you have to seal it in anyway like with resin?
nice video by the way. thanks!

When it comes to any type of foam you usually have to seal it with something like acrylic before you spraypaint it because the acetone in the spraypaint will dissolve it on contact. It will quite literally melt away as you spray it.

BFDesigns said:
When it comes to any type of foam you usually have to seal it with something like acrylic before you spraypaint it because the acetone in the spraypaint will dissolve it on contact. It will quite literally melt away as you spray it.

Not quite, I have used that type of foam before for a previous prop and had no problems spray painting it.

Aside from that great tut.

We have sealed it with acrylic before but with this stuff you don't need to. We have spray painted before without sealing it. The spraypaint actually sealed it. Resin may desolve it so resin brfore the use.

Ithica
Dave

hmmm, maybe that's why the great stuff foam melted away on my AR.... should have sealed it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back