Halo Legends: The Package Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan 270

Well I just watched "The Package" on Halo Legends today and I personally thought it was a huge step up from "The Duel" in aspects of story and plot. Another thing I thought was cool was the Spartan Armor. It looked like the Mark VI with slight variation in the helmet which, for some reason, I thought looked pretty interesting from the regular Mark VI you see in the game. The UNSC prowler was also a nice touch to the episode. Overall, I thought the episode was pretty good and can't wait for part 2 of it. :) So, what did you all think of this episode? Personally, I think its my favorite so far and then comes The Babysitter.

The only thing I thought was annoying was the Chief's voice. Maybe I'm just too used to his voice that I completely reject this one, but it just sounded...wrong. Is it really that expensive to hire Steve Downes for the role?

I thought it was easily the best episode so far. The look of the piece was more what we are used to. I am okay with the space bikes, and was glad to see that pretty much everything was fairly close to the look of the games. No Japanese architecture or Samurai elites so far.

I will say one thing.....

I hate cliffhangers!!!!

I can't wait for the next installment just to see what happens next.

I don't like how they try and make them sound "cool".

I don't like also the incredible odds and the amount of firepower those little "bikes" had compares to a whole fleet of covenant.

this episode was a pretty good improvement over the last episodes.

I sortof liked the art style. The spartans looked awesome! :D

john's voice was... wierd.

I really liked the way they stayed to the actual story.

with Kelly and such. actual elites and ships.

To be honest, I'm not happy with the episode.

When kelly ejected from the crotch-rocket, it was like gravity was acting on her.

Solomon-69 acted nowhere near any spartan would act. They would have stayed on the objective and not strayed off like zealous childs.

When the ship came out of the "cloak", I felt like the animators made it far less halo. Unless this is the first mention of this technology in about 10 years of Halo fiction...

I like how they kept John's face concealed though :D

The art style was awesome though.

Overall, thats my opinion :p

imMonkeyGOD said:
The only thing I thought was annoying was the Chief's voice. Maybe I'm just too used to his voice that I completely reject this one, but it just sounded...wrong. Is it really that expensive to hire Steve Downes for the role?

yeah while chiefs voice was weird you have to admit, it is many years before the first time we set eyes on the chief. just saying that your voice changes over the years. But it would have been nice with good ole' Steve.(period)<-lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know it was going to be out today!

I'll check it out when I go to my old man's place later on today.

-Pony

Definitely improvement over the other 2. Why are people suprised about the space bikes? with our military tools today being overtly specific I'm suprised the UNSC has such standard vehicles and not extremely complicated weapons for space combat. Also with the cloak they achieved it with the ship because all they did was essentially steal it from a covenant ship only for that ship.

But yeah spartan tactics in this were a bit weak with 069 randomly jumping in there. Kelly was still her character from the books which I love. One thing I thought was impossible (probably because if we faced them in game we would die) was the massive amounts of brutes, grunts and jackals in the hangar there.

Also the only voice I didn't like was the flight sangheili thats a crewman with the raspy grunt voice. All sangheili have deep voices so I don't know if his fellow sangheili kicked him in the balls or what.

The cliffhanger combined with the halo theme really pumps your blood up as well. If I were a grunt or a brute I would be leaving the hangar the moment I saw them in the bubble shield.

Looks like so far I am the only one who thought it was sicky nar nar. Loved the animation style, the use of the EVA perm, and yes, the "bikes" had a bit too much punch, but the concept is pretty cool in and of itself. I really like the chiefs paint scheme, i know its not game accurate, but I dig it like a shovel digs dirt, I may have to steal it for my MKVI. Definitely my favourite so far. Looking forward to the next one!

THIS is what a Halo animation should look like. Not cheesy anime hair and giggly elite wives. Really liked this one.

Just watched it, finally a good one eh?

I only have one complaint about this, besides the length, i wasnt too fond of the sound effects for the weapons and the explosions. audio crew didnt step up very well. very well done otherwise. this may be the only thing that saves this little series.

Meh, it was ok. i agree that the "bikes" were way overpowered and that the covenant fleet would have raised their shields once the prowler dropped its cloak(unless the premise is that they are breaking through the sheilds, which a frigate takes at least 2 to 3 shots with a MAC round to do). Not to mention the entire cloaking thing. Prowlers don't have active cloaking like that, they are more like submarines, running quiet, with thermal baffles on their engines and got giving off radiation that would give away their presence.

This is what a halo animation should be clean fast and no samurai/spiky red haired kid. Yes, Solomon needs to get a quick refresher on tactics and those space bikers put up a better fight than Earth and John 117's voice is a little off. But even with all of that we get something that both fits in with the "atmosphere" of Halo and entertains. Judging by the length and quality of the film we have seen so far I would say this is the crown jewel of Halo: Legends and rightly so. All in all this film sets the bar by which the rest of Legends will be judged.

the flight battle is to much like the battle at the start of star wars episode 3, the weapons aboard the craft seem way to powerful for something from the halo-vers in that small a package. all in all though it was cool to see more faces of the Spartans even of Kelly, a more important spartan in the stories.

i liked the helm Kelly was wearing, looks like there's some good front and side shots in there, maybe its enough to make it. hell, i would love to look into modeling most of the suits, but that's still only thought right now. also if you noticed, Kelly was wearing a female specific armor, i know legends isn't canon but its close.

the best one yet

PS: the elites eyes are just wrong, even the duel got that right.

Edit: wait, The unsc doesn't have a real cloaking capabilities on there ships...

this is going to sound stupid, but where do you watch halo legends. I've seen the first two on youtube, but I haven't been able to find 'the package'

Lord of Midgard said:
this is going to sound stupid, but where do you watch halo legends. I've seen the first two on youtube, but I haven't been able to find 'the package'

If you have Xbox Live you can watch it on Halo Waypoint, I think it should still be up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back