Captain America Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new to the 405th forum and I hoe browsed around and looked at a lot of threads and stuff and it all seems to be pretty amazing the kind of things that people make. I think that making Halo armor would be too hard for such a noob like me so I have started making an ironman helmet. I have also been looking around the internet the last couple of days for a Captain America shield pep file, but I couldn't find anything despite how simple it is. So I decided to create an accurate 3d model and put it in pep. The link is at the bottom if you want to check it out and please leave comments saying how I can improve it. Thanks

http://www.mediafire.com/?tzot3fitwt2

That is a good job for a shield, but also a ungodly amount of pages. Don't get me wrong though. Very good job on the curvature and everything

Spartan-124 said:
That is a good job for a shield, but also a ungodly amount of pages. Don't get me wrong though. Very good job on the curvature and everything

Yer, I know that there are tons of pages. It's only because it's such a big face and in order to fit it on A4 paper I had to break it into hundreds of pieces.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm, I guess just resize it by 2x or 1.5x for a accurate hoplon

Like this bad-boy lol

spartanhoplite.jpg

There is a much easier way of doing this. Some people use snow sleds as a base for circular sheilds, another mehod is to use a small satelitte dish as a mould, or you can cut a sheilds profile onto a bit of mdf, attatch it to a pole and make a circular contour curve tool (much like making nurbs surface by rotating a spline but with clay instead of nurbs and mdf instead of the spline)

none the less, welcome to the forum and good luck with your projects :)

NZ-TK said:
There is a much easier way of doing this. Some people use snow sleds as a base for circular sheilds, another mehod is to use a small satelitte dish as a mould, or you can cut a sheilds profile onto a bit of mdf, attatch it to a pole and make a circular contour curve tool (much like making nurbs surface by rotating a spline but with clay instead of nurbs and mdf instead of the spline)

none the less, welcome to the forum and good luck with your projects :)

Haha, I saw this yesterday and went searching for that old post of yours over on O42 about this exact method :D Hope you don't mind me reposting the image:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back