Odst Tux Shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruze789

Sr Member
Don't know how many people got/ remember the Master Chief tuxedo shirt before the Bungie Store closed up shop:

3921114921_fe518e9f14.jpg

Well just a week or two or three ago I decided to make up an ODST shirt inspired by that concept. After a couple failed attempts, I finally have one that I'm fairly happy with.

I made it with my home screenprinting kit, but I had tried to cut corners to make up the screen instead of just getting a transparency made and using photo emulsion to make it up. It's got some spots where the screen filler blocked some lines, so I'm calling this one V1.

A V2 will happen soon, and I'll get it done right.

This pattern was made using the Halo 3 armor as a reference. It is a little smallish, I wanted to cram it into a single 10x14 inch screen frame instead of having to use multiple screens.

Anyway, here's the pics, sorry for the blurry but I didn't want to use flash. I'll try to take some better ones tomorrow.

3921092381_6b09dd5669.jpg

3921108749_e1d20eed4d.jpg

3921892034_9fef9dbab9.jpg

Awesome! Looking good :p

Will you be making more of those for others to purchase?

I'd love one LOL

i concur... awsome job man!! i would want one also, if you did make more you could possibly make a buisness out of it by making custom ones like red chesplates and possibly names nad such, but ya thats awsome man!! good job.

Spartan 051 said:
haha ruze looks like youll never have a scaling problem for the odst chest armor

Looks like he's also got half of his suit done :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys!

I am planning to get some done for sale, but wasn't planning on using this screen for it. It's got too many problems to sell the shirts that come from it (in my opinion). But I will definitely be making up another screen for it and was contemplating doing a run.

I really don't think it would be possible to get a run printed and shipped before ODST drops, though. I was hoping to but ran into too many problems to make it happen.

And I don't know about customization, I'd have to see what it would take to do it. Might be a lot of work.

you could always draw up plans and bring it to a company to make the run of shirt. I think at cost its some wear around $8-10 a shirt if you do a single color. Im sure if you post a add on the classified you could get a small run

Oh, I'd LOVE to have one of these.

"Need to look like an ODST, but too lazy to wear your full armor? Just throw this on, and you'll have 0.01% more resistance to plasma fire, and be stylish at the same time! Sarge will never know the difference!"

I still really want the master chief one, but this is just as if not more awesome

also this might help however it is meant to be for weta so it would need to be adapted

LegendaryArmorODSTPrelim.jpg

Well I think that I'll proceed with my V2 shirt with a run of them in mind. I'll try to put in a little more detail, this pattern was designed to be simpler due to the method of putting the pattern on the screen that I tried.

I can probably incorporate some H3: ODST details since the chest armor is nearly the same as in Halo 3 (which this one was based on). The size will stay the same though so I won't need to go crazy with multiple screens.

@ spartan051: I will probably check into printing places and compare costs. It might end up costing me about the same to do them as it would to get it done by someone else, so I'd have to think about it. I've got one or two closeby though so I'll make some calls... thanks for the suggestion.

Dan W. said:
Haha! That's awesome! You could design them on this site and sell them... It's a "design-and-sell-your-own-t-shirt" site.

Thanks for the link, I'll look into that as well.

I think I'm probably leaning towards making them myself though, I've got the materials and tools I need for it and now I've got the practice in. Just need to make a new screen.

My Version 2 pattern drawing is just about done, I've gotta find a place that prints 11x17 transparencies now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man, nicely done. If you still have the source files, got to www.zazzle.com. I'm an independent graphic designer and I make my custom shirts through there. It also allows other to purchase your content. Pretty nifty stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back