Gears Of War Armor (For Those Interested)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KUNG FOO OYSTER

Hey everyone, first off, it's cool to meet you all, and just saying hi is always appreciated.

So anyway, as my first pep project, I decided to make a Benjamin Carmine COG suit from Gears of War, despite this being a halo site :p

So far I've gotten about 3/4ths of the way through putting the helmet together, and I will put up a picture after I finish it. (Probably later tonight)

If anyone else is interested in this, I got all my peps off 405th.

heres the link:

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8197

If anyone does decide to work on this, I'd love to hear how it turns out, and any things that could prove a problem.

I'm excited to make my first suit of armor, and I hope it turns out well.

P.S. Eventually I'm gonna make something halo related :p

-KFO

EDIT:

Heres the helmet :) all pepped and pretty

9134_103602129651714_100000057834049_100285_3406104_n.jpg

9134_103642012981059_100000057834049_101552_2942596_n.jpg

knees

9134_103641956314398_100000057834049_101551_7299559_n.jpg

Hey Kung Foo Oyster I'll start by saying welcome to the 405th and sounds like a pretty cool project. I know a few guys on here have made the COG's armor. They looked awesome. If memory serves I know for sure one person was building Carmine specifically but I haven't checked in on that in a while. Well that's all I got. Good luck with your Carmine and can't wait to see what you got so far.

Cheers.

Thanks for the welcome green ghost, I put up some pics of what ive got pepped so far, and I'm working on the shins right now.

I believe i'm going to start resining, (now that I FINALLY got all the things I need), on thursday, so that'll be interesting. Anyway, I'll keep you posted, thanks

Sounds like a great project to undertake. I might try this someday though I am concerned in terms of filling out the armor. CoG's are pretty beefy guys and I don't exactly fit the bill. Even if Carmine was the smallest of them.

But I may still make the helmet just for kicks.

I've heard that the armor actually looks alright, just pad it a bit extra, I did play football last year so im still a bit beefy, and I have wide shoulders anyway, so I should be fine at least. :p

And I am planning on trying to get an led in by the eyes to light them up.

One problem, anyone got a cheap solution for the lenses? the eyes are kinda big, and they need to be blue

Looking good so far! It's nice to see someone working on the Gears armor. Keep it up, bud! :)

Hmm...for the lenses you could put a blue visor in behind them or you could cut them out of plastic or plexiglass yourself (dremel, woo). As for filling out the armor, you can just pad it really well. As for filling out the COG armor, if you're small like me you might try some football pads underneath, perhaps. I'm small enough to fit into youth pads, lol so I probably need them. Cheapest I've found if 30 bucks. It all depends on how it fits you, I suppose.

Well once you find what you want to use for the eye's, (Plexieglass,lexan, Ect). you could try Window tint (Used for car's and other things.....) I found some at Auto zone and any other car or Do it yourself Place!!! I really hope this was helpful to you or anyone who read's it... (P.s. I'ma new guy so take it easy one me)

DylanMarx said:
How do you open the Gears of War files in pepakura designer 3?

you have to go to the program files and copy and paste the files into the sample folder:p

Last edited by a moderator:
pooper said:
Looking good so far! It's nice to see someone working on the Gears armor. Keep it up, bud! :)

Thanks! I'm going to begin the bondo process today, so wish me luck :)

Kaya Tetsu said:
Hmm...for the lenses you could put a blue visor in behind them or you could cut them out of plastic or plexiglass yourself (dremel, woo). As for filling out the armor, you can just pad it really well. As for filling out the COG armor, if you're small like me you might try some football pads underneath, perhaps. I'm small enough to fit into youth pads, lol so I probably need them. Cheapest I've found if 30 bucks. It all depends on how it fits you, I suppose.

I don't think I'll need too much padding, I actually played football last year, and I'm not fat, but I have really wide shoulders, and pretty big arms, (I used to lift and now im doing jiu jitsu, its kinda like wrestling), so I don't think that'll be too much of a problem.

as for the eyes plexiglass sounds great, and idea as to how I could color them?

Pfc.Tarkov-ODST-Helljumper said:
Well once you find what you want to use for the eye's, (Plexieglass,lexan, Ect). you could try Window tint (Used for car's and other things.....) I found some at Auto zone and any other car or Do it yourself Place!!! I really hope this was helpful to you or anyone who read's it... (P.s. I'ma new guy so take it easy one me)

That sounds like it might work :) thanks, but by window tint did you mean like the film or is there some kind of solution? I need it to be blue, and not too pricey :) thanks a bunch

Last edited by a moderator:
Erm, well the Film, and ya it's pritty pricey.... but The Film is a good choise to use. I mean its long lasting and you can make it as dark or light as you want to by putting layer's (If I remember, its been about two years since I did this for a Anti-flash look alike on a gasmask). Sorry I'm not that much help!

( This is a place I was looking at today about the window tint, http://www.windowtint.com/shop/Color-Films.html?sort=price )

ah, thanks, I might just drop by a tinting place by my house and ask if they have any little scraps I can just have or buy cheap

as for progress, I didn't finish bondo-ing because I went to a party, with alot of spin the bottling :p

gonna work on pepping the shins at my job tomorrow so I'll probably post up some pics tomorrow, thanks for keepin with me :))

that helmet is looking excellent man!

I saw that file and was like "AHHHH omg!" :eek

props on tackling that tough pep file

FINALLY! Got the bondo and sanding done, and went ahead and spray painted it. I used chrome for a car pretty much, and am gonna lay blue/gray over it, and do a little sanding to make it look like metal

8326_103802839631643_100000057834049_105388_2143323_n.jpg

Yet again, apologies for the double post

7531_103844732960787_100000057834049_106845_3690790_n.jpg

I do have a question

I'm trying to connect 4 5v 30ma LED's to my helmet, and I'm completely confused as to how to do it, I looked all over and it is not very clear, and link's tutorial where everyone suggests, has no pictures anymore, so I'm in a cinch, Help?

thanks

-KFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back