Grunt Costume Head *update*

What grunt armor should i choose, the halo reach variant, or the halo 3 one?

• Reach grunt

Votes: 48 46.6%
  • Halo 3 grunt

Votes: 15 14.6%
  • Make both

Votes: 40 38.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloReplicas

i havent's shown you guys anything for a while but im gonna make that up with you now!

heres my grunt costume head and methane tank so far

HEAD:

DSCF1143-1.jpg

DSCF1144.jpg

DSCF1145.jpg

DSCF1147.jpg

MASK:

Picture17.jpg

Picture18.jpg

TANK:

DSCF1148.jpg

DSCF1149.jpg

DSCF1150.jpg

that's all folks!

follow this topic for more updates!*

Squirtle117 said:
Master (chief) sculpting what did you use and whre did you get so much detail?

let's say, i got some great nice and tidy sculpting tools, and the clay is also really nice to work with. the clay i used was 10 kilo's and i bought it for 3 euros and 50 cents. the reason it was so cheap is because it was drying river clay, and its still good to work with. the reason i payed attention to the details is because i used both macfarlane reff pics and the halo 3 odst grunt model.

Last edited by a moderator:
BobvDijk said:
tottaly awesome sculpt haloreplicas!!!!

best grunt i've ever seen

+1 for elite!

want me to make a elite head sculpt?

id do it for 4 euro's all inclusive

Some pretty fantastic work. I guess this is the first time I've seen a Grunt without a head and wow...are those things ever ugly. Nice model, hope it turns out.

Dave

wow there thats really cool looking sculpture you have there ill post up a reference pictures here just in case you need more of a reference

photo.jpg

this should help you very well

cant wait to see this finished , it would be one really cool mount for the wall to ;) keep it up dude

EDIT* : PLEASE DO THE ELITE HEAD AND HELMET THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!

GiR3892 said:
wow there thats really cool looking sculpture you have there ill post up a reference pictures here just in case you need more of a reference

photo.jpg

this should help you very well

cant wait to see this finished , it would be one really cool mount for the wall to ;) keep it up dude

EDIT* : PLEASE DO THE ELITE HEAD AND HELMET THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!

i'll need a few reff pics for the elite head without helmet first, im happy to give it a try.

ok, i'm off school today because i felt pretty sick, so after i woke up, i thought: well, let's have a little look at my grunt head sculpt... *walking towards the head sculpt* *removes the wet towel* OMGWTFBBQ!!

yes, 3 giant cracks have appeared in the head sculpt.

so tell me folks, how can i fix this. sorry, i have no camera atm.

so i drew it out.

gruntheadwrecked1.jpg

gruntheadwrecked2.jpg

Water based clay over a rigid armature does that. I'm not sure there is a way to fix it, though I'm no expert. You could add Fresh clay in those areas, but it will just happen again as the clay dries. Sorry to see that happen- I wondered about that when I read it was river clay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back