Jedi Stumpy's New Mkvi Helmet New Update 12/3/09 Molding Done! Casts Have Been Pulled!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JediStumpy

Well time to update and my progress. After putting it after all summer and got back to my HD MkVI Helmet by FS.

Like the topic says, I use SmoothCast 300 for the inside, no FG.

Right now I'm using Joeycoz method for bondo with a little change but same thing. Works really well.

I also use foamies to add my detail as well. I printed out pep pieces, glue on to the foamie, cut and glue on the helm. I use Loctite Super glue because it dry very fast and sticks to ANYTHING! It hardens like a plastic would make my details hard and not soft like the foamie is. I kinda turns into a styrene sheet.

Well here are some pics:

Update: 12/3/09:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIbKlmkBOK4[/media]

DSC02841.jpg

DSC02842.jpg

DSC02845.jpg

DSC02848.jpg

DSC02848.jpg

Update: 11/21/09:

DSC02674.jpg

DSC02676.jpg

DSC02668.jpg

Update: 10/22/09

DSC02574.jpg

Update: 10/19/09

DSC02529.jpg

Original:

DSC01834.jpg

DSC02394.jpg

DSC02399.jpg

DSC02436.jpg

DSC02433.jpg

DSC02444.jpg

DSC02451.jpg

DSC02462.jpg

DSC02848.jpg

Very Nice Pep work first off. and extremely nice detail work with the foamies. Bondo method looks great. I just dont have the patience to stick foamies and make the border for bondo, Big ups to you. Keep It up

rvb18 said:
you should have called the thread return of the jedi, lol

HAHA!!! You're right!

Macattack64 said:
How do you stick the foamies on? Do they have an adhesive back?

I just use painters tape.

Well the Foamies that have the Paper, not cardstock, it use Loctite super glue. I cut out the shape, leaving on a boarder, get enough glue, glue on to the foamie, cut out, measure/size up my spot, and glue on again with the Loctite. Then after I take the Loctite and go over the edges to help seal the foamies to the helm and it seals up the foamies as well. The Foamies absorbs the glue quite well.

The Foamies for bondo work:

Painter's tape is only use to mask off the area, place down double sided tape (Scotch brand work just fine0 or if you want to wait a little longer Elmers glue. Elmer glue is just slightly absorbs the Elmer glue which do help speed up the dry time.

Hope that answer it. I have the other side finished but need to load the pics still. Just not tonight. I would say I'm about 85% done with bondo. Just need to finish up to detail spots in the front and brim.

Then I can give it a coat of primer...and sand it again...Awesome!

More it come soon...or later?

Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I thought I was the only one who thought of foamies for detailing! Glad to see that they're actually useful!

@ Jedi

Alright that makes a lot of sense. At this point I really don't want to bondo because I'd need enough time to take it out mix it up and put in on the piece, then any more kind of smoothening after sanding with bondo.

At this point, I just want to get my biceps all done up, finish a little on my front plate, do all the back plate with bondo and emake the ab plate. Then I'm still on track from flex foam.

College takes up a lot of time.. :(

Macattack64 said:
College takes up a lot of time.. :(

You'll get use to it. It takes awhile.

Right now like a said before I have the other side done and I have to finish up some more bondo work. Didn't get to it today bc or work. My next free day is Thursday so it might not have anything else till the end of the week unless I find some time in the evening.

Till then...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back