It Looks Like The Ebay Seller Recasted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we compare your story to Rube's, it would mean

You sculpted an iphone replica and laptop replica.

Hundreds of hours of work involved.

It was stolen from you and now, someone is selling your work, and that's 2 bannable offense from the 405th

-Unauthorized Recasting

-Self Crediting Another's Work

This will be my last post regarding this matter, because I don't want a flame war.

Stig, you must understand that Rube doesn't get anything from his hobby. NOTHING. Nada, zit, nilch, not a dime. He does not break any laws, because he doesn't make profit out of it.

The Recaster might or might not get a profit out of his recasting. We do not know that. But what we must make sure is that there is a moral conflict going on here that is far greater than money. Someone stole Rubes work. Puts his own name on it, not Rubes name. THIS IS THEFT. I don't frakking care if Rube doesn't have Copyright. Rube made that helmet, not the recaster.

Stig, you bought your laptop. You didn't make it. That's why you don't care. But Rube does care about his creations. Yes, you are comparing apples to oranges.

I'm just gonna stop here.

Personally I agree with myself. I think (Even with laws) That all of this commotion over a piece of plastic is ridiculous.

I do see your point and its not that I disagree. It's jusy my own opinion that I'll keep to myself.

I respect yours and agree but I'm sticking to mine.

/Flamewar

This needs to stop. Now.

Keep opinions to yourself, the purpose of this thread was to inform, and you're taking away from that with your opinions.

darkesword2020 said:
This needs to stop. Now.

Keep opinions to yourself, the purpose of this thread was to inform, and you're taking away from that with your opinions.

Sorry did you even read my post?

Rather than -Repping it and then replying to it telling me to stop.

Double read it.

It clearly stated I'm not here for a rage war. And that It's my opinion.

And I've already settled this matter with them.

If you're going to try and push me a certain direction make sure it's the right one.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Stig said:
I'm just gonna stop here.

Personally I agree with myself. I think (Even with laws) That all of this commotion over a piece of plastic is ridiculous.

I do see your point and its not that I disagree. It's jusy my own opinion that I'll keep to myself.

I respect yours and agree but I'm sticking to mine.

/Flamewar

*shakes hand*

The Stig said:
Sorry did you even read my post?

Rather than -Repping it and then replying to it telling me to stop.

Double read it.

It clearly stated I'm not here for a rage war. And that It's my opinion.

And I've already settled this matter with them.

If you're going to try and push me a certain direction make sure it's the right one.

Stig, this wasn't just yourself, but the whole group; yes I read your post, and I'm certainly not singling you out, but this discussion needs to end. The purpose of the thread was to inform, yes opinions were made, I just don't like the turn this thread has taken and it needs to end.

That's all.

Welcome to the world of recasting, fellas. You'll find as more moulded armor pieces are put out by craftsman here or elsewhere, there will be some thief out there ready to recast it. The most anyone can do in dealing with them is to completly ruin their reputation directly, but otherwise, you can't really do something about it unless you pull up to their front door and beat the snot out of them.

I know it sucks and I am afraid of recasters myself. I'll soon be putting out a one of a kind helmet in the near future but I am very hesitant to sell casts after the fact.

Legally, no one here has any standing. Rules still apply if your familiar with star wars costuming.

-TC

Adam said:
Maybe I'm missing it, but I still don't see the proof of recasting.

same here it i thought the guy on youtube that was posted a few replies back made that helmet like forever ago.If it is its just a cast of his helm.

Aight you know what,get some logic,everyone knows that FLAMEWARS start easily on 405th,if you wanted to inform,go PM rube instead.Everyone argues about bandwidth usage and here is why we have 509 errors.People wanting to attract peoples attention shouting" OMFG someone recasted rubes helm OMFG"(no offence,just an example).Seriously,INFORM MORE THOUGHTFULLY,DON'T start recaster threads.

Closed... members being rude to members about practices that are looked down upon by this forum. Time to grow up folks....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back