Mark Vi Helm Build W.i.p. ***pics***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck D

first of all hi to everybody ive been along time reader 1st time poster (other than the introduce yourself thread)

this is my first attempt at a mark vi helm. i used jedi stumpy's threads as inspiration

let me know what you think

constructive criticism, and tips welcome

sorry for cell pics when im done ill take better shots

photo5.jpg

2 peped files i used 3 total 2 of them were for practice, to learn how to use the materials

photo3.jpg

adding foamies for detailed parts (thanks mr. stumpy for the idea)

photo4.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

close but not quite done, there's a few bad spots that are pretty visable, still need some more bondo, spot putty and sanding.

Hey that is looking good! I was thinking "Wow...That is really starting to look like one of mine!" It is the top front and sides that are very similar!

Great start! Keep it up!

looks like you were inspired by JediStumpy's progress thread.

I think a lot of people are using foamies in that way now.

Very Awesome work!

wow thanks for the compliments

JediStumpy said:
Hey that is looking good! I was thinking "Wow...That is really starting to look like one of mine!" It is the top front and sides that are very similar!

Great start! Keep it up!

I didn't want to make an exact copy of yours, hence why i used a different pep file and left out some of the detail that you put in, but thanks alot for your thread really helped me with the helmet.

hopfully ill have this done just after Christmas, then ill be moving on to another helm, or armor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Romeo3144 said:
i have a question...How do u make it so detail and smooth. and what is the foam thing your talking about

the smoothness comes from bondo and lots of sanding, there are lots of threads on how to do so

example: crackheads09 sticky in the armor related section of these forums

crackheads tut

the detail comes from the foam sheets

cmscontroller

what you do is cut the foam sheets to the desired shape and glue it over your resined/bondo helmet.

check out jedi stumpy's thread, this is where i got most of my ideas from:

jedi stumpy's helmet

how ever when i did mine i just glued on my foam sheets then used resin to firm up the sheets, then used bondo to create seamless corners, which didn't work out the greatest, so i would recommend doing what jedi stumpy did and add paper to the top of the foamie.

hope this helps if you have any more q's just ask or do what i did and search the forums.

cheers

Your helmet is off to a good start! :) I personally would have went with the HD MK VI helmet since it includes more detail thus having a little less work to do in the end, but it is just a personal preference I guess. I like the more detailed ones. I am actually having issues with my MK VI helmet since I am not making it for myself! XD

so im finally done the first helmet. the reason i say first is because a few of my friends found out what i was making and they wanted one too. so instead of just finishing the one i had started i decided to mold it and make some casts for them. this is the first fully complete (minus the vents) cast. he wanted it really worn and damaged, as well as a gold and silver visor. let me know what you think i had alot of fun making this and im pretty sure im addicted to making armor now.

front

_DSC0298.jpg

back

_DSC0297.jpg

side

_DSC0299.jpg

leds

_DSC0304.jpg

gold and silver visor

_DSC0307.jpg

Excellent. I really like that this thread is under 1 page and hes allready got it complete.

Frozensnot said:
I'm really digging your helmet man!

What color did you use for your helmet?

i used krylon Italian olive satin finish with black acrylic weathering, as well as krylon matte clear over top.

thanks for all the compliments guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back