Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
ACDCCrocker i have already unfolded it are you reunfolding it or???
You can post ink its fine with me

If you already unfolded it, I guess I am reunfolding it. Ok thanks.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

====================
====================

Here is the new Pistol unfold.
New ODST Pistol Unfold!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Malechei, thanks, and I don't mind at all

night you can do it ill let you get some done and ill work on other things.

Th3 FETT MAN

And FETT MAN, this is important: I never meant that to sound like I wash pushing you away from what you're doing. You don't by any means have to work on "other things," work on what you want. I just was wondering if sometime in the future I could have a try. Keep working on what you intended to work on. It's your work.

UPDATE:

The new H3 ODST Upper Chest Plate is *almost* done. Here's some screenshots!
- It's *almost* completed because, before I release the file to my eager team of unfolders, I need the stamp of approval from the members here, so now's your chance for last-minute critiquing. I'd appreciate it if discussion of the old model ended here. Once any errors on the new model are fixed, I'll PM it to my unfolders. Now, for the pics!

The model, next to the reference picture, helpfully provided by Malachei:

frontchestorangerender2.jpg

The model, in perspective view. Notice the major changes:

frontchestorangerender3.jpg

Top view (not at curved as the old one, but still acceptable, in my view:

frontchestorangerender4.jpg

Here's the model in Pepakura, with an angle threshold of 165 degrees:

chestplatev2pepscreensh.jpg

And lastly, the separate, new and improved pouch:

pouchscreenshot1.jpg

And the pouch in Pep (with a standard, 175-degree threshold. Sorry):

pouchpepscreenshot.jpg

Hope this new one meets your expectations,

Shade

Wow! this stuff is amazing! :lol: i cant wait to start on some of this stuff, ill see if i can get some pieces put together and posted back on here tonight

Keep it up! looks First Class

P.S. Shade by first honors do you mean like first in your class?

Nightshade said:
Hey Malechei, thanks, and I don't mind at all
And FETT MAN, this is important: I never meant that to sound like I wash pushing you away from what you're doing. You don't by any means have to work on "other things," work on what you want. I just was wondering if sometime in the future I could have a try. Keep working on what you intended to work on. It's your work.

I meant i dont really want to do it. You didnt push me away im working on my special helmet i have to sand it and stuff and i wont be able to work on any models till later tonight

all i can say is if i met you I'd kiss ya lol :p

PS i was wondering if you might make these files 405th exclusive like the weta files.

Dude that chest is awsome!!

Can't wait to unfold it(if i'm on your team that is).

Keep it up my good chum!1

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Hey Nightshade, i'm drawing up a view for a game accurate ODST back torso.

If it looks good enough would you consider modeling it?

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Ok, guys, well, normally I'd be a little unconfortable releasing the editable .obj file, but since so many ppl want to unfold it, I'll just post the link here instead of PMing it. Sorry it took a while. My stupid Security Software kept blocking the upload, so I had to download the 4Shared Desktop, upload it, and then take the link off the website. It took a while.

[EDIT: The .obj file links have been deleted. Get the unfolded .pdo files on the first post]

Anyways, thanks so much for the stamp (lol). That's just what I was looking for.

PS - Syphon (whose avatar pic is sweet), first honors means that I earned straight A's on my highschool's report cards, which for a public school, would be a piece of cake, but I go to more of a college-preparatory kind of private highschool where we have lots of homework (weekdays and weekends), so that's actually a big accomplishment (this year, about 7 students out of around 55 juniors got first honors on most of the quarters ... I got them all 4). Did I add that the dress code includes ties? Yep, all five years (the first year is basicly middle school in one year. That's why I "skipped" middle school)

PS2 (XBox is better) - ACDCRockr, I'll do the backpack, drawing or no drawing. But if I use yours, a scanned sketch would be best, or a good picture of the sketch from a camera. I'm planning on doing that once I finish the other plates on the front, so please, take your time. You don't have to post it until the other plates are up for download. I have a few renders of the backpack here as well:

backpackandgrenadesrend.png

backpackrender.png

render4.png

I realize that it looks like there are two versions: The larger, more boxy one, and the smaller one with the antennae. Which one do you guys want me to do?

Relieved that the link is finally posted,

Shade

well the one with the antenna is the sniper pack or radio pack and the other is the standard theres only one ODST with the radio pack so I'm voting standard pack.

<~ is eagerly awaiting a pep version of teh sexi chest peice :mad:

grats on the straight A's! i just graduated high school(fun stuff :cautious: ) i graduated from a public school top of my class, and i thought you might be to

lol, glad ya like my avatar, its a pic of me before i left for my senior prom, and a standard trip to the mall in full armor, wish i had got a movie of that one (y)

i agree with rvb, the boxy one is more standard, prolly be better to do that one first

keep up the awesome work!

ACDCRockr, I'll do the backpack

I wasn't talking about the backpack, I was talking about the back plate.
ACDCRockr

Oh. Then sure, go for it.

About the backpack, I'll go with the bigger one. It looks a lot easier to pep, it's bigger (thus, bigger pieces and tabs), and ... most important for us modelers ... it's symmetrical. That makes it twice as easier to model. However, I guess, for the builders, that makes it twice as boring. Lol.

(A little off topic ...

Syphon, I wish my high school let me wear armor to prom. It's all tuxes at this outfit. ( :( ) Great to hear about your graduation. Next year is senior year for me (still 15, though), and I'm wondering, how different is the workload? I understand that, day-to-day, junior year is more demanding, but senior year has larger and more challenging projects and papers. What do you think? I don't know how hard your junior year was, but mine was a b****. Just wondering)

Ok, back to now, UNFOLDERS START YOUR ENGINES! You said "Put the link up." I did. Now it's your turn.

And hey, Leatherneck, I'm glad you're still sticking around to watch the project's progress!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eagerly awaiting a pep version of teh sexi chest peice,
Shade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back