Dragon*con 2010 Parade Planning & Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

23Magnum

Planning:

Goosebot5000 has agreed to head up parade registration and organization. Keep an eye on this thread for more information and details as time goes by.

If you plan on marching in the parade and you already know you'll be there, go ahead and post in this thread the following information:

-Props(Weapon/s) you are bringing, if any (Shotty, BR, AR, SR, Pistol, etc.)

-Halo Costume Type (ODST, Marine, MKIV, MKV, MKVI, etc)

Information you'll need to PM/Email Goosebot5000:

-Contact Name (Real or Nickname)

-Email

-Contact Number (preferablly a cell you'll be carrying at Dragon*Con

no worries, duderino. ill be there hanging out with you guys anyway, right? i guess we should update some of the previous posts info. all the contact info will now be piped to ME INSTEAD OF DREADS. also, you dont need a suit to march. we had a couple of guys last year that came with some badass UNSC hats and some 405th shirts and they were just as awesome as everyone else.

for the confirmation list, for now im just going to add the people that have suits and have replied. kaya and charlie, and anyone else i might have skipped that replied also, ill need you to REconfirm that you will be MARCHING. suit or not. as soon as i see your replies or messages ill get you guys on there asap.

CONFIRMED MARCHERS

1. 23Magnum
  2. Goosebot 5000
  3. ERINocalypse
  4. Techbot
  5. GarzakAzur
  6. Zonbi
  7. {Cortana
  8. Sgt. Reynolds
  9. Kaya Tetsu
  10. Charlieiscool12
  11. Nintendude
  12. Momoss
  13. Sniper
  14. YodaJammies
  15. Desolate
  16. Natalie
  17. Dreads
  18. Dreads +1
  19. Dreads +2
  20. Sean Bradley
  21. Soul-Drinker
  22. Angelus3013
  23. Bleedoff
  24. DogWizard
  25. Brandon McClain
  26. CelticDragon38
  27. ka5p3r
  28. ka5p3r +1
  29. Ithica
  30. lovebug

FINAL PLANS

Meeting Time: We start gathering at 8:30 AM. Depart from the Mariott at 9:00.

Meeting Place: At the Mariott hotel. Just inside their driveway area.

Badges: I pick up everyones badges at once, they will be distributed before we depart the Mariott.

If you miss the meet up at the Mariott, you will have to make your way to Woodruff Park (intersection of Peachtree Street and Auburn Avenue in downtown Atlanta). its the starting point for the parade. it should be easy to spot us, but if not there are tons of staff members floating around that can point you in the right way.

We will gather again at the same location in the Mariott after the parade is finishing. it will be easy since the parade ends outside the mariott. We can get some good group shots, and will probably be swarmed by the crowd, so get your poses ready.

-Props(Weapon/s): Pistol but I'm feeling more ambitious I'll finish a Brute shot.

-Halo Costume Type: MKVI

Progress: I have all the pieces resined/fiber glassed except my chest piece, helmet, and boots, and pistol.

Pics can be found in this gallery

-Halo Costume Type: ODST

-Halo Props: N/A (I'm going to concentrate on the suit first)

Progress: All pieces have been resined and glassed or mud glassed. Started on boondo for the helmet. Got a lot of work to do,but I've got 3 months of freedom to do it. I'll be starting back up on it soon (hopefully monday) and updating my progress thread, which is in dire need of more pictures.

Progress Thread: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18798&st=0#entry300325

Looking for somebody responsible and willing to put in the time to put this together if at all possible. Not sure how many are interested in still doing this again, but I believe we're suppose to have 30 people to participate if I remember correctly from the last two years.

Well Magnum23 I was my High School Band Planner on setting up how and what places the marchers would be in if that helps I won't be marching with the 405th this year though, this year it's with the SCF next year it's with you guys.

We kind of need someone that will be at the parade to march with the 405th people. We don't really need to be in any semblance of order. We're not that serious about it. You walk along, pose, wave, and keep walking basically.

We just need someone that will contact the event planner, keep in contact with all participants, ensure they meet at the right time and place, get the ribbons, and hand them out to people at the parade. That's all we're really looking for. Dreads did it last year, but I haven't heard back from him in a while and time is running short.

I will say that if we don't get at least 30 people signed up here to march, IN completed costumes, that we probably won't be allowed to do this. If you want, you could help point people to this thread to sign up if they're going to D*Con and have a suit.

