Soft Parts Odst Desert Warrior Project- Molle System For Mounting Armor Pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I just received my CIRAS vest. Looking closer at it, I was thinking of mounting armor pieces with the MOLLE system. Shown in the pictures below.

here's the vest:

img0276kh.jpg

Here is one of the pistol pouches with the MOLLE system. As you can see it has buttons to lock it in place.

img0281ak.jpg

Once installed as shown below. The armor piece is secure and will not fall off:

img0282sv.jpg

All of my Armor pieces even thighs in the future will be mounted using the MOLLE system.

Here I am with all my new gear:

photo3tz.jpg

(this is also going to be what my ODST desert warrior is going to look like. Except i will have khaki tactical pants(not jeans), coyote brown painted shins and knee armor pads, 2x coyote brown shoulder pieces, Chest piece, and middle lower chest piece. I will use m4 pouches in place of the side armor pieces and of course Savvy's tanks ODST helmet in coyote brown and tinted blue visor :) )

-CIRAS

-PCU L5 special forces jacket

-oakley tactical gloves

-combat belt

-dump pouch

Let me guys know what you think!

Thanks for reading!

IroniumCostuming said:
nice dude. i like the idea of a desert odst

Thanks man! I didn't know where to post my armor project though. Since its not pepakura ( some casts from some forum members) so i just posted it here PLUS a the MOLLE system. I love this system. Its easy and very secure. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
War Vet,

I've used an Eagle Industries CIRAS in Real World training and the correct way of attaching the MOLLE straps is to loop through both horizontal straps on the vest and pouch before snapping it in, thus creating a strong attachment. :) You'd probably know that but just in case.

Good luck with the Desert Warrior Build.

Stay safe,

Tim.

I don't know, if you're not going into combat, it might not be 100% necessary to fully weave your MOLLE straps through all the way... but it DOES make them twice as secure. Or more! I love my MOLLE gear, I wish I could put those straps on everything I own.

Das Brutus uses MOLLE for his armor, I believe, and has posted a thread about it, as well as using drop leg rigs to hold your thigh armor. Might help ya out.

I ADORE this idea, I really can't wait to see the finished product! Love the originality, I think this is gonna turn out very well. Are you thinking of using a different colour scheme for the helmet? Like, all camo-ed up? I think that would look fantastic (Y)

Good luck with everything! Drop me a PM if I can help in any way!

Flyerfye said:
I don't know, if you're not going into combat, it might not be 100% necessary to fully weave your MOLLE straps through all the way... but it DOES make them twice as secure. Or more! I love my MOLLE gear, I wish I could put those straps on everything I own.

Das Brutus uses MOLLE for his armor, I believe, and has posted a thread about it, as well as using drop leg rigs to hold your thigh armor. Might help ya out.

Thanks for the tip. I already ordered the thigh molle straps though. lol

Halo_1 said:
War Vet,

I've used an Eagle Industries CIRAS in Real World training and the correct way of attaching the MOLLE straps is to loop through both horizontal straps on the vest and pouch before snapping it in, thus creating a strong attachment. :) You'd probably know that but just in case.

Good luck with the Desert Warrior Build.

Stay safe,

Tim.

Yup i know. Its just that i wanted to take a clear picture of the molle system

xxFemaleSpartanxx said:
I ADORE this idea, I really can't wait to see the finished product! Love the originality, I think this is gonna turn out very well. Are you thinking of using a different colour scheme for the helmet? Like, all camo-ed up? I think that would look fantastic (Y)

Good luck with everything! Drop me a PM if I can help in any way!

Thanks! i was just thinking if painting the helmet in a coyote brown colour and then adding some light battle damage. I will probably do some camo for the thigh pieces and then try to integrate a blackhawk holster or Safariland holster on the the right thigh.

I kicked around an idea like this for a while. I was thinking of doing a SEAL Team 10 inspired ODST kit and modding the ODST helmet to look something like a MICH. Think this ODST style.

Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

Hey guys! I finally received my helmet and chest piece! Here's some eye candy!

img0308dz.jpg

img0309v.jpg

Check out the craftmanship of Savvy! (AWESOME WORK!!)

Needs a bit of cleaning. But i'll get it done! No obstacle will stop me :D

img0310j.jpg

img0312l.jpg

img0311p.jpg

Here is the infamous washroom pic!

img0321up.jpg

Those sunglasses will have to do for now. But not for long. hehehe. Just waiting on my blue tinted visor, knee and shin set from Sean and my Umarex Mp7a1. In the mean time, i'll be working on this :D

Special Thanks to:

Savvytanks

Sean

This project couldn't have gone this far without you guys! Thank you very much!

Thanks for looking guys!

The Helmet looks really good as the size seems to fit perfectly. The chest piece looks a little small but then I feel I'm being extra picky. It will look great I'm sure. The Molle system looks like it's going to make it a great fit.

Congratulations are in order I believe.

Looking forward to see your paint scheme. Are you going for a camo style like the ODSTs in Halo 3 or plain colors through out?

Meleck said:
The Helmet looks really good as the size seems to fit perfectly. The chest piece looks a little small but then I feel I'm being extra picky. It will look great I'm sure. The Molle system looks like it's going to make it a great fit.

Congratulations are in order I believe.

Looking forward to see your paint scheme. Are you going for a camo style like the ODSTs in Halo 3 or plain colors through out?

Thanks! As for the colour, I'm still deciding. I may just paint them in a coyote brown colour but i'm also looking into some desert camo. Maybe with a mix of tan, dark brown, and coyote brown.

Being as I'm currently deployed right now, I was also wondering about a desert version of the ODST, also using modern-day military equipment as the core of the costume, with the armor laid over-top. I think i'm probably gonna go with multicam as the base though.

I'd go with Khaki/Tan as the armor color; that seems to be the best color that blends in around here (Afghanistan)...

Looks great!!! I was thinking of using molle straps to attach my armor plates as well, but I must ask: how are you attaching the vertical weaving strap to the back of the armor? ( does that make sense??)

that suit makes me sad cause it's not mine. I think you should just give it to me lol. great job cant wait to see more

Hye I really hope this won't be considered a necro doesn't really seem like it is. When will there be anymore progress OP its looking awesome so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back