Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Sep 7, 2009, 3:53 PM - #1

Hello everybody! When I first came to this site, I was using a school issued MacBook computer. As many of you know, using a mac generally means that you have to use bootcamp or some other emulator to run Pepakura. For many mac users, this is not a readily available option, so that's why I created this topic. It is possible for 2d pepakura development to be exported onto a .pdf format. I am happy to help those few mac users get their pep files converted to .pdf, so they can print the files off. My idea for this topic was that people could post requests into this topic, and a couple people could help them out.

If anyone would like to help out, please post in this form stating you would. Also requests should be made in this forum.

The tools needed:

CutePDF

(available at) www.cutepdf.com

Ghostwriter

(available at) http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

As I am not too great at scaling armor, I would very much appreciate it if somebody could help out.

Thanks and Cheers!

(Sniperbaas)
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. 405th Southwest Regiment Member drgon47's Avatar
    Sep 7, 2009, 6:18 PM - #2

Sep 7, 2009, 7:13 PM - #3

My method was for those who are unable to run an emulator. Thank you regardless. It would be nice if you posted the link to your emulator, so people could use it instead of making some of us work. Thanks any way drgon47

Cheers!
  5. 405th Southwest Regiment Member drgon47's Avatar
    Sep 7, 2009, 8:56 PM - #4

Its just WINE. http://davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/ and then I installed Pep V.3
  6. New Recruit
    Sep 19, 2009, 8:19 PM - #5

I have a macbook pro, and would very much appreciate it if you would make me some pdf's for me to use

If you would let me know and I'll find the .pdo's that I want. Thank you!
  7. New Recruit
    Sep 19, 2009, 11:06 PM - #6

Im in the same situation. I have a mac book pro and will search for the files. Ill post them in a few days and all the help i get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Sep 20, 2009, 1:32 PM - #7

Sniper scaled and converted some files for me, So far they all fit perfectly.

I am very grateful for this.

As for wine, I myself have tried running peprakura using DARWINE and it did not work. I will try the wine method however to see if it is indeed different.
    Sep 20, 2009, 6:36 PM - #8

[quote name='Lord Devious' date='20 September 2009 - 11:32 AM' timestamp='1253471535' post='339271']

Sniper scaled and converted some files for me, So far they all fit perfectly.

I am very grateful for this.

As for wine, I myself have tried running peprakura using DARWINE and it did not work. I will try the wine method however to see if it is indeed different.

[/quote]

Darwine is based on windows 95. Pepakura V.3 is at least 98. I found darwine useless too.
  10. New Recruit
    Oct 13, 2009, 4:28 PM - #9

Hey Everyone I Have The Download For You Guys Sorry It Took So Long But Here They Are. (These Are Printable)

http://www.4shared.com/file/31589310...MA5C_PDFs.html
    Oct 13, 2009, 6:40 PM - #10

Hey vinny thanks for the files! I'll check them out once I get my cpu back up and running.

Cheers!
  12. New Recruit
    Oct 15, 2009, 5:52 PM - #11

sweet, thx i did not want to have to use vista and have it crash all the time
  13. New Recruit
    Feb 20, 2010, 12:20 PM - #12

So, I'm new to the whole armor making hobby, and I've been using a Mac for as long as i can remember, so finding this thread is incredibly helpful. Of course I am a skeptic that is too good to be true, and that's why I must ask, When you print the .PDFs, do they still have the face color? Or, when I print them, will they come out white with the black lines? Basically it's the matter of colored ink.
    Feb 22, 2010, 7:33 AM - #13

[quote name='arloman' date='20 February 2010 - 11:20 AM' timestamp='1266690016' post='396865']

So, I'm new to the whole armor making hobby, and I've been using a Mac for as long as i can remember, so finding this thread is incredibly helpful. Of course I am a skeptic that is too good to be true, and that's why I must ask, When you print the .PDFs, do they still have the face color? Or, when I print them, will they come out white with the black lines? Basically it's the matter of colored ink.