Halo costume: custom halo 3 ODST

Halo props: Brute spiker from smick

Progress: Finish, but I will do some update and smoothing on it.

Pat

Halo costume: noble six armor

Halo props: No time for any

Progress: Thighs and handplates done. I'm doing a part a day. It will be done in a couple weeks

Charlie

I WILL be done before the parade. Please sign me up!

Goose, head on over to the D*Con site and look up the details for applying for the parade. I know some basic stuff, but I don't have all the details. As far as what you would need to do with/for any 405th people attending, you'll need to gather contact information to stay in touch with everyone participating both before and during the convention prior to the parade. Also, you'll need to organize a meeting place at the convention and a time for when they meet. We tried last year to have everyone meet in one of the hotel lobbies before walking down to the parade. That makes it a bit easier to do instead of trying to track people down at the parade lineup location. I would suggest having a place and time picked out before leaving for the convention posted here. It's much harder to contact people once you're there regardless of if you have phone numbers or not.

First thing to do however is get a running tally of people who WILL HAVE finished suits for the parade. We need a certain number to participate otherwise they'll turn us away at the parade line this year. We barely made it number-wise the past two years.

AFTER you have definite number of people locked in then submit the application for the parade ribbons and such at the D*Con site. If we don't get the required number, we will not march. It will just have to wait until next year.

If we make it that far, then at the convention you'll need to pick up the parade ribbons and hand them out whenever we meet up to march.

It's really rather simple to do beyond the keeping in contact with everyone. The really hard part will be gathering the needed number of people to do this. You might want to check with the parade people Goose to see what number of people we will need for sure.

General Note for this thread: We don't need your costume progress posted. We just need to know that you WILL/DO have a costume finished to march in on Saturday morning of the convention.

With that out of the way...

Halo Costume: I didn't have the time to finish two Halo outfits, but I will have my Mickey-style ODST with me. :D

Halo Props: None at this time.

ok. nothing crazy at all. well with that, i can definitely head this up if youd like. and with the number requirement, we have to have a certain number to have our own separate group. if we dont meet the number then we will just be filed in with the miscellaneous costumes. but we definitely dont want that!

no worries, duderino. ill be there hanging out with you guys anyway, right? i guess we should update some of the previous posts info. all the contact info will now be piped to ME INSTEAD OF DREADS. also, you dont need a suit to march. we had a couple of guys last year that came with some badass UNSC hats and some 405th shirts and they were just as awesome as everyone else.

for the confirmation list, for now im just going to add the people that have suits and have replied. kaya and charlie, and anyone else i might have skipped that replied also, ill need you to REconfirm that you will be MARCHING. suit or not. as soon as i see your replies or messages ill get you guys on there asap.

CONFIRMED MARCHERS

23Magnum
Goosebot 5000
ERINocalypse
Techbot
DystortedINC
GarzakAzur
Zonbi

magnum, if you want to move this list to the first post then i can either edit this off or do whatever with it.

Yo, Goosebot, myself and my fiance Sgt. Reynolds will be marching as well. We are shooting to have our Buck and Dare ODST armor done in time, but as a back up, we will have the ODST trainee outfits as well. :) Armor or not, we will march!

Yo, Goosebot, myself and my fiance Sgt. Reynolds will be marching as well. We are shooting to have our Buck and Dare ODST armor done in time, but as a back up, we will have the ODST trainee outfits as well. :) Armor or not, we will march!

thats the kind of posts i like to see!

Goose, I merged a copy of your comformation list post with the post closer to the top of this thread. You'll be able to edit it and post any updated info there for people just now seeing this thread for the first time.

Thanks again buddy. See you there.

also, another reminder...

anyone that already sent their contact info to Dreads, needs to resend it to me. i dont have any so far, and im going to have to call everyone after we get there to relay the meeting spot and times.

and, for all of you guys going to the con that wont be marching (and those that will be...), we need to set up some sort of group get together. there are tons of bars and restaurants in and around the host hotels, or we can just hang out as a group in one of the lobbies and let all the droves of people take endless amounts of pictures of us. discuss?

Add me to confirmed marcher, also are we going to have parade badges for this? I am getting my Halo H3 Marine Helmet and shoulder stuff from Adam right now and the greaves and chest/back from either Spase if he ever contacts me or I'll have someone pep them. Also goose just sent you a e-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back