Soft Parts Accurate Odst Gloves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Bradley

Sr Member
Just finished these up late last night. No more needle and thread for a little while, my fingers need(le) a break!

I thought I might make a set of completely accurate ODST gloves.. lettsay in case I had a need for them. :rolleyes

I started by purchasing a set of black tactical fingerless gloves. Even the "fingerless" gloves that most places sell have something of a '1/2 finger' which is still more than the in-game gloves have. So first thing I trimmed down the fingers of the gloves and seamed them with a little super glue and unique stitch.

DSC03584.jpg

DSC03587.jpg

To create the pattern of the glove detail I decided to cast some rubber parts that would be sewn to the existing gloves. I made a pattern for the front and back of the gloves studying every available screenshot I could find. Spase sent me some layouts for the glove detail that were pretty useful for filling in the missing parts from the screenshots. I used this template to mock up a clay and styrene model of the glove detail.

DSC03589.jpg

DSC03603.jpg

DSC03608.jpg

DSC03611.jpg

Rather than making a rubber mold to then cast rubber into, I decided to try something a little different. I created a rigid urethane mold by pouring SmoothCast 300 over the glove model. The urethane mold will be more durable, and runs no risk of bonding to the rubber that is cast into it the way that a rubber mold would.

DSC03618.jpg

DSC03613.jpg

I used some Rebound 25 that I tinted to the correct color with SilcPig rubber dyes, and cast the glove pieces. (Note; it did take a few tries to get the coloration and thickness of the glove castings correct.)

DSC03614.jpg

DSC03616.jpg

DSC03633.jpg

I then hand sewed these rubber pieces to the tactical gloves. With a little acrylic paint rubbed into the recesses, they look pretty proper!

DSC03634.jpg

DSC03637.jpg

DSC03640.jpg

DSC03642.jpg

DSC03652.jpg

DareGloves.jpg

So whattdya think sirs? Is this acceptable?

Lemme know if there's interest.

-Sean

holy crap!! im sorry but those are just the coolest!!!!!!!!! can you mabe do a run of these?! You are sooo good!! why can't I be like all of you armor Gods!!! lol

Oh, Wow! Those look Incredible.

Seriously Sean, You really nailed it with these.

and that process.... Its pieces like these that really, inspire me to figure out new ways to go about certain pieces.

Once again, Great work.

-Techbot

I agree, those are fantastic! Its more then acceptable, i would call it Elite.

Same as dark, let me know when you are doing a run of these. I would love to own a pair.

wow, these gloves are the only gloves that you will see that are close to the ODST gloves. the only little detail i can see is that i think the rubber part covers the pinky knuckle a little bit too much, but thats the only thing i see. other than that, outstanding!

Heck yes these are amazing!! If you do a run on these I'll be up on the list for sure! Please, please consider doing a run. Keep up the stunning work!

Thanks everyone!

I'll put up a classified ad in a few hours for a limited run, just need to crunch some numbers. I should have some better pics tonight too, those were just what I could muster late last night.

More to come...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back