Raziel1981's Hayabusa Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAN! That is just too sweet! I hope my Busa helmet comes out that smooth. I really cant wait to finish my Busa suit so I can get started on my helmet. Keep up the awesome work!

AutoBotRatchet said:
MAN! That is just too sweet! I hope my Busa helmet comes out that smooth. I really cant wait to finish my Busa suit so I can get started on my helmet. Keep up the awesome work!

thanks for the compliment :D

i've found a technique on applying bondo... i used Popsicle sticks... put a light even coat of bondo, spread them evenly on the surface until a little section of the helmet is covered... use the Popsicle stick to smoothen the surface of the bondo before it hardens... do that until the entire helm is covered... just a light coat of bondo but even enough to make a curve... then sand it until smooth :D

i've found out that using Popsicle sticks can lessen the "pit holes" in using bondo...

that's in my own experience... i hope it helps...

Last edited by a moderator:
raziel1981 said:
thanks, that means a lot coming from a veteran like you :lol

btw, updates again... finished the details... my fingers are numb due to excessive cutting on the cardboard... :(

anyways here are the pics... hope you all like it.

<snipped pics>

tomorrow i'll be resining the crown area and hopefully finish it by tomorrow... :rolleyes

That is absolutely awesome man, love the designs!

Looks great man!! Hopefully with some resin on it, that will help smooth out the edges on those details.

Malechei said:
This WIP is featured in this week's W.I.P. Wednesday article posted here. Check it out.

*coughs* You linked to the draft. :]

This is awesome! I'm really liking how you approached doing the details on the spikes. I'm not much of a Busa fan, but this is definitely a beautiful build. Can't wait to see it once you get the details primer'd so they blend in.

Keep up the great work!

mks81 said:
Looks great man!! Hopefully with some resin on it, that will help smooth out the edges on those details.

yeah, im waiting for it to cure as we speak...

Malechei said:
This WIP is featured in this week's W.I.P. Wednesday article posted here. Check it out.

wow, thanks man, i cant believe my build is featured... :lol :rolleyes im very much honored...

Drakku said:
*coughs* You linked to the draft. :]

This is awesome! I'm really liking how you approached doing the details on the spikes. I'm not much of a Busa fan, but this is definitely a beautiful build. Can't wait to see it once you get the details primer'd so they blend in.

Keep up the great work!

hopefully it'll turn out as i planned it to be, all those long nights that i cant go to sleep because of thinking ways for the details has finally paid off... :D

update: not much has done today i just resined the crest area, sketched the detailed outline in the mask and in the back area and painted primer...

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

need suggestions of a good color combination :unsure

ohmy.gif
............that turned out great!! I personally say something along the lines of a dark red, and silver of course.

:eek That turned out... AMAZING!!! :D :D :D

Btw, if it's not too much to ask, can we see a tutorial on your Bondo method, the whole popsicle stick method sounds interesting! (And if my helmets come qout that smooth, wow!)

mks81 said:
ohmy.gif
............that turned out great!! I personally say something along the lines of a dark red, and silver of course.

thanks, i cant seem to find a flat red or silver spray paints here... all they have was glossy ones... and i dont want my helm to be all shiny and stuff... :lol

Shade said:
:eek That turned out... AMAZING!!! :D :D :D

Btw, if it's not too much to ask, can we see a tutorial on your Bondo method, the whole popsicle stick method sounds interesting! (And if my helmets come qout that smooth, wow!)

thank you very much, if i may have the time of doing a tutorial on the Popsicle sticks i'd do it... practically im not good in speaking in front of a camera...lols very camera shy... :p

xavierjer said:
The detailing came out really good. More pics please.

yeah it turned out as i imagine it to be, as soon as i finish painting it i'll post more pics.

rvb18 said:
this is starting to get better then ithica's heyabusa

:lol ithica's my master... lols

i'm just inspired by his hayabusa suit and was thinking i'll made one for myself...

FrozenSniper said:
:eek *drooling* that has got to be the best busa helm i've ever seen!

love the tribal details, amazing job!

thank you man. (cleans the drool on face) :lol i'm practically sleepless during those days when i dont know what to do with those details on the spike... now i can sleep again yey!! lols

thanks guys for all the compliments, suggestions and reference pics... i've couldn't done that if it weren't for all of you... very much all the credits goes to all of you ;)

The details came out MUCH better the second time around...........and all thanks to ME! LOL I guess those reference pics I gave really helped, huh? :p

I will have to wait until it warms it until I can get going again on my hayabusa though. :( But for some strange reason, it was warmer today than normal.........especially for winter. :eek

I'm looking forward to seeing this 100% finished. :) Have you thought about the visor yet?

HaloGoddess said:
The details came out MUCH better the second time around...........and all thanks to ME! LOL I guess those reference pics I gave really helped, huh? :p

I will have to wait until it warms it until I can get going again on my hayabusa though. :( But for some strange reason, it was warmer today than normal.........especially for winter. :eek

I'm looking forward to seeing this 100% finished. :) Have you thought about the visor yet?

yeah, thanks very much for the pics, it helped a lot.

hmmm, don't know bout the visor yet.. i'm thinking of buying sunglasses with straight lenses and bend it... hopefully it wont break.

Absolutely amazing. This is the hard part, the rest of the suit is easy. I look forward to seeing your suit finished. Well done.

Ithica

Wow awesome work man. I know how hard a busa helmet can be, I've had to trash two in the past but yours looks flawless. I'm kinda surprised this hasn't been moved out of the noob forum and into the pep/cardboard armor section or even the elite showcase. Keep up the good work man. I might have to pay you to make me one haha

Ithica said:
Absolutely amazing. This is the hard part, the rest of the suit is easy. I look forward to seeing your suit finished. Well done.

Ithica

whoa ithica on the house... :coolthank you very much its an honor to be complimented by the master itslef... :rolleyes

im taking it one at a time... after this im gonna pep the suit.

Derf Xephon said:
Wow awesome work man. I know how hard a busa helmet can be, I've had to trash two in the past but yours looks flawless. I'm kinda surprised this hasn't been moved out of the noob forum and into the pep/cardboard armor section or even the elite showcase. Keep up the good work man. I might have to pay you to make me one haha

thanks man, the first one i've made was a mkVI helmet, that was my practice build and after i've got a hang on things that i should do... i then proceed to this hayabusa build... and it turned out amazing... thus practice makes perfect... lols although its not as perfect as it can be, at least almost as i imagined it to be... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back