It Looks Like The Ebay Seller Recasted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
rube said:
Recast or no he didn't pay for the helmet.

And that's the point I was trying to make, isn't it possible based on the previous Ebay sale he made of Rube's helmet that he didn't pay for, that the helmet we now see, is a cast based off of that helmet Rube sent him?

:/

And, I think it's more likely that he would've molded and recast that initial helmet he was sent, than sell the first one, strip the paint off of it and sell it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I apologize for the double post, but figured if we're going to be on the same page, I might as well show you what made me start this topic in the first place.

Rube, I took the liberty of copying this over from the other thread, hope you don't mind.

The thread I copied the below posts from: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19897&st=0&p=316772&#entry316772

rube said:
On a related matter...

While checking Ebay I found this auction.

ODST Helmet Ebay

I was stupid and sent this guy a helmet on his word that payment was on the way. The check never arrived and he ignored emails and PMs. Looks like he's just selling the original I sent him.

rube said:
Thanks Blood. I honestly think this would have to go to small claims court since it is not technically stolen and that's more work than it's worth. I just wanted people to know where and how this fine, fine specimen of humanity came by that helmet.

Rube, did you send the helmet though Ebay, or just by PM/email?

He has a 100% positive rating on his Ebay account.

Hey Rube, I sent the guy a message saying I was "interested" in the helmet, especially if it was a recast of yours. Here's the response I got back:

Dear l*****

It is definitly not a recast, i saw his model on the 405th and i replicated it with clay the best i could. I did purchase a helmet from him and it is almost exactly identical. You can see from the pictures. thanks for your intrest

I'm getting a weird vibe off this response... :/ Anyone else?

Again, a double post. I apologize

Sent a question, got a reply:

My question, how many helmets do you have?

"I have multiple casts and helmets."

darkesword2020 said:
Again, a double post. I apologize

Sent a question, got a reply:

My question, how many helmets do you have?

"I have multiple casts and helmets."

I don't really want to jump the gun on anything and start a flam attack on this guy, but it seems that if he really did make a clay replica of Rube's, he would be on here bragging about it, or something like that. It seems like he's hiding on Ebay, which in turn makes me a little suspicious...

recasters suck

sorry this has happened to you man :(

helmet to rube wasnt paid for - and he has admitted to receiving it

also seems to me, if someone who has got rubes helmet - would then take all the time to replicate it with clay, would make it EXACTLY like rubes.

is it the original or not - guess that is the question.

HOLY f***ING $#!TBALLS A RECASTER, WHAT A f***ING OUTRAGE. LET'S ALL GO APE$#!T OVER A PIECE OF f***ING PLASTIC RITE?

No, Let's not. Christ I know I'm going to get frowned upon by even the staff for this but jesus I gotta get this off my chest.

When you made casts and decided to sell them you MUST have been prepared for this to happen. The chances of it not happening are ridiculous.

If you're THAT f***ING BOTHERED of someone copying a piece of plastic and reselling, Then you shouldn't be selling casts at all.

If it's going to bother you and you're gonna all sit there and cry and rage 24 f***ing 7 over a piece of plastic then don't sell it in the first place.

I know it's wrong, It's a bad thing to do but get over it? Instead of trying to sue them, Which you can't because you're talking about a piece of plastic in a certain shape.

If I was going to go sit in a corner on the 405th crying about how "Oh god, Help me please, Someone actually BOUGHT something off me, and made a plastic copy and SOLD IT. THEY SOLD IT!!! AARRGH WHAARAGHGAARBBLLHL" Then I wouldn't sell casts. Only to people I trust. Sorry but you're all being pathetic. Even the staff that are doing this too.

This is not focused on anybody (Including Rube though I'm pretty sure the recast was his helmet? I'm not sure though at least he's not raging like the rest of you.)

Get over it. It's not like they STOLE the helmet. They bought a helmet off of you, You got the money, WHAT THEY DO WITH THAT HELMET IS UP TO THEM. They payed for it they do whatever they damn well want to do with it.

I'm finishing here, It's an opinion, I know I raged and went over the top but jesus christ look in the mirror. You're arguing and accusing someone over a piece of plain white plastic? It's pathetic. Get over it. He Recasted, And If I were him and you were all crying and raging at me because I Recasted I'd just recast over and over just to piss you off even more.

Get over it.

/Thread.

EDIT: It appears someone didn't pay for Rubes helmet? Well who's fault is that, If Rube made a payment mistake and shipped the helmet before he even payed then tough, It's his own fault. Hell if someone who I didn't know shipped something to me and I didn't pay for it I sure as hell wouldn't pay... The worlds never a perfect place. Get over it.

The Stig said:
HOLY f***ING $#!TBALLS A RECASTER, WHAT A f***ING OUTRAGE. LET'S ALL GO APE$#!T OVER A PIECE OF f***ING PLASTIC RITE?

No, Let's not. Christ I know I'm going to get frowned upon by even the staff for this but jesus I gotta get this off my chest.

