Fenrir Keyblade Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianBaku

Jr Member
I'm putting a slow down on my Halo Armor because I recently retired my Kingdom Key for my Sora Wisdom Form cosplay. But I've taken the initiative to create a new and better keyblade than ever. And it's gonna ROCK! Literally.

I'm making the Fenrir Keyblade from Kingdom Hearts II.

Fenrir.png

And I'm taking it a step further with the addition of making it a Rock Band Guitar Controller for the X-Box 360.

To start I have gutted an entire wired 360 RB Guitar Controller and kept the pieces I need and will insert into the keyblade.

[attachment=11694:fenrirwip01.jpg]

My plan is to build it in layers starting with the middle of the keyblade shown below. I will then work my way outward with greater detail.

[attachment=11695:fenrirwip02.jpg][attachment=11696:fenrirwip03.jpg]​

wow, thats freaking awesome. I cant wait to see this done, i have a freind who would love to steal it from you. You should think about an ultima weapon.

Jesmikz908 said:
I could've sworn Fenrir was also in KH1. Is it?

Nope the Final Fantasy Keyblade from KHI was Metal Chocobo. You received it from Cloud after defeating him and then the events of the Coliseum. KHII brought about one more FF Keyblade, The Sleeping Lion. You get this from Leon during the final mission for the Tron World. Also there is the Gull Wing from the Yuna, Riku and Payne Pixies, and Auron gives you the Guardian Soul as well after the Coliseum Story Events are done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can really help you out with this one Guardian Baku. I BUILD my own RockBand controller mods. Check out my site at www.overclockedanimation.com and see what I did with the drums. But why not consider making it wireless? Especially when your giving yourself this upgrade. Or if you are concerned about battery life, why not attach a bigger battery compartment to make it last longer periods of time. Just raid your nearest Radioshack and you won't have that problem. Either way props to your props and don't be afraid to PM me for questions.

Tool said:
I can really help you out with this one Guardian Baku. I BUILD my own RockBand controller mods. Check out my site at www.overclockedanimation.com and see what I did with the drums. But why not consider making it wireless? Especially when your giving yourself this upgrade. Or if you are concerned about battery life, why not attach a bigger battery compartment to make it last longer periods of time. Just raid your nearest Radioshack and you won't have that problem. Either way props to your props and don't be afraid to PM me for questions.

I'm not afraid of going wireless with it at all. I'm kind of just going with what I have available. My main Rock Band system is the PS3. I got the 360 controller so I could play more easily at my friends house. Now I just want to change into something cool. As for the wire I'm not gonna leave it hanging from the keyblade. I'm gonna grab a set of USB 2.0 plugs and make it so I can unplug it from the keyblade when not used as a guitar.

Make sure you take it down to the local Wal-mart so they can grind out a copy for you in case you lose the original at the beach or something.

seriously, nice work! I can't wait to see the finished product.

dungbeetle said:
Make sure you take it down to the local Wal-mart so they can grind out a copy for you in case you lose the original at the beach or something.

seriously, nice work! I can't wait to see the finished product.

They didn't have a Key Box in that size. LOL!

Anyways, I made some progress if any. Life is jumping around me with hot pokers and making it difficult to get work on this stuff done. But I progress!

Made layout traces of the components for where they are gonna go. It's approximate as I can see some issues with the durability but I have more layers of wood on the cutting board that will strengthen the resolve.

gallery_12825_1486_170437.jpg

Had to make a modification to the strum bar assembly to make it more of one piece. I'm gonna grind off the excess to the white bar will face down into the hilt.

gallery_12825_1486_128262.jpg
gallery_12825_1486_193486.jpg

There is a 1/2" bow in the blade and I need to get it out. I've had a water soaking method thrown at me and I'm thinking a layer or two of resin would help hold the wood straight. Any comments or suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back