Mark Vi Female Permutation With Diva Accents :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

teletron1

After reading this site for 3 months I'm finally post my first Wip thread ...Here we go :

I downloaded a ton pep files trying to find my Halloween choice & I found this Balmung of the Azure Sky's Chestf> th_ChestF.jpg

So I bought some supplies & got crackin , to add to it I chose Mr Oreo's low def smoothed files for the helmet & i'm stiil choosing the arms & legs.

This what i did last night : th_Cardboardcostume034.jpg

Primed it : th_Cardboardcostume035.jpg

I printed out a stencil for my Foamies from a high def helmet to detail the low def one & paint it gold :)

th_Cardboardcostume037.jpg

Sadly the rest of th file greaves , gauntlets etc.. is not unfolded so i will have to make do with regular spartan parts that are tweaked a little .

Highlight reel:

th_Cardboardcostume058.jpgth_Cardboardcostume056.jpgth_Cardboardcostume052.jpgth_Cardboardcostume055.jpg

Thanks Guys this place is so awsome . My other builds will have more TlC , I read somewhere you can add babypowder to thicken the resin will cornstarch work too?

looking great. another builder from AZ too i see, im rushing to get my suit finished in time for a concert in tempe on halloween. currently everything i have is wearable, with crap details.

Great work! for the shins/thighs Mr Oreo has some of the new model smooth hd files. They look great, and super easy to build. You can find the link in his thread in first post I believe.

Pardon my ignorance, but what are "diva accents"? I hope you don't mean like this.

Pampered_Diva_Lampshade-FG.jpg

no, that's not my lamp

Mama was busy last Night :)First painted my Torso gold (Diva Accents) & masked with electrical tape before adding black (it's Smoother on round shapes & peels clean)

th_Cardboardcostume045.jpg

Then after looking @ some ref pics the Chief's action figure I made stencils for my foamies for the backpack & the Torso. th_Cardboardcostume041.jpg

Added woodglue to indents so it will look nice when I weather it .

th_Cardboardcostume040.jpg

Painted & Weathered the torso.Now I'm waiting for the backpack to dry .

th_Cardboardcostume044.jpg

th_Cardboardcostume043.jpg

LiQ- I just printed out those very shins & I'm modifying them right now Thanks :)

Dungbeetle & Queen - I'm realy feminizing the boots, cod & gauntlets , greeves by changing there shape . I Hope people will get a kick out of it !

th_Cardboardcostume046.jpg

th_Cardboardcostume.jpg

th_Cardboardcostume050.jpg

th_Cardboardcostume047.jpg

th_Cardboardcostume048.jpg

th_Cardboardcostume049.jpg

Cardboardcostume051.jpg

Cranked out quit a bit today . Only things not pepped are my boots & glove accents . I glassed my modified shins (buttons added to created depth under the holes) they are to wear over high heeled boots ( diva ) . I cover my work area with foil & saran wrap then I spray a thin layer resin mold release so my work stick to my table .The edges are trims with dollar store shears then I finish with a rotary tool .I took me 30 min to cut the space diaper in half :eek , but it's lookin good .While that was drying I pepped my Cuisses & Forearms. My daughter started to miss me so I finally stopped . Sanding & paint will be I a few hours. I think my husband is becoming a Armor Widdow ( He watches Our 1 yer old while I'm in the shop poor guy ) .

i saw in the title "with diva accents" and i was expecting to see glitter armor with tassels lol .. lookin really really good.. spartan in high heels is a must see ;)

Lookin pretty cool there.

And this might sound funny, but the image of your torso with the electrical tape on it looked cool the way it was! lol The gold with the black tape gave it like a female warrior look! haha

The files you are talking about that are not unfolded......I know exactly what ones you are talking about. I was going to use those too, but after looking at those and the regular MVI pieces, I decided to just stick with the regular files and alter them as I have with many pieces in the past. I didn't like how narrow some of the areas were. Mostly for the forearms and shoulder pieces. My shoulder pieces are actually the regular MVI and female version mixed. I made the shins and had to unfold them myself. If I had paid for the license of pepakura, I could have saved my unfolded file of the shins and I could have sent them to you to use.

If you can figure it out, you CAN unfold the stuff yourself in pepakura, you just won't be able to save it unless you paid to get the password for it. It is a little tricky to unfold it, but if you have the time and patience, you can figure it out. Or if you want, I can try and give you some instructions so that you can unfold the files yourself if you REALLY want to use them. :)

Good luck in your build and I am very curious to see how that chest piece looks when finished. I saw that piece too, but I didn't like the curved vents so I went with the regular hayabusa file.

Thanks Goddess ,I may very well redo the paint job after Halloween & add a lot more detail Lights ,smooth up the helmet, Etc

I must say I am now hooked on this hobby . Expect to have your Brain pick for advice here or there . If you're unfoldin stuff already the skills you have must be mad indeed :) .

Haru : I know teehee .Trust me I was tempted but gold paint & heels seemed like enough .

I just gotta say, this made me laugh in the best way possible. Looking quite awesome. Best of luck to you, and hope you have it done by Haloween. I'll envy you from across the great wide interwebs as I run around in my improvised out of the closet costume. :)

Thanks I changed my mind on the color & turn it shiny red :)

The ugly pictures were taken by my husband .

I have to finish glassing my boots & hand pieces & i'll be ready for strapping.

Cardboardcostume053.jpg

Cardboardcostume052.jpg

I'll take more once the Cuisses & handplates are painted tonight.

That's correct :) They will be nice sleek armbands & shins are made to fit over high heeled boots .

Right now it looks like my biggest prob will be getting everything to hang right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back