Props Nerf Gun As Odst Smg

Status
Not open for further replies.

scandomfo

I just saw a commercial for nerf, and they are coming out with a new gun on 9-9-09 for their N-Strike lineup. I thought it was a thing for H3 ODST since at a quick glance, I thought it was the smg for it. Just picture it being laid flat on it's side and without that ammo roll thing. It really looks like an smg. It could make a cheap alternative for making a SMG prop, just paint it black and silver.

Well here are some pics and I wanna see some of your guy's input on this.

_AUTOIMAGES_HNR92355lg.jpg

nerf-n-strike-raider-cs3.jpg

Would take some cutting and being creative but is doable. Most of the works done for you, all you need to do is remove that crappy nerf mag. And make a real mag slot. Great find good sir.

Looks pretty kewl. I'd agree with baddog on cutting it down a bit in the front to make it more representative of the in-game model. That, and removing that side-loading clip, replacing it with a scratch-built one like on the SMG.

After that you'd just have to build up/fill in the stock a bit, add a few more surface details, and you'd have a decent-looking weapon there :cool

wow, that is probably the scariest looking nerf guns I've ever seen, and I've seen what the 405th finds at toys'r'us and mods, scary products!

actually, someone already made a nerf/ halo 3 smg mod. here he used the nerf recon model, but I'm sure that would work as well too. Good luck!

sorry but to correct ya, it's a hopper, not a drum lol, when the funds are available one of those babys will be mine mwahahaha !!

-Mike

thats an mp7, in a real one the clip goes in the handle.

@ guardian, no thats a drum magizine, out of the gun its a longshot clip attached to a cylinder.

@ mc hammer time, simple, the fore handle is a pump that cycles the round. a few slight modifications and cosmetics could turn it into the halo shot gun.

@uardian, no thats a drum magizine, out of the gun its a longshot clip attached to a cylinder.

From the looks of things I could use that massive clip in my Recon (nerf gun)

More on topic, go for it, sounds like it would work

gingersnapples said:
thats an mp7, in a real one the clip goes in the handle.

@ guardian, no thats a drum magizine, out of the gun its a longshot clip attached to a cylinder.

@ mc hammer time, simple, the fore handle is a pump that cycles the round. a few slight modifications and cosmetics could turn it into the halo shot gun.

Im sorry, I just can't resist.

Z-ClipvsMag.jpg

Anyhow, I also don't think that would work too well for a SMG. Possibly a shotgun (I don't really think it would look that great) might work, but not really a SMG.

Good find though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back