When you made casts and decided to sell them you MUST have been prepared for this to happen. The chances of it not happening are ridiculous.

If you're THAT f***ING BOTHERED of someone copying a piece of plastic and reselling, Then you shouldn't be selling casts at all.

If it's going to bother you and you're gonna all sit there and cry and rage 24 f***ing 7 over a piece of plastic then don't sell it in the first place.

I know it's wrong, It's a bad thing to do but get over it? Instead of trying to sue them, Which you can't because you're talking about a piece of plastic in a certain shape.

If I was going to go sit in a corner on the 405th crying about how "Oh god, Help me please, Someone actually BOUGHT something off me, and made a plastic copy and SOLD IT. THEY SOLD IT!!! AARRGH WHAARAGHGAARBBLLHL" Then I wouldn't sell casts. Only to people I trust. Sorry but you're all being pathetic. Even the staff that are doing this too.

This is not focused on anybody (Including Rube though I'm pretty sure the recast was his helmet? I'm not sure though at least he's not raging like the rest of you.)

Get over it. It's not like they STOLE the helmet. They bought a helmet off of you, You got the money, WHAT THEY DO WITH THAT HELMET IS UP TO THEM. They payed for it they do whatever they damn well want to do with it.

I'm finishing here, It's an opinion, I know I raged and went over the top but jesus christ look in the mirror. You're arguing and accusing someone over a piece of plain white plastic? It's pathetic. Get over it. He Recasted, And If I were him and you were all crying and raging at me because I Recasted I'd just recast over and over just to piss you off even more.

Get over it.

/Thread.

EDIT: It appears someone didn't pay for Rubes helmet? Well who's fault is that, If Rube made a payment mistake and shipped the helmet before he even payed then tough, It's his own fault. Hell if someone who I didn't know shipped something to me and I didn't pay for it I sure as hell wouldn't pay... The worlds never a perfect place. Get over it.

This made me LOL so hard,i think i peed myself(nopee i didnt).

But you are true,they recast,they recast.Nothing you can do about it,you dont have copyrights on it do you,if not,sorry my firend but the right is whoever is passed onto.I agree with STIG and just get over it.

Rube has spent 100's, if not 1000's of dollars on materials and 100's of hours to make the helmet, and in order to get back that money he has to sell casts. And he has to be the only one to sell that helmet to get his money back.

Now, the recaster doesn't spend a lot of time or money to make a new mold and cast copies, but he sells them for profit. That is illegal. Now Rube will have a hard time earning back his money when there are others selling his work. Stig, unless you have been there and this kind of things have happened to you, you will never know how sad it is.

You guys are saying this because you've never done something that's worth recasting.

When you spent hundreds of hours on the same thing, and spending hundreds on it, you don't want someone making money off your back.

Just on my original helmet, I did maybe 50 hours and invested 250-300$ on it.

To my eyes it looks like crap and I never molded it for that reason.

But if someone would recast it, I'd still be pissed, and I'd still bring him down to the small claims court.

Edit : Well said Silent :)

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Stig, unless you have been there and this kind of things have happened to you, you will never know how sad it is.

I've been through this. Not exactly Halo props but I have been through this. If not worse.

But one thing I learnt is that crying and raging about it wont solve anything. The quicker you get over it the better.

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
That is illegal.

No It's not. Sorry to burst your bubble but there is no law on this. If there is it certainly doesn't apply here in the UK and many other countries. Meaning that it's hardly a law if all we have to do is be from a different country to get away from it.

And ignoring the problem will just make it worse.

If you don't mind recasting, it means it's right.

So now, you'll see recasts everywhere, even BlueRealm's or LegendaryArmor's would be worth less.

It would kill the hobby as no sculptor would even attempt to mold and sell its creations.

And The Stig, there is a law.

It's called the Copyright.

And Microsoft owns it.

There's always a way to bring down recaster, but the tricky part is doing it without splashing innocents.

And if Rube's creation is 10-15% different that the original, it's no more considered as a Halo helmet, but a Rube science-fiction inspired helmet and he has full copyrights on it.

It IS illegal if the recaster makes profit off the casts that he makes. Rube only sells his helmets to buy more materials, and he does not get any profit from it. That makes it a hobby. Not illegal. What the recaster does if he sells for profit is a business, which is illegal.

Oh Believe me I'm aware of the Law. But The Law would mean that all rights belong to microsoft, And if we make profits from their models WE are breaking the law. Fortunately that's not the case.

Recently I had a £500 laptop and iPhone stolen on a trip. All because of my friends who were too lazy to guard the tent when they said they would.

The guy was long gone.

Sitting the crying and raging about how the guy who stole it is a dickwipe won't help anyone besides make me angrier. I got over it and now I couldn't care less. It's money, Money's nothing in this world. If the creators want to make the money back from the money they spent on creating the original. They clearly have problems affording to make it. Meaning the hobby is not for them.

LastSpartan said:
You are comparing oranges with apples.

It's completely different.

But both originate from trees.

May be different but it's the same concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back