Modeling The Mark Iv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robby said:
Hey boys and girls! Didn't want to tell you guys til I was done but here's the Mark IV boot! Here's the images

boot2.jpg

boot.jpg

may i make a suggestion. the "buckle" part that comes over the top of the boot, i notices that u have several individual faces on flat, straight parts. try useing the divide option under 'edit mesh' it allows u to give one face several vertex points but with out splitting the face into multiple, smaller faces

if u already knew this and your way works better with pep i appologize. just trying to make it easyer. cant wait for more :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Very little of the mesh is actually flat, but in any case it's a moot point. When you use the hide edges feature it will hide anything that is almost flat. BUT I do need the edges to define the curves.

ahh ok. sorry just thought id throw it out there. regardless the model is very impressive and it will once again come in very handy

great job

Thanks so much Major Pain, I appreciate all the work you've done unfolding my models. I'll move it to the page. If anyone makes it please let me know so I can see how it turned out!

ok i posted in here a while ago that id finished peping the thigh but i guess the shut down deleted that so

the model is fantastic, buuuuut there are a couple areas that could use some looking at

1. at the very top, it looks as though the rest of the 'collar' is missing. you should see it when you look

2. in the calf bevel in the back there's some wierd geometry in there

3. the leg hole at the bottom is a little small compared to the top proportions(granted im not skinny)just a little bigger

other than that its really good, im all ready sanding the thing and it looks amazing with just a rough rondo sanding

MAJ Pain or Soul; can either one of you guys renew the link for the Mark IV thigh in the previous post?

Thanks. Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back