[/quote]

First, this is a bit of a necro, but I think the mods will let it slide. (For future ref, PM the thread starter.) In answer to your question, if the model uses the faces for color then the printed sheets have color. Personally, I never print any peps with color, as I'll be resining them and later painting them. If you'd like me to convert anything, send me a PM with your height, the models that you want converted, and an email I can send these to.

Cheers!

(Or talk to XTREMETactics101, for the scaled models, (he may do it for you) then send me the scaled ones, and I'll send you back the .pdf files)
    Nov 28, 2010, 9:16 AM - #14

this is a grate thread!!!

I'm a mac user and this would be so helpful
  16. New Recruit
    Dec 30, 2010, 7:45 PM - Pepakura Alternative running natively on Mac OSX #15

Originally Posted by gamma View Post
    this is a grate thread!!!

I'm a mac user and this would be so helpful
    There's an alternative: Dunreeb Cutout. It can do the same as Pepakura and runs natively on mac.

http://www.dunreeb.com

There's even a free demo version.

Have fun :-)
    Jun 30, 2011, 11:49 AM - Pep for Mac.....? #16

Man I am such an idiot. I have read what you guys are talking about, I also use a Mac but i must confess I am totally lost
    I started making RoboGen's armour ages ago but it got trashed over two house moves so I binned it.
    I want to start again and thought I could get some practice in by doing the Green Power Ranger helmet for my girlfriend's son.

Is there a super easy way to make Pepakura work on my Macbook Pro? I am a tech retard so please use really simple terms for me :S lol
    Thanks guys, I will appreciate any help you can give me.

Regards.

Matt.
    Jun 30, 2011, 4:09 PM - #17

Originally Posted by mattyp View Post
    Is there a super easy way to make Pepakura work on my Macbook Pro?
    No. Not super easy anyway.
    Jun 30, 2011, 4:22 PM - #18

How about moderately easy?
    Jun 30, 2011, 4:46 PM - #19

Originally Posted by mattyp View Post
    How about moderately easy?
    Pepakura Designer only runs on Windows, so you'll have to somehow run that (and own a license for it!). This might help: http://www.applematters.com/article/...s-on-your-mac/
    Jul 18, 2011, 2:28 AM - #20

Greetings Earthling! Sorry to bother you, but I'm rather new to the 405th.

I am completely in the dark and have no idea about what to do, or expect. Like sizing armor in Pepakura viewer...or how to use it at all haha

NCR Ranger combat armor

http://www.4shared.com/file/ZwEE_NR5...n_Ranger_.html

could you convert me the files for me?
  22. New Recruit
    Jul 19, 2011, 10:50 AM - #21

Jul 22, 2011, 9:22 PM - #22

pretty please?
    Last edited by drpepperman; Jul 22, 2011 at 9:42 PM.
    Jul 23, 2011, 12:05 AM - #23

Sorry guys, haven't been around this thread in a while (haven't been on the 405th for a while.) I just need to know your height to scale what you guys want. Otherwise, I'll just have to keep the current scale which may not fit. If you know what size you want your pieces in advance, that would help me as I don't have to do the calculations.

Drpepperman, here's the fallout helm. There are several blank pages in the center of this. I don't have time to readjust it. It's scaled at 290mm tall.
    http://www.4shared.com/document/L0xv...n_Ranger_.html

cupcake, I'm not sure what size you want all your gear, but here's the helmet scaled at the default 265mm. I'll try to get the rest to you tomorrow, but if I don't get your height, none of this will likely fit.
    http://www.4shared.com/document/z3Ag...nal_FS_ve.html

Just so you two know, these are fairly complex pieces. Good luck.
    Jul 23, 2011, 12:38 AM - #24

You dont know how happy you've made me!

I could give you a virtual man hug, but that would be creepy, so a proper thank you should suffice!

Thank you!
  26. New Recruit
    Jul 23, 2011, 8:33 PM - #25

Hi there Sniperbaas...Thank-you so much for that, but it says that the file link is not valid for the link to my helmet. I am 5ft 3in, I hope that helps to scale. Just let me know if I can supply you with any other information.