Marines - 90% Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydra

Hi all, I was bothered to post what meager scraps of pictures of the Halo marines my boyfriend and I built. Originally aimed for completion at Dragon Con 2009, we scrapped the idea in favor of.. well they weren't anywhere close enough to being kosher/up to par enough for Dragon Con.

All pieces were pepped then lovingly bondo'd of course. I would have initially preferred to sculpt and vac form the pieces, but the facilities were not available at the time we started the project. Plus it was a great learning experience, I'd say we're near experts with frigg'n fiber glass now, haha.

7333_1221523172585_1064124267_14641.jpg

7832_1208452886163_1073910453_67525.jpg

7832_1208452926164_1073910453_67525.jpg

7832_1208452966165_1073910453_67525.jpg

More detailed shots will be posted soon. Details via paint and small features will be added soon, as well as more accurate soft parts (belly and thigh pieces especially!).

Oh and don't mind the troopers, they tagged along to the ODST premier. <3

Glad to have you back in action Hydra :]! You guys are looking good, chest piece looks a little too big but that's only me nit picking. Do you plan on adding shoulders to your suit? Looks like you guys had fun!

Cheers,

Kensai

kensai111 said:
Glad to have you back in action Hydra :]! You guys are looking good, chest piece looks a little too big but that's only me nit picking. Do you plan on adding shoulders to your suit? Looks like you guys had fun!

Cheers,

Kensai

Yeah there's some for-sure resizing happening... and also I chose not to wear my shoulders for the night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol! Those look great! Looks like you all had a lot of fun. :)

Do you plan to add any decals or name decals to the suit (like the UNSC logo perhaps?). Looks good!

I am a big fan of Vrogy's Marine files. Your build looks very nice. I think the chest looks fine, maybe a little too big, but its the military, not everything fits 100% during a war.I would just add a little more detail to the chest plate for sure, maybe a UNSC Eagle or just paint the center bit. The only thing that it NEEDS to look stunning is a better set of BDU's and the Drop Leg soft plate on the outer thigh, without that bit of soft armor it just looks slightly off. There is the elbow piece, but as in the pics your sleeves are rolled up it doesn't really matter.

Very nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back