This Stinks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaymin Sky

hey, I just recently finished resining and fiberglassing a MKVI helmet. It's been around 3-5 days and the inside still smells like resin. does this mean the toxic organic vapors are still present? is there a good way to get rid of the vapors and smell? Pardon my curiosity, just trying to play it safe. Thanks!

Should be safe... The dangers of resin fumes are over exaggerated.The smell is probably just clung to the walls. Can i ask what room is it? A wooden shed? Bedroom?

The Stig said:
Should be safe... The dangers of resin fumes are over exaggerated.The smell is probably just clung to the walls. Can i ask what room is it? A wooden shed? Bedroom?

I'm talking about the inside of the helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah it will stink as long as its dry its ok.What i do is take some spray paint and just put one coat of that on the inside and it stops the stink

i am haji said:
just leave it out in the sun for a day, the smell eventually will go away

Yeah the easiest thing to do it put it outside for a day or so.

Oh my bad. I thought you meant the work-space.

My plan at this stage would be get some black cloth or anything to cover the fibreglass and most probably hot-glue or staple it to the inside covering up all of the fibreglass. If its sealed away properly chances are you wont be able to smell it.

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
Sprinkling some baby powder around in the inside of the helmet works pretty well also.

That would work or you could try Baking Soda as it would absorb the smell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back