Progressing From Wow That's Muffed Up, To Wow Not Bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rndits01

I completely screwed up my first master chief helmet for sure. I didn't put enough hardner in the bondo/glass for the front of the helmet,which i don't even use any more( only glass cloth and resin for me now). the second helmet actually made it to paint, with plenty of flaws but I was getting the hang of it (it's the red one). Three is fully glassed and four is coming along nicely , I'm happy. Yes I dig the mohawk I've put on top. I have also been using a vacuum when I do the dremel finish work on the glass and resin. It seems to bee working great for me.

That's a bummer about your first attempt but dont let that discourage you from Bondo method, there are a few tutorials on here that might just help you. Check the 405th consolidated notes blog there is a lot of great information in there that can help and when all else fails follow the instructions on the package and mix thoroughly. The other helms turned out very nice and look your improving already keep up the good work. (y)

I'm all about the bondo body filler, I just picked up the rasp type file for the rough shaping. The red helmet is bondo with body fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back