How Do I Make A Halo Pep Helmet Exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, ive been looking around the internet trying to find out what i need and how to use it to make a halo pep helmet. I know how to make the basic one out of cardstock paper but how do i harden it and how do i use the fiberglass and what type of fiberglass. Sorry if its alot to ask but i cant find out anywhere else.

Welcome Mitch, glad you came to us with your project.

We have some excellent resources that can pretty much teach you step by step how to print, cut, fold, glue, resin, trim and paint your own Halo helmet available here:

Pepakura and Cardboard armor stickies

Read through a few of these stickies topics as an introduction to this hobby. If theres a question that you have after reading the tutorials, try asking the member who wrote the tutorial or posting your question to the Q&A team here: The Official 405th Q&A Team

Thanks again for your interest, and welcome to the 405th!

Mitch35542 said:
Ok, ive been looking around the internet trying to find out what i need and how to use it to make a halo pep helmet. I know how to make the basic one out of cardstock paper but how do i harden it and how do i use the fiberglass and what type of fiberglass. Sorry if its alot to ask but i cant find out anywhere else.
I would recommend reading the stickies again, twice. Here's the reader's digest version. You coat the pepped helmet in polyester resin inside and out. This provides the stiffness needed for some of the steps to follow. Polyester resin is also known as "fiberglass resin" and is available at auto parts stores, hardware stores, and Wal Mart. You can either go with woven fiberglass or fiberglass mat. Woven fiberglass is pretty commonly available. what you're going to do is place the fiberglass inside the helmet and wet it out with resin. Once it cures, you can use bondo on the exterior to smooth out the pep. Be prepared to sand. A lot. For all steps involving resin or bondo you MUST wear a NIOSH approved respirator rated for organic vapors. The fumes are quite hazardous. Wear gloves at every step, the resins and hardeners used are not good to get on you. If you have any further questions, refer to the stickies, then you might try contacting a member of the Q&A team for assistance.

EDIT: Damn! Sean beat me to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good advice to you man:
Read all the stickies, even more thabn twice. All of them, you can't miss em.
This is not meant to be insulting, I just want you to spare yourself the 'read the stickies :mad: :mad: ' crap.
leanring by heart isn't bad either ;)

Quick tipp:

its not extremely necessary tostart on low the def MC first, but maybe on normal Definition ones, they can all be found in the halo wikia.
I didn't start on low def. My pep, resin and fibreglass looks like hell on that one.
I shoukd have started on normal or low.

Build awesome halo armour! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back